GB HOMEPAGE

The Watch Maker

Posted By: Linda H

The Watch Maker - 06/05/05 12:55 AM

Hi!

I read how you go from first person to third person, but am stuck in the clock tower. I am Daryl and stepped through the gap from his hotel porch to the clock tower. Looked and the bas relief and discovered that there was something underneath it. Now I want to go back out through the gap onto the porch, but I can't get him over to the other side! I used the arrows and used the space bar, and he won't walk out the gap to the porch. Help! Does it make any difference if we use first or third person in this game?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Linda cry
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/05/05 01:17 AM

Use the third person to move around the clock tower to get to the gap and through the gap.
First person is to look at things only but the character cannot move forward.

Move the cursor until you can see it go through the gap. Maybe that might be the problem. Good luck!
Posted By: Melanie1

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/05/05 03:03 AM

Hi Linda & MaG, wave

You have to have your cursor where you can read the word 'gap'. Then just leftclick the right spot.

Melanie

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/05/05 11:51 AM

Thanks! I really appreciate this bit of advice! That probably was the reason why I couldn't get to go through the gap!

Again thanks MaG and Miartisian.

Linda
Posted By: Melanie1

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/05/05 05:38 PM

You're welcome, Linda. smile

The navigation in this game is very tricky. Sometimes you can't move forward until you hit the spacebar and get the closeup view to click on something. When you are having trouble, I suggest trying both views and both right & left clicking. Different spots will require different actions. Usually, you will need to see the descriptive word to move there though.

Good luck and have fun! Holler if you need more help.

Melanie

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/06/05 02:19 AM

Hi,

Does it matter if either one of the characters talks to Greta, or the caretaker, in order to progress through the game? Both characters tried to get into the caretaker's door to chat, but it was locked, and another time as Victoria, she went there and took the chisel from his shelf. He wasn't home at the time. Now, I am Victoria, and I took the necessary items from the Lab -syringe, acid, picture of Jude and necklace, and blood. I tried talking to Anderson and going to inventory to show him the items, but she says that it can't be done. What should I do to get him to talk and give me the keys to the old wing?

How can I access the PD and see what notes I have and things that I may have missed?

Thanks for the help!

Linda blush

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/06/05 02:55 AM

Linda,

If you can't get Victoria to do those things. Transfer the items to Darrell and let him do them. It was trial and error to see who can do certain actions better.

As for the inventory items -
Pressing the Tab key opens the inventory and pressing it again closes it.
Left click on the name of the current character at the top of the screen will open the inventory of the second character. Then left click on an item on that list will transfer that item to the current character's inventory.

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/06/05 12:35 PM

Thanks MaG! I heard that there is a PD that can be opened and reveal some facts and information about certain characters. How do you get the PD opened?

Thanks for the help!

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/06/05 12:42 PM

Hi Linda,

To access the PDA, where a record of conversations is recorded, press the P key or the telephone icon in inventory

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/06/05 03:03 PM

Thanks MaG! Am finally getting used to the game and the various ways to travel and use the inventory. It is a good game! Hope that I find what I am looking for befor the time limit is up!

Linda

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/09/05 01:18 AM

Hi,

I am stuck just after the sand trap and the medallions in the Lion's moouth. I tried bkothe characters and got stuck at the part where Greta was supposed to scold either character, upon their return to the castle. I tried as either character, by going upstairs and finding the cook, Steven drunk, sleeping in the Guest Bedroom on the 4th Floor. Went back downstairs to the kitchen, and the cook wasn't there. Tried on several occassions. I want to trigger the scene with Greta, but can't. Please help me with this part! Also, where can I locate the Rose in the Dining Room. In the WT, it says to use the Bag of Blood on the Rose, but where is the Rose in the DR?

Thanks for the help!

Linda think
Posted By: Jenny

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/09/05 01:31 AM

Linda, did you enter the Castle by the Nauturium? If so, you should meet an angry Greta Snyder. The rose should be on a tray in the dining room, but if you haven't had the scene with Greta, it may not show up.

I seem to remember something about others having trouble with this part--I'll check and see what got them past it.

Okay, I knew it was there somewhere--check out this old thread ...

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/09/05 01:12 PM

Thanks Jenny! I will try the different suggestions and try and see if Darryl will get a scolding by Greta. I will be back, if he doesn't!

Linda

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/10/05 11:32 PM

The save worked! Darrel got a scolding from Greta and the cook woke up! Now Darrel is going to the Dining Room and use the blood on the rose. Found the rose on a tray on the table in the DR. Hopefully, the blood will work on the rose?

Thanks!

Linda happydance

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/11/05 01:14 AM

Thanks MaG! Am having problems with the saves. I click on the save and the time of the save appears, but there is no picture-just a black box with the time that I made the save! Am writing the number and time down to remember what the save was about. Also, am experiencing difficulty with the scale puzzle. I place the coin in left pan, Incense on right pan, but am having problems with the envelopes. When the puzzle is finished, in the inventory, I have 2 doses of Incense and a coin, but no envelopes! Could you explain what I did wrong?

