GB HOMEPAGE

URU demo

Posted By: philby

URU demo - 11/14/03 12:39 PM

Am I to understand that there are 3 "cloths" above the cleft?....I have the palm and 1 finger lit up....I know there is one on the trailer but are there 2 more in the area of the volcano?...the one on the tree at the bottom of the cleft must be the last one to open the door in the tree?.....I have played all the Mysts and this one looks to be even better...really like the graphics...someone may send me a spoiler via email if they like.....I have also gotten the windmill going and completed the puzzle to hear the woman talking.....
tks
Paul....... thumbsup
Posted By: MaG

Re: URU demo - 11/14/03 02:40 PM

The one by the tree is not counted as a journey cloth. So there's 4 around Cleft aside from this one.

SPOILER:
3 above - the desert area. One at RV, one behind the sign by the gate to this area (where you start -turnaround and see a warning sign) and one on the other side of the volcano in the skeleton, I think (my memory just fizzled).
Posted By: LenG

Re: URU demo - 11/14/03 06:46 PM

Following the 2 previous posts .... I don't want to mention too much to avoid spoiler-questions.

I've been to "bones" & to "board" and followed instructions for looking.
*** ZILCH! ***

(1) Do I have to trigger things elsewhere before they appear?
(2) Being a logical sort of guy ..... WHY ??
(3) Is there any way to avoid hiking kilometers around desert and fences?

Re: URU demo - 11/14/03 06:51 PM

I found 1 above and the other 6 were in the cleft.....I am now inside the tree....
Paul

Re: URU demo - 11/14/03 07:57 PM

~~~ Philby ~~~
Are you referring to the DEMO?

The one 'above' I found without any trouble. Are you certain that there are no more 'above' and all the other six are 'below' ?

Spoiler Question below ..........
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_

I have seen in 2 places at least that there IS one fixed to the back of the warning notice board, and another attached to the inside of the skeleton.

I couldn't find either of these. Does that mean that those hints were wrong?
Quite possible ... and maybe they were in the beta &/or the full game, but not the demo.
Does that mean that apart from the one at the back of the caravan, ALL the others are down below in the same general area?
Posted By: unicorn

Re: URU demo - 11/14/03 08:08 PM

Hi LenG,
I just finised the demo of URU.
I only found 1 above the other 6 where under ground.
Have fun looking,
Sylvia wave

Re: URU demo - 11/14/03 08:50 PM

BTW ... I meant to ask and forgot.
I'm far from a jumper, clinger, etc. But I eventually became pretty adept in "Indy & Infernal Machine" & "Harry Potter #1".

(1) I tried jumping over a wire fence a few times in the desert and (2) in the cleft from one place to another.
But failed every time.

In the demo, do you have to jump anywhere? and if so where? (1) &/or (2)?

Re: URU demo - 11/14/03 10:54 PM

Hi lenG...the character at the camper helped me a great deal...listen to his clues....I was in one of the rooms and missed one of the cloths just by not looking around....
Spoiler

down in the cleft be sure to lower the bucket it might reveal something....

Paul
Posted By: Jenny

Re: URU demo - 11/14/03 11:08 PM

It was the clue that Zandi gave about the doors that threw me for a loop.
Posted By: DoreenS

Re: URU demo - 11/14/03 11:54 PM

I stepped on the thingie but the bucket wouldn't go down. I know there is a cloth on it but can't get to it. I have thumb, palm and one finger. Can't locate "handle" to make the windmill go.
Got the obvious cloths; trailer, bottom of stairs, in room, on end and on side of cleft.
Would appreciate any help. slapforehead
Posted By: kjos

Re: URU demo - 11/15/03 12:02 AM

Doreen
I'm playing the full game, There are steps on the other side of the bucket. go up those steps and go in a room and you will see a handle that will realese the windmill lock. Then go up to the winmill and pull the lever. I had a job to find the room. I didn't have any trouble lowering the bucket.
Richard
© 2024 GameBoomers Community