GB HOMEPAGE

just finished Syberia...

Posted By: Preston C.

just finished Syberia... - 07/18/07 06:53 AM

I just finished Syberia. I feel that it was a truly great game. It was so serious. I did things kind of backwards, you see I played Syberia 2 first and then Syberia. It has been a long time since I played Syberia 2 and about a year and a half since I started Syberia. I just finished Syberia now because I ran into a bug about a year and half ago and had to stop playing. I reinstalled Syberia on Vista and the bug was gone!

Anyway, great game. The only problem I have is that in Syberia 2 at the end
Click to reveal..
it doesn't show what happened to Kate. Was she left on left on the island to meet her destiny? Sokal and team should release something that shows what happened to her.

Great games, I enjoyed them both thoroughly, just thought I would let y'all know. smile
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: just finished Syberia... - 07/18/07 08:35 AM

welcome Welcome to GameBoomers Preston C. It's nice to meet you. I loved Syberia 1 and 2. I think Syberia 2 ended the way it did to possibly leave the opportunity to create a Syberia 3. wave
Posted By: Tomer

Re: just finished Syberia... - 07/18/07 08:53 AM

Am I the only one satisfied with Syberia's ending? I think it is wonderful that they've left us to wonder what will happen with her. A little imagination smile...
Anyhow, after getting to watch Kate evolve and change throughout the series, I guess she'll never be quite the same again.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: just finished Syberia... - 07/18/07 09:23 AM

I agree Tomer. I did like the ending of Syberia 2 but I do hope some day there will be a continuation of the Game. Syberia 1 and 2 are the best games!
Posted By: Butcher

Re: just finished Syberia... - 07/18/07 02:16 PM

I have to agree that it does leave to the gamer the freedom to imagine the ending and also it leaves all prospects open for a possible 3rd part of the series. They are in the list of my favourite games and i would definitely suggest them to anyone seeking adventure games. It's how adventure games should be made, in my humble opinion.
Posted By: bouv mama

Re: just finished Syberia... - 07/18/07 02:37 PM

welcome,Preston C. I hope you will enjoy this site as much as I have. I played Syberia I and I loved it. I have Syberia II and am saving it for a special occasion-like a good bottle of Champagne
Marion
Posted By: Rushes

Re: just finished Syberia... - 07/18/07 04:19 PM

Cracking games, both of them. I replayed both very recently and enjoyed them just as much the second time around. grin
Posted By: Preston C.

Re: just finished Syberia... - 07/18/07 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Kaki's Sister
welcome Welcome to GameBoomers Preston C. It's nice to meet you. I loved Syberia 1 and 2. I think Syberia 2 ended the way it did to possibly leave the opportunity to create a Syberia 3. wave

Thanks, if there isn't a Syberia 3 I hope that Microids will release something that shows what happens to Kate. Maybe a small movie. thanks

Originally Posted By: bouv mama
welcome,Preston C. I hope you will enjoy this site as much as I have. I played Syberia I and I loved it. I have Syberia II and am saving it for a special occasion-like a good bottle of Champagne
Marion

Thanks, I definitely think this is a great site and I do hope to enjoy for the years to come. I drink wine when I play, most of the time, if it is at night, smile .
Posted By: BillyBob

Re: just finished Syberia... - 07/18/07 07:43 PM

One should keep their drinking down to only two instances........when they're alone or with somebody! laugh
Posted By: orchgamer

Re: just finished Syberia... - 07/18/07 11:42 PM

I don't mean to be the spoil sport of this thread, but I feel like I am the only one who finds Syberia, and all of Sokal's games completely disappointing. There was no resolution for the main character and no conclusion, only a quick show of graphics and resolving only a minor character's conflict. What made Syberia great for me besides the graphics, was enjoying Kate's story, and there was no resolution of this. Amerzone was the same way for me. I didn't even desire to try Paradise, because I can get great graphics and a better story elsewhere.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community