GB HOMEPAGE

The Awakened Great game

Posted By: Beerhead

The Awakened Great game - 06/30/07 10:50 PM

Just finished Awakened and was so pleased with
the graphics that I couldn't follow the story.
This game was flawless and worth the money,but
I'll have to play it again(maybe twice) to
appreciate the entire game.The New Orleans chase
was fun.More games like this!!
Posted By: texaslady

Re: The Awakened Great game - 06/30/07 10:54 PM

I thought it was a grand game too Beerhead!

Sue
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: The Awakened Great game - 06/30/07 10:58 PM

I totally disliked it.
Too much panning....

Sea Sickness...Did not enjoy it at all.
Posted By: TLC

Re: The Awakened Great game - 06/30/07 11:03 PM

I agree Beerhead. I loved it and can't wait for another one! wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/01/07 05:19 AM

Hi smile

Add me to the "Liked It" camp !!

bravo bravo bravo

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/01/07 07:32 AM

I liked this game to but I must agree certain things were a little difficult to detect but I guess this is what this sort of game is about .I trouble loading at first and was going get rid then some one on this forum said try again and strangly enough no probs ran like I wish they all would
Posted By: Renee

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/01/07 12:54 PM

I loved it, too - (unlike Darleen! shamegrin ) But I had trouble with the lighthouse - it was so dark I had to really hunt for that upstairs room. That was the only frustrating part for me.
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/01/07 01:00 PM

I think it should win best adventure game for 2007.
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/01/07 01:24 PM

One of the few games that really got me enthralled. wink
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/01/07 05:46 PM

Definitely one of the best games of the year. I thought the New Orleans section was particularly intriguing and well done, and agree that the graphics were superb throughout.
Posted By: willie

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/01/07 11:08 PM

'HI Miss TEXAS', If Sherlock,is 'AWAKENED,? AND can Find 'homosassa, FLORIDA'' ? HE,S Wanted ''Willie Day''
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/02/07 12:54 AM

Willie --- you are just too cute!

This was a super gaming experience for me. Like MaG --- it was one of the ones I took my time with and really enjoyed.

inferno
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/02/07 04:38 PM

And hear, hear for the chase scene!! I remember when I lost sight of the guy I was chasing I was thinking uh, oh, I'm going to have to start all over from the beginning--but I didn't have to. Now THAT'S the kind of "action scene" that is thoughtfully designed in an adventure game. thumbsup
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/02/07 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
And hear, hear for the chase scene!! I remember when I lost sight of the guy I was chasing I was thinking uh, oh, I'm going to have to start all over from the beginning--but I didn't have to. Now THAT'S the kind of "action scene" that is thoughtfully designed in an adventure game. thumbsup

Yes, I remember thinking how considerate it was of him to wait for me to quit floundering around and catch up. lol

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/02/07 04:45 PM

Remember what the chase is for - he was really leading the 2 heroes to a .....
Posted By: rainbow15games

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/02/07 05:01 PM

I really loved this game too. I have played it twice so far. I got a little lost in the swamp though, both times. It was pretty dark on my screen but I just kept looking and clicking and finally made it in and out.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/02/07 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Darleen2003
I totally disliked it.
Too much panning....

Sea Sickness...Did not enjoy it at all.

I can sympathize. It's hard to enjoy a game when playing it makes you feel like you're going to throw up.
Posted By: Jhart320

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/02/07 09:48 PM

Sorry to say I couldn't play this game it still sits on my shelf after two tries. The panning the 3D made me seasick....I loved the last game.

Joy

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/03/07 12:33 AM

'Hi,and so sorry,but you alone, are not alone,at Times I Have had,a touch of Virtigo. 'When this occurs,I shut down , take a 'pill, a 'break' then resume. butif you are undecided as to 'What' the future of '221 Baker ST, may be ? I will gladly suffer again just to Stagger, Dizzily once again to play. 'WILLIE DAY'

P.S.'Awakened' .'Joy' We cruise from time to time, and SO i take ''''Seasickenss pills''' WILLIE' just 'Awoke'
Posted By: Canis lupus

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/03/07 09:07 PM

I have to say that the graphics are exceptional, and the voices match their character entirely, but...
I'm not one to complain, but one thing I could have done without was the intense gore factor. The blood and *ahem*, other, things in this game was a lot more than I would be comfortable with, but then that's my own fault for playing a mature-rated game. Don't get me wrong, I believe the plot is worthy of Arthur Conan Doyle himself, and like everyone else, I got a kick out of the chase and the atmosphere of 19th century New Orleans. smile
Posted By: martinc

