GB HOMEPAGE

conspiracies lamp post

Posted By: EEWM

conspiracies lamp post - 09/05/04 02:05 AM

What is the secret for climbing the lamppost up to the vent? I wish I still had some gum left so I could stick it to the bottom of my shoes to stay on. blush
Posted By: Jenny

Re: conspiracies lamp post - 09/05/04 02:16 AM

Have you tried opening the vent? There is a hotspot on the front corner (I think) where you can use a screwdriver to open it. Then you should be able to go through...
Posted By: EEWM

Re: conspiracies lamp post - 09/07/04 12:31 AM

My problem is that I can not get to the vent. I am at the lamppost trying to climb up to the vent. What is the secret of climbing up the lamppost
Posted By: Glynn

Re: conspiracies lamp post - 09/07/04 02:49 AM

EEWM..you just have to be careful and keep heading in the right direction til you get to the top, then use the screwdriver on the corner of the vent...there is no easier way that I found..I fell off a few times... once, I even "got" down [after I got to the top] because I thought I dropped the screwdriver!! smile Glynn
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: conspiracies lamp post - 09/07/04 02:22 PM

This particular scene is a doozy - persistence and being just plain stubborn and not giving up was the answer for me - I tried running up that pole but you have to be so careful not to 'step out into space'. Try getting up it onto that 'arm' and saving your game if you succeed before proceeding along that 'arm' to the vent (looks like a window air conditioner to me). I cannot tell you how many times I not only fell off that pole, but also fell through the pavement below (yeah, that was quite a different view of the surrounding area) and several times fell through the pavement so far that my perspective was as though I was clinging to a rocket going into outer space, got a receding view of earth just like the astronauts do - it was a very strange 'scene'.....anyway, there does not seem to be any specific 'trick' to getting up that pole - I wish you luck, and hope you stick with it - I loved this game.
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: Jenny

Re: conspiracies lamp post - 09/07/04 06:40 PM

Thank you very much for that detailed explanation, Betty Lou! praise

This is apparently a really tricky part--we have a lot of people get stuck here, and not having played this part, it's hard to know what to say...
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: conspiracies lamp post - 09/07/04 06:50 PM

Aw, Jenny, you really should try this game again, I just loved it, a good one, took me a couple of tries before I got excited about it, but now this makes me want to play it AGAIN. Nick is quite a character but loveable anyway. I laughed at the 'bomb', cried in frustration at those mmmmmm, robot dogs, this is the only game I can think of where I got to RUN BACKWARDS and it worked! laugh
Love, Betty Lou
© 2024 GameBoomers Community