GB HOMEPAGE

Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn

Posted By: Mary

Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn - 03/21/06 11:26 PM

I've just finished putting the slate for Noloben into the Keep, clicked on it and locked it into place; that makes 3 I've done. I transported back to the 4 "bubbles", but none of the pedestals have a slate! When I link to Laki'ahn, there is no slate on the pedestal. I've roamed around and see the windmill I'm supposed to get going, but I need to draw on my non-existent slate to get the wind to blow.
What have I missed here? think
Posted By: dadguy

Re: Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn - 03/22/06 03:20 PM

Mary,

The slate is around somehwere! That is the way the game (software) is written, so keep looking. On one of the pedestals the slate is a different color, so maybe it's there, but it doesn't look like it's there.

Have fun,

Dadguy
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn - 03/22/06 05:05 PM

Did you pick it up in the in-between place that I can't remember the name of in the first place?

WW
Posted By: Mary

Re: Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn - 03/22/06 05:37 PM

Well, I found it! It was underwater! Instead of linking to the main pedestal, I used the link that looks like two triangles, back to back. I ended up in the water in the canal, I think. I found the slate, which still had the symbols on it for "rain". I had to erase that, put in the symbol that I saw on the pedestal when I originally arrived in Laki'ahn, and placed it down. The Bahro took it away, but I was still stuck in the canal with no way out. I blundered around in the water until I found the "hand" to link back to the main pedestal in Laki'ahn.
Is this the way it was supposed to work?
Posted By: dadguy

Re: Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn - 03/22/06 08:30 PM

Mary,

One of the puzzles in Laki'ahn is to activate the windmill and then use its controls to:

1. Raise the pedestal to ground level

2. Rotate the cage the pedestal is in so you have new access to a new exit

3. Open a large triangular door that gives access to a new area (the arena!).

So, yes... that pedestal starts underwater and the slate can get put there under certain circumstances.

Good luck, and have fun!

Dadguy
Posted By: Papa Terry

Re: Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn - 03/31/06 09:36 AM

Dadguy, I have a question for you. You stated that in line #3 you have to open a large triangular door that gives you access to a new area the arena. I am in the center arena but how do I open the large triangular door???
© 2024 GameBoomers Community