GB HOMEPAGE

Necronomican

Posted By: problemchild

Necronomican - 04/07/05 03:09 PM

Where is the 20.00 to pay for the map in the general store. There wwas only cjange in the drawer. Thanks scared rotfl rotfl cry
Posted By: tigger

Re: Necronomican - 04/07/05 03:17 PM

there should be enough change even though there doesn't seem to be. Pick up a map and add some of the money to it smile

Re: Necronomican - 04/07/05 03:19 PM

I tried that but it did not work.
Posted By: tigger

Re: Necronomican - 04/07/05 03:31 PM

did you talk to the storekeeper first??

Re: Necronomican - 04/08/05 12:25 AM

Yes. I even took a map, but nothing worked.
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: Necronomican - 04/08/05 12:51 AM

Hi Problemchild, Necronomicon is a very linear game. You must speak with Ma Brady before you can get the map. offer her some money then she'll tell you to go see Mr Crumb, then go see him - he'll tell you about the map. then pick up the map and add the money to it. Gee that map is a hefty price don't you think???

Inferno

Re: Necronomican - 04/08/05 01:59 AM

I have done all of that, but I will try again.
thanks.
Posted By: jorja

Re: Necronomican - 04/08/05 02:58 AM

Please help!!! I'm really stuck in the room with the holes. No matter what I try I end up dead. (fame over)

Jorja
Posted By: MaG

Re: Necronomican - 04/08/05 03:16 AM

jorja,

I have not played the game but check the walkthroughs and see if they can help:

WT1 by Tally Ho
WT2
UHS Hints
Posted By: Melanie1

Re: Necronomican - 04/08/05 03:43 AM

Hi Jorja! smile

The most common problem people have with this puzzle is that the torch goes out and you can't see the doors. Is this what's happening to you?

If you lit the torch and it went out, you'll have to go back to a previous save when it wasn't lit yet. When you walk in that room, stay close to the wall and I think it's 2 or 3 clicks to the right, look all the way up on the wall and you'll see where the torch goes and has to be lit. Save your game before lighting it because you have to move very quickly across the room to the altar and back again before it goes out again.

I hope that helps.

Melanie

Re: Necronomican - 04/10/05 05:42 AM

Can someone tell me which house belongs to Edgar's parents. I have been all over this town but I cannot find it. Thanks help think thanks

Re: Necronomican - 04/10/05 07:55 AM

Do you have your map yet, Problemchild? You have to get that at the grocer first. You have to click on it on the map. It's towards the left on the map.

Have fun! I loved this game.

wave

Melanie

Re: Necronomican - 04/11/05 09:49 PM

I started this game over and am stuck at exactly the same place as I was before. I have done everything up to now, but when I get back to my house I am supposed to talk to the doctor. When I enter the room there is a man sitting in a chair, but the cursor will not allow him to talk. Since this is on page 3, I am still at the beginning of the game. What is wrong?

Re: Necronomican - 04/12/05 03:06 AM

wave Have you examined Edgar's room and picked up items there and did you get the 2 letters from Edgar's house, get a cut scene with Edgar?

If so, you might just be standing in the wrong spot. This game is picky about where you are standing while trying to talk to people.

What were the last things you did?

Melanie

Re: Necronomican - 04/12/05 03:28 PM

Yes, I forgot the second letter. However, now I am stuck at the alter. I picked up the axe (somehow), lol, but now I can't get out of the next room. I keep falling in a whole no matter where I turn. The picture in the walkthrough shows three doors, but I only have one on the screen. Can someone help, please. Thanks
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Necronomican - 04/12/05 03:50 PM

Hi Problemchild. Looking at the walkthrough it looks like you are going to have to go slowy and pan from side to side to find your cursor. You may be able to take only one step before you need to change direction again.
Good luck

Sue

Re: Necronomican - 04/12/05 04:08 PM

There is no other way out. I keep falling in holes. There has to be a way out of here. I just cannot find it. I have gone back and forth all over the place but just keep falling. cry cry slapforehead help help

Re: Necronomican - 04/12/05 04:27 PM

I finally got out by going back and forth. However, I keep winding up back in the alter room. Since the gate is locked there is no way out. This is frustrating especially since I have the axe but cannot go anywhere. scared

Re: Necronomican - 04/12/05 10:40 PM

I finally found my way out, but don't ask me how. I have moved on to the next phase. Thanks for all of the help.

Re: Necronomican - 04/13/05 01:18 AM

Yeh sure, lol. I am in the lab now but cannot get the brain to kep talking. I put the right liquid in it but it still runs down.
What do I do? The walkthroughs are wonderful but they can't answer questions one on one. LOL
Thanks laugh rotfl rotfl think thanks
Posted By: Chief

Re: Necronomican - 04/13/05 01:53 AM

Problemchild, did you pull the lever beneath the jar to activate it?

Could that be the solution?

Chief wave

Re: Necronomican - 04/13/05 02:01 AM

From the 4 Fat Chicks WT:

:Push the middle button on the bottom left to start the machine, then turn the crank at the bottom right a couple of times until it starts talking to you. You can talk back by pushing the buttons in the row under the row of lights. Make it talk to you until it won't talk anymore.:

Everyone had problems with this part also. It's buggy. The good news is that you don't have to do it to progress, it does give you a hint about what to do next though. Let me know if you can't get it to work and want a synopsis of what he said.

Melanie

Re: Necronomican - 04/13/05 01:51 PM

Thanks a lot. That worked

Re: Necronomican - 04/13/05 02:29 PM

Moving right along, I have the ashes I need, but where is the tirture chamber? I went to the next room but could get nothing to work.

