GB HOMEPAGE

Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"???

Posted By: Benedict

Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/14/07 01:45 PM

I am afraid to play the game after I read gatorlaw's review of Lights Out. He said that some people have experienced some weird incidents after playing the Dark Fall games. He himself did experience something odd - the TV turned on by itself. I have played horror games before, but I do not want to invite any supernatural beings into my house! Has anyone else experienced any odd things after playing? I keep thinking about the "Ring" horror movie in which there is a cursed video tape.
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/14/07 02:29 PM

I guess my apartment is not "spirit friendly" Benedict. duh

No problems here. wink

I really enjoyed the games. thumbsup

wave joe
Posted By: Carla

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/14/07 03:31 PM

Same here Benedict smile
Played both games with no "uninvited guests" around thumbsup
Posted By: Mary

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/14/07 03:38 PM

No, nothing special for me, either. Just enjoyed the games!
Posted By: Carrie

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/14/07 04:34 PM

My DVD player pops on from time to time & for no apparent reason ... as if I'd accidentally pressed a button on the remote, and the word "HELLO" appears --as it's supposed to do. But the remote's on a shelf nowhere near me. If it was something supernatural, I'd think it could certainly use that area to make some other words, or a sentence to communicate. But it does not.

Maybe I didn't read gatorlaw's review... or overlooked the ref to players' weird experiences(???). Bought the DVD player in August 2005, but this didn't start happening until about a year or so later, so it's hard to say whether there's a connection. I think it's just some electrical glitch (there are so many wires back there). But it's fun to pretend, because this occurence is so irregular... and odd.

In the meantime, I continue to play spooky adventure games, watch TAPS-Ghosthunters & Sylvia Browne on TV, read Stephen King, relish Halloween ... and wonder about what might be, because it's all so much fun.

Posted By: Butcher

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/14/07 04:52 PM

Other than the occasional ghost or blair witch nothing else here.

J/K, i haven't seen any strange events taking place after playing both Dark Falls.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/14/07 07:49 PM

Nothing here...

Sometimes your mind can play weird games on spooky game players scared

I hope your not assuming the game is Possessed? lol
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/14/07 11:34 PM

I have a cd player that does that .Turns its self on .I call him Charlie and just tell him to pack it in .The poker on the hearth falls for no apparent reason some times .Guess there is some things in life that are mysteries .I think in most cases .Just over active imaginations lol.I guess if you believe you will see .If you dont then I guess you won t

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/14/07 11:46 PM

Wow..I was just thinking about something...

Wouldn't it be neat if a game was possessed....I think it would really help sales....

Just a thought think
Posted By: oldman

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/15/07 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Darleen2003
Wow..I was just thinking about something...

Wouldn't it be neat if a game was possessed....I think it would really help sales....

Just a thought think

The movie Pulse kind of deals with that type scenario except it is a web site rather than a PC game. However, a PC game possessed might be a good idea for a horror movie.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/15/07 03:10 AM

oldman, They did have a movie about a possssed video game. It was called Stay Alive. I saw it a year ago, it didn't last too long in the theatres. Stay Alive

Ana wave
Posted By: joanieS

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/15/07 12:32 PM

Well, I sure did! Remember posting about it while playing Lights Out. The room numbers on some of the doors would disappear from time to time. Thought it was a problem with the game. Thanks for reminding me about this game, think I'll dig it out again and see if it is still happening. Only game that ever made the hairs on my neck and arms stand up!!!! Can't wait for our new Jonathan Creation arriving this year.

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/15/07 01:32 PM

Thanks people, it is assuring to read your replies. JoanieS, you said "numbers on some of the doors would disappear from time to time". What numbers?

Yes I did watch Stay Alive. It would be extremely unpleasant if there really is a cursed computer game. I really don't want to be done in by some nasty spirit. I can't imagine who in my family is going to inherit my game and dvd collection, not to mention the cursed game!
Posted By: Geo

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/15/07 03:54 PM

When I played it, a dark vortex appeared in my living room floor.Swirling and making a a low humming sound it fed on anything that was unfortunate enough to get too close.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/15/07 04:32 PM

lol You guys!
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/15/07 04:43 PM

Hi Benedict

wave

As the author of that review, I can assure you that of any beasties and ghosties that may have hung out as I played through "DarkFall 2" knowing Jonathan as long as I have and his deliciously haunted surrounds, well they could only have been the most beneficent of spirits. laugh

I really thought it was fanciful fun to make the "DarkFall 2" connection, though (sadly) a more ordinary explanation (crossed wires, errant house movements and even just a vivid imagination) are likely to blame for my and other players/reviewers odd experiences.

