GB HOMEPAGE

Escape the Room

Posted By: Jen in Chgo

Escape the Room - 03/31/05 07:04 PM

Escape the Room

I'm stuck! I can't find the #9. Anyone know where it's hiding?

laugh Love, Jen laugh
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: Escape the Room - 03/31/05 07:43 PM

It's under the bed, Jen- the foot of the bed, not the head. I'm looking for three and eight!

Re: Escape the Room - 03/31/05 07:52 PM

I can't seem to get a decent view of the foot end of the bed. ARGH!

3 is in the trash, but it's hidden. Think ginsu. 8 is in the locked nightstand drawer.

laugh Love, Jen laugh
Posted By: MaG

Re: Escape the Room - 03/31/05 07:53 PM

My under the bed was 4. I got 3 - after manipulating the trash and 8 (can't remember where though).

Re: Escape the Room - 03/31/05 07:58 PM

Ah got 9 - thanks.

Look at under head of bed and click to right under the mattress or wall to get foot of bed view - while under the bed.

Re: Escape the Room - 03/31/05 08:01 PM

Thanks, MaG! That helped tremendously. Now what? lol I'm clueless as to what to do next.

laugh Love, Jen laugh

Re: Escape the Room - 03/31/05 08:05 PM

What code did you use for the chest? That's what I was working on when I lost the game? Hint?

Re: Escape the Room - 03/31/05 08:07 PM

Open up Word or Excel or something & use Wingdings. The trash can holds the clue. You can right click & zoom in for a better view.

laugh Love, Jen laugh

Re: Escape the Room - 03/31/05 09:30 PM

Yea MaG & Sass!

What game is the missing head in? I'm escaping from 2 more rooms now. One is called Blue Chamber & the other is Maama Crimson Room . Good way to waste an entire day isn't it? lol

laugh Love, Jen laugh

Re: Escape the Room - 03/31/05 11:37 PM

Jen,

On the Blue Chamber - I got as far as hearing a voice say okay.

I will check the Crimson room.
Posted By: Midge

Re: Escape the Room - 03/31/05 11:38 PM

I need some help with the wingdings. The trash can clues. Please. Thank you.

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 12:10 AM

Ah, don't worry about it. I've already past those & found even MORE escape from room puzzles. There's a whole slew of them!!! eek I'll be here until next week. lol

laugh Love, Jen laugh
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 12:51 AM

I have all the numbers and every inventory item except the bottom two. Should I be able to do something with the box right away if the numbers are correct? I'm wondering if my word processing version of the symbols is different than Windows. MaG, if I send you the numbers I have, will you tell me if I'm right?

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 01:01 AM

LadyK,

You get those last 2 inventory after opening the chest.

Yes, if the numbers are correct and you have the key - you can open the chest.

Will wait for your wingding numbers. Remember the other part of the clue - 'mirror'.

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 01:05 AM

Hmmm. I tried them both ways. Let me send you them just to see if the numbers themselves are correct.
Posted By: JKEerie

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 01:31 AM

Hey, MaG

I used a code and a key, and was able to open the box, but I got only one item...another key?

What did I do wrong?

JK

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 01:37 AM

You did right! Another puzzle....

Remember the trash can....

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 04:41 AM

Thank you for confirming those for me, MaG. I went back and put the numbers in again, but still no results. Do you have to click on the lock or the numbers before using the key?

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 04:55 AM

I clicked on the numbers after placing them on the squares.
Then I used the key. laugh

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 03:05 PM

I don't have the key to the box with the numbers. The key I have opens the top table drawer. Where is the other key?
Posted By: jayne

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 03:34 PM

Top drawer bedside table. It's a bit obscure.

Question: I'm having trouble with the wingdings. I can't identify 2 of the numbers as wingdings on my system. I didn't find a zero in the room. Do I need to look for a zero?

Thanks.

Jayne

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 04:11 PM

Jayne,

Yes, you need the zero.
Do a peekaboo under the side table.
Have fun!

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 09:07 PM

I still can't find the key to open the box with the numbers. Help please.

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 09:12 PM

Midge,

Open the top drawer again and see on the left side - it's dark in there. I got it second time I searched.

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 09:25 PM

Well I found the key but nothing happens when I try to put it in the key slot. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 09:43 PM

Hi Midge,

Place the correct numbers.
Click the number l-r
Use the key.

Hope it works for you! wave

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 10:31 PM

Nope. It didn't work.

Re: Escape the Room - 04/01/05 10:39 PM

I just replayed it.
Found out - you don't need to click the numbers.

Place the correct numbers on the squares.
Place the key from top drawer on keyhole.
The chest opens but the words on the screen says 'it doesn't work.
L-R 3 9 0 5 1

Re: Escape the Room - 04/02/05 12:16 AM

Nope. It didn't open. G-r-r-r-r!

