GB HOMEPAGE

Myst 4 slider puzzle

Posted By: hapy2bme

Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/16/06 01:33 PM

I hope I just need a little help here. The pause and timing part has me confused. Do I wait 60 seconds for the quartz crystal to set or move right on after each one vibrates to complete the whole puzzle in 60 seconds?
Posted By: Chief

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/16/06 01:56 PM

Hapy, you have very good info in this Quest made by the members.

Good luck.

Chief wave

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/16/06 04:54 PM

Persistence, along with rereading the hints, paid off. happydance

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/19/06 12:31 AM

I'm not sure how to add to a thread. Do I use this message under quick reply under my original post or use the topic button that's right under this?
I'm in Sirina (?) now and didn't go to Haven yet but seems like the walk through's have that first. Will it make a difference as I play?
And thanks Chief for the FAQ link.
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/19/06 01:16 AM

Hapy2bme,
I usually use the quick reply box. Just below it you can click "Full Reply Form" if you want to do some special editing or add smilies without typing in the code.

To answer your question about Serenia and Haven, you can do the ages in any order, but things you learn in one may be helpful to complete another. Since you're there, do as much as you can in Serenia, then go to Haven.

By the way, congratulations on finishing the chair puzzle in Spire on your own! thumbsup
Posted By: dadguy

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/19/06 03:16 AM

Hapy,

LadyK is right on it. You'll get to a point where you can't progress in Serenia and will have to finish Haven before finishing the game in Serenia.

You did just fine in adding this post to the existing topic... keep doing what you are doing!

It's a great game. Keep in touch on your progress!

Dadguy

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/20/06 11:58 AM

Thank you both for the information and support.

It is a fun game. I have't been in Serenia very long, may try to go back and find Haven first. I know there's a linking book someplace.
It can't be worse than a parking ramp, I seem to miss the exits and go around those a few times before I get it right too.
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/20/06 06:32 PM

Hapy, have you solved the puzzle inside the fireplace in one of the bedrooms... think

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/20/06 11:00 PM

If you mean the one that has the puzzles with the red lit squares, yes.

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/26/06 11:57 PM

I'm in Haven and having a problem getting past the mangee puzzle. I want to try it with the walk through but can't figure out how to start it over from the beginning.
If I leave the tower and come back will that let me start fresh?
I'd appreciate any advice at all.
Posted By: Bonnie

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/27/06 12:08 AM

I've discovered I don't neccesarily have to reset- as long as I wait a few seconds btween tries- and be patient- this one takes a few tries before you get it-
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/27/06 12:16 AM

Hapy, you can get some good information about the mangees here ... luck

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 04/27/06 12:46 AM

I don't believe the puzzle resets. But, if you understand what tone moves which mangree, you can still get the puzzle solved. Get that white mangree in the far LEFT hutch, then play with moving the others till the camoudile gets stuck and then zap him with the three-tone berrie toss signal.

Good luck!

Dadguy

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 05/02/06 01:58 AM

I need help again please. I can't seem to be able to get a bubble to the water spirit. I got close once but it was too late.
I read a walk through but was wondering if I have to scare it from each location until it's at the one I'm most comfortable with? What I mean is that there is one bubble location that I've memorized how to get to a possible spirit location. I've taken a bubble there several more times but there is no spirit there again. I'm getting dizzy. woozy

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 05/02/06 02:13 AM

Hapy,

There is no preferred location for the Spirit guide. All work well.

This one can be frustrating because the bubble bursts just before you are about to achieve the goal!

I like to reload and try again at the same location if it bursts. It takes too long to find out where the new location is when he moves (which happens when you get close to him but fail to deliver the bubble).

One key piece of advice; when you get to the Spirit with the bubble, the "camera" turns toward the Spirit. At that moment click the bubble repeatedly on the center of the Spirit until you see the sparkles appear as the bubble floats to the Spirit. It takes several clicks for him to accept it.

Let us know how you do and if you just can't get it, I'll be glad to receive your save file, solve it and return it.

Regards,

Dadguy
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 05/02/06 03:18 AM

Each place will work, as Dadguy explained, but I preferred the pool nearest to the linking book myself. I just saved my game when I saw the guide there and then reloaded until I succeeded.

Re: Myst 4 slider puzzle - 05/06/06 08:53 PM

I just finished the game. I really enjoyed it and want to thank you for the help.
Lady K, the pool you used ended up working best for me too. I had to reload a few times as well.
And I was almost ready to call it quits in the dream puzzle, but finally found my way through that too.
Great game.

happydance happydance
© 2024 GameBoomers Community