Thanks!

Linda cry

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/11/05 01:27 AM

Place the gold coin on the left pan.
Then place the incense on the right pan - click an envelope on the incense. You will now have an envelope with one dose of incense.
Click incense again on the right pan and again click the same envelope (envelope with one dose of incense). This will now turn to an envelope with 2 doses of incense.

Again add incense on the right pan but this time click a plain envelope on it - again you will now have an envelope with one dose of incense.
One more time - click incense on the right pan and and again click the same envelope (envelope with one dose of incense). This will now turn to an envelope with 2 doses of incense.

In the end of the puzzle, you should have 2 envelopes with 2 doses of incense each.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/11/05 01:12 PM

Hi LindaH, I played Watchmaker many moons ago. I enjoyed it too! Have fun with it and take your time so you don't miss some key clues or you cannot progress! Good Luck! luck

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/12/05 01:10 AM

HiMaG and Kaki's Sister,
A fun game and very interesting! I am playing as Victoria and have retrieved the activated crystal from Darell, leaving the necklace and sphere in the clock. Now I have to go up into the tower, but how do I get to the tower, from the chapel. I was at the alter and did the puzzle with the two statues. What is the best way to get to the tower from where Victoria is?

Thanks!

Linda eek

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/12/05 01:57 AM

Linda,

As Victoria, you must be at the Orologia (activated crystal puzzle) at the Old Wing. Then go down to the first level, out the door to the swimming pool, up to the 4th floor to one of your rooms, out to the balcony and then to the clock tower.

As Darrel, you must have done the 2 angels at the crypt of the chapel.

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/12/05 09:26 PM

MaG,

I have done it the other way around, Victoria at the crypt, and Darell doing the activated crystal puzzle. Would that work also? I would like to know, so if it wouldn't, then I can go back to a save and switch characters. In reading the WT, looks like either character would do, but want to be sure.

Thanks,

Linda

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/12/05 09:31 PM

I really am not sure now since I played this a while back. I remember changing back and forth between the characters and now - old age is showing. frown

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/12/05 09:43 PM

That's okay! I will try it as Victoria in the crypt and see how it goes! I can always go back to a save if it doesn't work out that way!

Thanks again for the help!

Linda

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/16/05 12:30 AM

Hi Jenny & MaG,
Either Darell or Victoria can go into the crypt. But Darell will go down and Victoria will go back out side and be on the look out for Darell, while he is in the chamber!

I am stuck! I got through and stopped the machines, and also stopped the intruder! Now I went back into the chamber and looked at Corona's body. Now I am trying to walk into the Pendulum Chamber and he won't walk into that room. He just stops and I click, and he won't go into that room. I believe that I have that room, which is just down to the left of the body! I also don't have the metal star, which the WT says to have. I went back to the machine room to get it, but Darell just states that he will leave it there! Any suggestions what I can do? I never walked into the chamber, nor got knocked out by Krenn.

Thanks!

Linda rotfl
Posted By: Chief

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/16/05 01:03 AM

Linda, do you have the Metal star from the Watchmaker Study?

A wild guess.

Chief wave

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/16/05 05:27 PM

Hi Chief,

I had the metal star from the study, and I used it to put in the top of the cabinet to do that puzzle-setting the clocks. I tried to go back and take it from that place, but he wouldn't do it! Now, I am puzzled as to where to go? Where is the Pendulem Room, and I never got knocked out by Krenn!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Linda think
Posted By: Chief

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/16/05 05:44 PM

Linda, could you have a look here and hoping it will help you.

Chief wave

Oups, miss that one : go and see TallyHo WT and then in his WT the section Machinery.

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/16/05 06:13 PM

Linda,

Just to recap what you've done or what should have happened:
You placed the metal star on the machine at the clockwork room and did the puzzle.
It resulted in stopping the gears.
You then walk to the now exposed hallway and see a dead body.
What should happen after you look close at the body and try to move further the hallway is be seen by a baddie. He will try to shoot you.
You then go back to the machine and try to start the gears again.

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/16/05 11:31 PM

Yes, MaG, I did all that! I then went back and looked at the body after I went back to the machine and started the gears and stopped the killer. I tried to go down the hall , making a left turn past the body and into the room, but I can't get Darrel into that room, and I haven't been knocked out by Krenn. What did I forget to do? I also tried to go back to the machine and take the metal star out, but Darrel wouldn' take it out! Am stopped and can't proceed any further!

Any suggestions?

Thanks, cry

Linda

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/16/05 11:32 PM

Where is the Pendulum Chamber?

Re: The Watch Maker - 06/16/05 11:43 PM

Hi!

I finally found the Pendulum Chamber and what I hadn't done was to press the space bar and Darrel walked into the chamber and got knocked out by Krenn. Now it turns back to Victoria and she is going to help Darrel by going down into the room.

Is this correct?

Thanks and sorry to have bothered you about the above! Thanks for the help!

Linda happydance
© 2024 GameBoomers Community