Re: Escape the Room - 04/02/05 12:25 AM

Did you read close the 2 parts of the letter?
Did you turn off the radio so that it is 'silent'?
Posted By: ShortCake

Re: Escape the Room - 04/02/05 12:40 AM

MaG, I have been stuck on this game all day. I had the code correct and did everything except turn off the radio. That finally did it. Thank you.

Re: Escape the Room - 04/02/05 01:25 AM

Great, shortcake. That 'silent' thing is in the bottom half of the letter.
I was playing with songs 1, 2, 3. I like #2. laugh
Posted By: Dagokid

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 06:07 AM

Fun game but can't figure out how to turn radio off. Thanks for help.
kid smile

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 02:28 PM

Hi kid,

Long time no hear. Press the red button on the left of the radio. It should turn off the music.

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 02:44 PM

Hello again, there isn't a red button on my radio. Three buttons on the bottom and three lines that say song 1,2, 3.
kid smile

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 02:58 PM

Sorry, I just replayed - it;s a small button on the left. Same level as the 3 large buttons. Had to click twice to turn off music.

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 03:08 PM

Now I am being a pest,sorry. But on my radio there are only three buttons. Guess this is one..I am not going to get to finish.
I zoomed way in on the radio also.
Any other hints. LOL
kid smile
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 03:19 PM

I just started this one today. 2 things, if you "minimize" (-) the game while you have Gameboomers thread in the background, you can reread the clues in the thread without losing (hopefully) the game; then you just "maximize" the game to be where you stopped/were. AND to turn off the radio there is a tiny grey button to the left (of your screen) on the radio to turn it on and off. I cannot find #3, #8 and #0. What is/was the trick to opening that top nightstand drawer? And how do I look under it? I can zoom in and out and "see all" with my right trackball button but I cannot "manipulate" the trash can or pick it up to look under it. Also, is there anything on the ceiling I should look at/for and how do I do THAT? Thanks for any help.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 03:26 PM

I found a question and a number under the nightstand. What are "wingdings" and no I do not have a mirror. What now?
Love, Betty Lou

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 03:28 PM

Betty Lou,

3 - use the knife on trash can.
8 - top drawer - dark in there - move cursor.
0 - under the side table.

None on the ceiling that I know of. laugh

--- Wingdings is a font that is made up of lines and icons instead of alphabets. Mirror is a clue that you need to use the numbers deduced from wingdings to be in reverse - mirror image. smile

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 03:46 PM

Top drawer of nightstand, is there a key to unlock it and where do I find such key? I have WINXP home on my computer, does it include "wingdings"? Not good at manipulating my computer/files wouldn't know where to look for them or how to use them.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 03:48 PM

I tried using the knife (just click on the knife while "in" the trash can?) and nothing happens, it just goes back into inventory. What am I doing wrong?
Love, Betty Lou

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 03:55 PM

Microsoft Word has wingdings. Type in the numbers in windings. I tried it but the icons didn't take.

USE the knife in trashcan. It works.

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 03:55 PM

That should have worked. Look in trash can, and click the knife on it.
kid smile

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 05:21 PM

That worked, trick is to DRAG an inventory item to where you want/need to use it. I have 3 keys now, but cannot figure out where the one from the toolbox/chest is to be used, won't work on door.
AND there is a light in the ceiling, you see it when you first wake up, but I cannot find a way to look at it or zoom in or anything so I guess/assume we cannot use it for anything. So where do I use this key (from chest) with funny square head on it? please
Love, Betty Lou :kiss:

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 05:29 PM

Betty Lou,

That key from the chest is a red herring...

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 05:46 PM

So then where do I find the key for the door? Have I overlooked something? Where do I look?
Love, Betty Lou

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 05:52 PM

Do to the open chest what you did to the trash can. laugh

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 06:12 PM

OK will do. And here is a tip, you can zoom in on something (trash can or whatever) more than once by right clicking and choosing zoom in again and again if that is any help to anyone. Right click anywhere and everywhere you want to look 'closer'.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: Escape the Room - 04/04/05 06:17 PM

Problem, have reused the same numbers on the chest and tried all 3 keys but none will open the chest a second time, now what am I doing wrong? Also cannot force the chest open with the knife. HELP!
Love, Betty Lou
NEVERMIND! I forgot, when I thought I had the key to the door I turned the radio back on, had to go back and turn it off!. rotfl The item I found in the chest just made me rotfl it was so unexpected! Going out shopping now (first of the month again) so will try another room later.
Has anyone else finished the 13th level of Mystery Of Time And Space? I got stuck and never did finish it. Has he added more levels?

Re: Escape the Room - 04/05/05 02:53 AM

I tried their 'site' More Games, but could not find those other rooms and it does not seem that you progress from the room we just escaped into another room. Where did you find more rooms to escape from?
Love, Betty Lou

Re: Escape the Room - 04/05/05 03:57 AM

I think that the others checked the Kontraband site and looked for other 'room' games.
The Maama Crimson room is here .
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Escape the Room - 04/05/05 05:51 PM

Jen, you realize that you have opened a brand new can of worms don't you? Have you played Viridian room yet?

Sue wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community