GB HOMEPAGE

Jack the Ripper - YinYang door puzzle problem

Posted By: Melanie1

Jack the Ripper - YinYang door puzzle problem - 12/12/04 02:49 AM

I'm playing Jack the Ripper & have turned the yin-yang combo puzzle to the dragon & the boar. I'm not getting any indication of the puzzle being solved, and am unable to open the laundry door.

Am I supposed to do something else here or have I hit a glitch? If it is a glitch, does anyone have a workaround or a save just after the puzzle is done?

Thanks!

Melanie
Posted By: MaG

Re: Jack the Ripper - YinYang door puzzle problem - 12/12/04 02:53 AM

Melanie,

This is a tricksy part. Remember that you are looking at the circle from the side - not frontwise so that boar might be one click off.

Try again from a saved game prior to touching this puzzle and be sure that you have looked close at that bottom part of the laundry door so that you are copying that part of the yin yang. I think that it is a trigger.

You will hear a click if it is done correctly.

Re: Jack the Ripper - YinYang door puzzle problem - 12/12/04 03:06 AM

Thanks, Mag! That explains it.

I did not get a hot spot to look close at the bottom of the door. You also could be right about the perspective. I noticed the right one looked off compared to the top white marker. smile

This game is picky. This will be the second time I'm going back to a previous save for this spot. Maybe I just didn't see the hot spot. I've noticed that some of the hotspots are really hard to get. I'm going to try finding that hot spot first. smile

Thanks again!

Melanie

Re: Jack the Ripper - YinYang door puzzle problem - 12/12/04 04:20 AM

Good luck, Melanie! Knowing you - this game will be a breeze but I agree there some glitches that occurs throughtout the game.

Re: Jack the Ripper - YinYang door puzzle problem - 12/12/04 05:10 AM

Hi MaG,

I have found this game easy, thanks. At least up until now. smile

I went back to a previous save again & searched that door from top to bottom, pixel by pixel and cannot find a hot spot anywhere in that vicinity except for the puzzle itself on the side of the door. frown

I see a step that looks like something's up with it but no hot spot there either. I went back to the front door but the only hot spot I found there is for the calendar. I'm stumped. I haven't touched the puzzle yet, just in case you or someone else remembers where that hot spot is.

I've been enjoying the game in spite of the hotspots. It's an interesting game & the graphics are good. I love Abigail's singing too. smile I just hope I can get past this spot now.

Melanie

Re: Jack the Ripper - YinYang door puzzle problem - 12/12/04 05:20 AM

I might not have been clear. Face that colored laundry door, look down (down arrow) and note the yin yang at the bottom part of the door.
Then tunr left and do the puzzle.

I too love Abigail's voice.

Re: Jack the Ripper - YinYang door puzzle problem - 12/12/04 05:34 AM

Hi MaG,

That's what I did, but no hot spot, no arrows. I did scroll down & look at the bottom each time but no luck. You do mean the back door in the alley where the puzzle is, right?

Maybe the puzzle will work this time anyway?

Melanie

Re: Jack the Ripper - YinYang door puzzle problem - 12/12/04 06:39 AM

It worked this time, MaG! laugh

I don't think I did anything differently this time, but whatever it was, I'm moving on. It must have just been a glitch. think

Thanks for your help again! smile

Melanie

Re: Jack the Ripper - YinYang door puzzle problem - 12/12/04 06:12 PM

wave MaG
Yes, the third time was a charm. smile And hopefully, the end of the bad glitches.

Melanie
© 2024 GameBoomers Community