GB HOMEPAGE

Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot!

Posted By: Tally Ho

Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/26/05 10:58 PM

Something prompted me to re-play this wacky game, having just finished NiBiRu, it seemed like a good idea. I only played it once before, way back when it first came out.

Now I've gone and done something. I picked up that noisy bird, and stuck her into the Succ-U-Bus. She's gone into the system somewhere, and I can't seem to find her. I have looked at "Mother" and at the terminal in the second class room, to which I got an upgrade, but she doesn't appear.

Maybe she's having an affair with Loulou. (Pay no attention to the bird behind the curtain.)

Screeeeeeetch! - That's Parrot-talk for "Help!"
help
Posted By: MaG

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/26/05 11:14 PM

Is mother the room at the basement where all the stuff sent through the Succ-U-Bus end up? Nothing there, huh. Check if Mother has something stuck in her throat - try sending receiving at the Bilge room. It you can't - that bilious build up might be the parrot. Then you have to dislodge him. smile
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/26/05 11:31 PM

Tally Ho,
That wacky parrot often magically escapes back to its cage. Check the parrot lobby. Also, when you sent the parrot through the Succ-U-Bus, did you use a designer room chevron? If not, Mother may indeed have it. Have you tickled Mother's fancy yet to help her clear her throat?

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/27/05 10:52 AM

I'm sure the bird is stuck in Mother's throat in the Bilge Room. Trouble is, nothing happens when I try to receive something there. (The bird cage is indeed empty.)

And I didn't use a chevron to guide it. Not using a walkthrough can lead to unexpected results, can't it?

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/27/05 12:55 PM

Mother would say that she has a bilious build up when there's a blockage in her system.

You can dislodge it by making Mother (nose + feather =) sneeze.
Stick a feather in Mother's nose.
Then go to the Remote Thingummy, use Succ-U-Bus and click send.
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/27/05 02:12 PM

Or he could be waiting for you in your upgraded room....have you looked there?
Love, Betty Lou laugh :kiss:

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/27/05 04:58 PM

The parrot wouldn't be at the room, Betty Lou, because Tally Ho didn't use a chevron to send it.

Tally Ho,
Does Mother say she's feeling bad? If so, there's probably something bigger stuck in her throat than the bird. If you don't have a feather, you may have to go back to a save. I don't know any other way to clear Mom's pipes.

MaG,
Wouldn't you want to click "Receive" rather than "Send?"

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/27/05 08:03 PM

LadyK,

I checked the guide and it stated press 'deliver' after inserting the feather in the Succ-U-Bus. woozy This is at the bilge room.

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/27/05 08:35 PM

Here's the catch (after reading WT) -

I never picked up the parrot and lost her, gaining a feather. I simply snatched the bird out of the cage, and sent her for a ride on the Succ-u-bus. I might be stuck without that feather, and will have to go back to the beginning.

I have no feather, and no bird to get one from!

Squawk! Loulou is a pretty bird! oops Wrong bird.

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/27/05 09:38 PM

Well, I did just that - started over. Now I can progress. Thanks for the attention! wave

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/28/05 03:54 AM

Good luck with it, Tally Ho! It's definitely one of my favorite games, although this is the first time I learned about this dead end. Hmm. It's a moot point, but I wonder if one of the bots could have given you some different advice for getting the parrot.

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/28/05 10:28 AM

That's a good point. I never thought to ask THEM for advice. I did figure out how to tweak them so their mood is improved.

Later - - -

There! Just finished the game. Getting the Chicken just right for the fussy bird was a bit of a challenge, as well as getting the Bartender to make that drink. Subtle clue that - you have to TELL him you just provided the Pureed Starlings, or nothing happens. Whacky game, but delightful.

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/29/05 02:11 AM

ST was my very first adventure game, Tally Ho. It was tough, but it hooked me good and proper. Mind you, I did consider psittacide several times, especially when trying to get that fussy squawker off that rabafratzen perch. I'm planning on a replay myself soon.

Re: Starship Titanic - Eek, I've lost the Parrot! - 05/29/05 08:32 PM

That parrot gave me a headache. I can still hear him screech. But he is such fun.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community