GB HOMEPAGE

Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help!

Posted By: Sassafras

Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help! - 11/01/04 12:38 PM

I finally checked the walkthrough- and something is supposed to happen when I click on the bell rope, but all it does is ring! My screen does flicker when I click on it - is this some kinda glitch in my game or computer or something? I need to get to that upstairs room!
thanks

Re: Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help! - 11/01/04 01:04 PM

seems I would learn to SEARCH before posting a new topic! So if I install Turbo, and hold down the shift key, this will work? Anyone had this problem?
Posted By: Cue

Re: Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help! - 11/01/04 06:06 PM

I'm not familiar with Turbo but I did have a problem with the bell rope. I thought I was missing something but it just turned out to be some kind of glitch. The way I got by it was to do a double click on the rope and voila...I went to the second floor. Maybe if you try to click repeatedly on the rope you'll get there too. I know it's not a real "techy" answer but it may work for you.
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help! - 11/01/04 07:13 PM

This is a well-known problem, and some people have had to use a slow-down program like Turbo to get past it.

What I found was that putting my cursor way up high on the rope and clicking like mad finally got me up there... luck
Posted By: Melanie1

Re: Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help! - 11/02/04 06:58 AM

I had the same problem Sassafras. Holding the shift key while clicking madly got me past it.

I did use turbo also. It's a very small & easy program to use & free. It really comes in handy for old games. You can get it here:
http://www.gamehippo.com/free_util/turbo.shtml

Melanie
Posted By: petert

Re: Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help! - 11/02/04 12:44 PM

My way was to click on the bell rope and hit the up arrow at the same time. Worked for me.

petert

Re: Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help! - 11/02/04 01:20 PM

YAY! I turned the sound off so the bell wouldn't drive me batty and clicked like a madwoman for a minute or two and VOILA!
I love this game almost as much as I love you guys for helping me! thanks!
Posted By: jim112332

Re: Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help! - 11/10/04 05:27 AM

I had the same problem in Zork Nemesis but finally realized that it wasn't necessary for completion of the game to go up the bell rope. But it's nice to note that many other people had as much trouble as I did.

Re: Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help! - 11/10/04 05:49 AM

Jim, I'd say it was the other way around--I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they didn't have trouble with the bell rope! lol

That's interesting that you don't have to go up the rope--it's been so long since I played ZN that I don't remember some of the details very well. Is the part of the monastery that you go to by means of the bell rope optional, or is there another way up there that I don't remember... think
Posted By: Melanie1

Re: Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help! - 11/10/04 06:09 AM

I couldn't find another way up there, Jim? How did you get past that part, I'm curious. smile

Melanie

Re: Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help! - 11/10/04 03:37 PM

There weren't any items up there you needed, but there were some puzzle hints, so I am guessing that if you checked a walkthrough for the hints, you could skip going up there. That's what I very nearly did!

Re: Zork Nemesis Bell Rope Help! - 11/10/04 04:37 PM

Thanks for letting us know that, Sassafras--we've had a bunch of members almost tear their hair out over this one, so it's nice to be able to give them an alternative... thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community