Still - it does speak to the shivery expertise which JB weaves his stories that everyone was delighted there might be spooky visitors lurking over our shoulders as we played on. Who knows... maybe a BAAGers ghostie group is lingering just beyond the real world evil

Oh and I am a she, not a he wink
Posted By: Mad

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/15/07 06:23 PM

Hi smile

If I was to experience ANY of these experiences I would put it down to the "glass of something" that I had to hand - and think maybe I ought to switch to coffe !! crazy

Although I think Geo's swirling vortex definitely sounds like fun rotfl

Cheers.

Mad wave PS : Great to see you, Gatorlaw bravo
Posted By: UpToo Late

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/15/07 06:51 PM

LOL, Geo! lol

Benedict, I really wouldn't worry about it. If you have any ghosties in your home, they're there whether or not you play the game. And if you don't, they won't come suddenly swooping in just because you play the game.

smile
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/15/07 07:28 PM

I have ghosties in my flat & things happen intermittently - nothing to do with what I'm playing! smile
Posted By: oldman

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/15/07 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
oldman, They did have a movie about a possssed video game. It was called Stay Alive. I saw it a year ago, it didn't last too long in the theatres. Stay Alive

Ana wave

Hmmm, I'll have to watch that. I missed it when it came out.

I think my previous Alienware computer was possessed by something. I never spent so much time on the phone with tech support in my life only to never get it resolved. After 3 motherboards and 4 memory cards I finally gave up just after the guarantee expired and had one built by my local Data Doctors (which now works great I might add).
Posted By: bouv mama

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/16/07 12:10 AM

Here I am away from home and a little scary now anyway. Darkfall is one of the games I brought with me. I will have to check out Gatorlaw's review.
Marion
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/16/07 12:39 AM

WoOt Mad!

Miss you hearts

Posted By: Celtic Lark

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/16/07 01:07 AM

ROFL to Geo's vortex. I didn't get one of those when I played the game. *pout*

I can't say I had anything odd happen while playing the games. I jumped a bit at bumps in the night for a few days after playing them, but I think that has to do more with my overactive imagination than anything supernatural. The only thing supernatural in my apartment are the brownies who like to move my stuff around when I'm not home. *CL looks perplexed* "I swear I left my keys right here..."
Posted By: Mystery Lover

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/16/07 01:33 AM

I haven't played Darkfall, but I have played Barrow Hill. No supernatural stuff, but sometimes I get a scare when I hear my downstairs neighbor banging around!

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/16/07 04:37 AM

Thanks, to gatorlaw and all who replied. I really shouldn't have worried so much. I've played games which would be considered more horrifying and disturbing than Dark Fall, such as Silent Hill 3. IMHO The Ring and Stay Alive are arguably good films, as long as they don't unnerve us so much that we get too afraid to be on our own.
Posted By: joanieS

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/16/07 12:03 PM

It was the hotel room doors. At first I thought it was part of the game. I need to go dig up that post. And, the strongest thing I drink is root beer.

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/16/07 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: joanieS
It was the hotel room doors. At first I thought it was part of the game. I need to go dig up that post. And, the strongest thing I drink is root beer.

rotflYou are too funny ...Hun
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/17/07 12:21 AM

I'm with you MaG! --- Although I must say -- I've had plenty of paranormal experiences (being a closet ghost hunter here in Dallas and a writer of ghost stories :D) Most of the game I play are the horror/mystery genre --- and I love them.

I probably would just ask them for a hint if you are stuck think

inferno
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Had real supernatural encounters after playing "Dark Fall"??? - 07/17/07 03:57 AM

Well if the game makes us see things and feel things which aren't really there, then the developers have done a heck of a job to achieve that! Thumbs up to them then! smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community