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/07/07 02:50 PM

Installed it today and had to give up too after ten minutes (seasick). Horrible controls (you have to use both hands - wasd keys and mouse, though it can be played with the mouse too, but that made the dizziness worse).
And I disliked too that you have "to position yourself" to find out if something can be operated. Moving around till an action icon pops up. Pity, for I had hoped to play an enjoyable game. I know the vertigo problem was discussed with quite some other games as well in this forum. I wonder how many gamers can't play these kind of games.
Posted By: Smougman

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/07/07 03:19 PM

As someone who has played first person view games before, The Awakened was hardly an adjustment for me. However, I can see how it would make people queasy.
I thoroughly enjoyed the game, the addition of Cthulhu Mythos elements was really what got my attention. I always enjoy horror/mystery adventure games a bit more than other genres. I have to agree that New Orleans was probably the most interesting and enjoyable. My problem is that I don't pace out my play, so I ended up completing the game rather quickly.

Some advice for people who find some areas too dark: Check your "gamma" settings under the options menu. I found that if I turned it up a tad that I was able to see far better.
Posted By: gaily

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/07/07 05:09 PM

I liked it too, although I did have a problem with a certain board in the wearhouse district. One of the better ones, in my opinion.
Posted By: JKEerie

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/07/07 09:29 PM

I just finished this game as well. I thought the plot was confusing...but then I had spaced my game sessions too far apart, so I lost track!

I also had problems with the motion sickness. I mean could there have been anymore winding staircases in that game?????

And Watson...how did he always arrive at places before Holmes???? I'd be racing to get somewhere...and Watson had already arrived. And usually he got in the way. But must admit, he was pretty good...and helpful...with that elephant gun!
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/07/07 09:56 PM

Hi JK -- what did you think was confusing about the plot?

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/07/07 10:03 PM

Hi Becky!

I think what confused me was all of the pieces of the storyline...it started with kidnappings, then your in an insane asylum, then there were ship wrecks, and finally cults, etc. I think because it was weeks between my opportunities to play the game, everything got too compartmentalized for me...so I really got lost in how everthing fit together.

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/07/07 10:46 PM

I agree, it was a complicated plot. And it would be harder to follow in pieces. Why, oh why does real life have to break up our gameplaying? grin

If you liked the game well enough to play it again, I suspect that the plot would fit together neatly on the second playthrough.

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/07/07 11:30 PM

I see that you played the game twice in your review. I think playing the game a second time through would be helpful....although I suspect my "copious free time" will neither get more copious nor more free. Retirement is years away...and I'm not lucky enough to win any lotteries any time soon. Plus...I have this ridiculous sense of "duty" and "responsibility." Oh well...I guess it's my job that affords me the ability to buy all of these wonderful games!

That I will probably have to wait until retirement to largely enjoy.

Did you ever see that Twilight Zone with Burgess Meredith where he never had time enough to read? Cataclysm occurs and he's left with all the books and time in the world! And he accidentally breaks his sole pair of glasses.

I hope I have better luck!

By the way, I enjoyed your review and it painted a very accurate picture of the gaming experience with this game. Thank you for writing it!

Re: The Awakened Great game - 07/08/07 10:44 AM

Thanks for the compliment!

I didn't see that particular Twilight Zone episode. lol Be careful what you wish for, eh?

Re: The Awakened Great game - 11/05/07 07:50 PM

'HI'Does anyone out there,,know if the 'latest, newer,or newest' U.S. release version of 'SHERLOCK HOLMES AWAKENED'has ? removed or eliminated 'Spinning around 'Vertigo effect you get when playing, in this Newer Version, ? ]dizzy n spinning
'WILLIE DAY'

Re: The Awakened Great game - 11/05/07 08:15 PM

Willie,

As far as I know, it's the same way as the European version. So might still get the 'spinning' movements.

Please post at Glitches. They might give you tips on how to lessen the spin.

BTW, I toned down the volume of your post.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: The Awakened Great game - 11/05/07 09:01 PM

Boy !!! I really wish I could have played this game..

But unfortunately, I got sea-sick frown
I do hope the developers change the panning interface..
:/
© 2024 GameBoomers Community