GB HOMEPAGE

The Uncertainty Machine....a little past Betty Lou's :)

Posted By: Jen in Chgo

The Uncertainty Machine....a little past Betty Lou's :) - 05/20/03 07:07 PM

I'm playing too but didn't want BL to see where I'm at & get spoiled. whistle

I'm trying to trigger day 2. The game informed me that I'm ready to call it a day but not until I get into the Admin Conference Room at the Newspaper, top floor. I am at the conference room door but don't know where to find the code for the door.

laugh Love, Jen laugh
Posted By: Jenny

Re: The Uncertainty Machine....a little past Betty Lou's :) - 05/20/03 07:20 PM

Are you at the access panel, Jen? Look at the buttons--two of them are smudged, one more than the other. So that is your clue, and here is the outright spoiler, if you want it: SPOILER
the right code is: 7 7 3 7
Posted By: ratracer

Re: The Uncertainty Machine....a little past Betty Lou's :) - 05/21/03 12:52 PM

Jenny,
the keys only get smudged on day 2 (at least, it's supposed to be like so...)...

(If you input the right code, the door will open - even in day 1 - but the game may behave "abnormally" from then on since I didn't tested that situation)

Anyway: you can't KNOW the code... you have to find a way to discover which keys are pressed
(this puzzle was a toned-down version of a puzzle from Runaway - it's the only puzzle that has a direct "inspiration" (meaning ripp-off) from another game...)...

Only in day 2 you will discover the smudeged keys...

Re: The Uncertainty Machine....a little past Betty Lou's :) - 05/21/03 01:35 PM

lol Ratracer you are too funny! And not to worry, I didn't read Jenny's "spoiler" part & the smudge hint was just enough to prompt me to get the buttons to BE smudgy, triggering day 2! smile
Thanks, Jenny, that was a good hint!

laugh Love, Jen laugh

Re: The Uncertainty Machine....a little past Betty Lou's :) - 05/21/03 04:02 PM

Stuck again!

I've met Jacob the scientist & now am on a quest to find out what some note about Robinson Crusoe means that the dead scientist left. I've wandered to all locations & talked to everyone I could (Phil & Colin are the only 2 who mention it) but I have no leads. Nudge please! smile

laugh Love, Jen laugh
Posted By: Jenny

Re: The Uncertainty Machine....a little past Betty Lou's :) - 05/21/03 04:07 PM

Maybe you could read about it, Jen....
Posted By: LenG

Re: The Uncertainty Machine....a little past Betty Lou's :) - 05/21/03 04:15 PM

Hi,
It's 3

Re: The Uncertainty Machine....a little past Betty Lou's :) - 05/21/03 08:52 PM

Ok, I've looked (pixel hunted & clicked) on EVERY book in the Newspaper building AND the lab. Where is it or did I not trigger something?

laugh Love, Jen laugh
Posted By: LenG

Re: The Uncertainty Machine....a little past Betty Lou's :) - 05/21/03 09:38 PM

Hope I don't mislead here ... I'm not certain I remember correctly ..............

Isn't there a book (or maybe books) in the lab by someone called Nuno Grande. I think he's a Portuguese writer or philosopher ... Eduardo (Ratracer) is Portuguese.

Then I think (but not certain) you return to the Newspaper & either discuss or look ... discuss I THINK!
Posted By: ratracer

Re: The Uncertainty Machine....a little past Betty Lou's :) - 05/22/03 09:34 AM

Jen, LEnG is right - Nuno Grande's books are the trigger (I don't rememberwell if it's enough to look at them or if you have to interact with them... better do right and left click mouse...)

BTW, so that you don't start running and try to find Nuno Grande's books... I got his name wrong - fortunately, I don't think the right Nuno will play the game to see the difference!!!
The Nuno that wrote or said the stuff that has the significance in the game is called Nuno Judice, and is a poet - just to get the records straight...

Re: The Uncertainty Machine....a little past Betty Lou's :) - 05/22/03 01:12 PM

I know exactly where those are in the lab. lol I've clicked on them already many times. I get the "I don't have time to read now" response, just like with all the "books" that aren't textbooks. Perhaps I didn't click both right AND left. Or I was clicking an object on it. Anyway, at least I know WHICH book. Thanks! wave

laugh Love, Jen laugh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community