GB HOMEPAGE

Mac Games, Adventure?

Posted By: NMgameguy

Mac Games, Adventure? - 07/10/07 08:56 PM

I was just wondering if they make games for the Mac, I have an iMac running Mac OS 9.2. Or if they have any adventure maker programs for the system? I've been looking around the net, nothing from Adventure Company, or Dreamcatcher. Was just wondering.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Mac Games, Adventure? - 07/10/07 08:58 PM

I started playing adventure games using the old apple II and have progressed from there til start of 90's to PC. There are a lot of games for Mac.

Here's a list - click here. Check the right side bar.

Here's a more comprehensive list of mixed genre of games - click here.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Mac Games, Adventure? - 07/10/07 10:04 PM

Actually TAC does (or did) have a few Mac games.
They just don't support them anymore.
The following games had Mac versions published by Dreamcatcher/TAC:
Traitors Gate
Beyond Atlantis
Safecracker
Riddle of the Sphinx
Riddle of the Sphinx II: The Omega Stone
Dracula Resurrection
Dracula Last Sanctuary
The Messenger
Timescape

you can find the list ***here***

Besides those, Dreamcatcher published Jewels of the Oracle and Jewels 2, which were hybrid discs and would work on both Mac OS9 and Win 95/98. They actually play better on OS9 than they do on XP because you don't have to fool with an older version of QuickTime on the Mac.

Alida (published by Got Games in the US) has a Mac OSX version, but I think the OS9 version is only available from the developer.
http://alidagame.com/buyAlida.html

Got Games also published RHEM, RHEM 2, and Bad Mojo for Mac.

And of course there are older games for Mac OS9.
Some, like The Castle, Nightfall, Derrat Sorcerum, and Pegasus Prime are exclusive to the Mac.

LadyK is our resident Mac gamer. Maybe she will have some more info for you.
Posted By: Kickaha

Re: Mac Games, Adventure? - 07/11/07 12:46 PM

If you're only interested in OS9 then because OSX has been out for a few years there's not likely to be much being produced now for OS9.

(There's been a little released recently for OSX - like the reissued "Bad Mojo". The Intel Macs are likely to see more games coming from PCs with the aid of the systems like Cider.)

There's not much for OS9 or OSX comparable with Adventure Maker or Wintermute or AGS or the like for actually making games.
Posted By: NMgameguy

Re: Mac Games, Adventure? - 07/11/07 05:40 PM

Hmmmm, too bad I'm not a computer programer, would love to see a game making program. I guess I'll use Dreamweaver4, HTML editor. Thanks!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community