Re: Necronomican - 04/13/05 02:50 PM

Trouble - Joyce - problemchild,

It might be best since you're following walkthrough(s), that you read them carefully, try to understand the principle of the puzzles, enjoy the story line and try to be adventurous in solving the puzzle. This will enable you to really get into the game.

We cannot play the game for you, we can guide you through the game better if you try first and have failed. This gives you a better understanding of what advice we give.

Try different approach(es) and you might get the great feeling of solving it yourself.

Re: Necronomican - 04/14/05 12:24 AM

I went on to the next room but I could not get anything to work. I just want to make sure that I am in the right room, so I can continue to play. Since this is the only room I can find, I assume this is the torture room. That is all I'd like to know. Thanks duh cry thanks

Re: Necronomican - 04/14/05 01:18 AM

Problem, if there is a table in the room with you and you can find Eliphas Levy's card in a drawer in that table, then you are in the correct room.
Can you tell me/us what is in the room with you?

Sue

Re: Necronomican - 04/14/05 06:23 AM

I'm glad that got you going again, ProblemChild, I'm not sure where you are now either though.

Melanie

Re: Necronomican - 04/14/05 06:25 PM

Okay, I just went through thr Chamber of Amphorae. I picked up the ashes of E.L. and went to the next room. There is furniture there, but it does not look like a torture cahamber to me. The cursor won't come up so I just wondered if there was another room besides this one. I would keep playing on my own if if the cursor would light up. LOL Thanks eek oops

Re: Necronomican - 04/14/05 09:29 PM

I have read and reread the instructions but the package will not attach to the map. I have tried about every combination but nothing works.
Any suggestions? duh rolleyes

Re: Necronomican - 04/14/05 11:05 PM

Problem did you place the ashes, a diamond and Euphorbia on the pentagram on the floor?

Sue

Re: Necronomican - 04/14/05 11:07 PM

Yes, I have burned everything.

Re: Necronomican - 04/14/05 11:18 PM

This is from a German walkthrough that I translated. This is the part after you do the lock puzzle.

---
Climb down. Light the torches/flares at the walls with your matches.
At the end of the passage, opposite the lattice, you light the last torch/flare at the left wall and go right into the office.
Light with the last match the ?Kerzenleuchter? there and surround you the lever on the right of beside it. Enter to the next room.

CD 2 insert
Take the lighter of the table and leave the area again.
Light the hanging lantern on the right wall hangs using the lighter.
Continue to go now into the next area with a bright bluish center.
Be careful and they must get themselves and the axe. Stay only on the right at the wall where there is darkness, then over there to the bright center; but fall not into a hole, otherwise it is called again "Game more over".
With the axe you can go now back into the office - to think them of these verflixten holes -und the chest thereby to open. Take the dish and the lantern.

Now you can light the areas in the office better and take first the book of the oaths at the chest right in the back. A further book of "spirit of the daily" lies right above, if one goes the stone stages highly. With the key from the chest one can unlock now also the cabinet and take the gasoline and the diplomat suit-case.

Leave now the office and go under way to a close passage diagonally opposite. A piece forwards and you arrive into a chamber with crates. The lying crate open and the hand of the dead one raise and the key forward under it carry.

Go then back into the area, where you got the axe, but adhere you right to the wall. To 6x forwards a lattice comes, you with the evenly found key opens can can-do you the next door and enters a laboratory. If you go far always straight out up to a door with a shining disk, then to the right by the door into the heizungsraum. They stand before a furnace. Turn to the left down and take yourselves you the shovel. Take and into the furnace pour coal from the left container with the shovel now three times. Pour the gasoline onto the coals drauf and ignite everything with the lighter. Close the furnace with the left lever and pull you middle lever left above. Subsequently, you turn the wheel right under the pressure gauge and leave the heizungsraum.

Re: Necronomican - 04/15/05 02:27 AM

Hi MaG wave

I could be wrong but I don't think Problemchild has gotten to that point yet.

Problemchild, it would be easier to help you if you described what the area looks like rather than naming it as walkthroughs do. I played w/o a wt so remember what the rooms looked like but not the names of different places. You should not be looking for the torture chamber since different people played puzzles in different order and called rooms different names. That's one of the drawbacks of following a wt to the letter rather than checking it when you're stuck.

Did you get a cutscene after you took the ashes? Have you taken Edgar's key and wound up back in your house? Gone back to Edgar's house & visited the basement? Have you shown the map to Edgar's father? Been to the library?

Melanie

Re: Necronomican - 04/15/05 02:50 AM

I figured that, MaG. praise

I played it fairly recently so remember most parts and can prod my memory easily with a glance at the wt for the rest, but unfortunately I'm at work in the daytime so not checking the board.

You do a great job trying to piece it all together. smile

Melanie

Re: Necronomican - 04/15/05 02:42 PM

Okay, I am in the library with the map. I am supposed to place different items on different countries. Everything works but the package. I even tried to click on Pawtuxet but that would not place a green X there either. eek cry razz

Re: Necronomican - 04/16/05 05:50 AM

wave

Problemchild, are you using Tally Ho's walkthrough? It has a good picture of this puzzle. I'm not sure which one you're using but this is a good one.

The package goes on South America on the map.

Here's the link to the walkthrough: Gameboomer Necronomicon WT

Have fun! smile

Melanie

Re: Necronomican - 04/16/05 02:24 PM

I know. But the green X will not show up

Re: Necronomican - 04/16/05 05:05 PM

Problem you may have missed a step. Go back and check your walkthrough again please.

Sue

Re: Necronomican - 04/16/05 05:53 PM

I remember having a hard time getting some of the x's to show up also. Keep trying to place it. It has to be in just the right position.

Melanie
© 2024 GameBoomers Community