GB HOMEPAGE

The Darkfall games: How Scary?

Posted By: Mystery Lover

The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/25/07 03:47 AM

I wanted to ask my fellow Boomers' advice on whether I should buy either Darkfall or Lights Out(Darkfall 2). I like games that are somewhat spooky but not too scary, and I don't really like when things or people jump out at me. I do like exploring and gathering clues, as well as the glimpses of things in mirrors and such. Which game do you think would be better for me?
Posted By: nickie

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/25/07 05:24 AM

I would get the first one, Dark Fall. That said, I think it is one of the scariest games I've ever played, because it lets your mind conjure up the fear rather than making it a blatant jump out in your face and scare you. And I'm not making any sense at all, am I? lol
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/25/07 05:55 AM

I liked the first Dark Fall better so I'd say to start with that one.
Posted By: Celtic Lark

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/25/07 06:12 AM

Makes total sense, Nickie. Most of the scariness is created by sound effects and the anticipation of what *might* happen. Sometimes it happens and sometimes you're just psyching yourself out. I agree that they are scariest games I've played in my short career as a gamer.

Mystery Lover - You can play the games in any order. I played "Lights Out" first only because I didn't know there was a previous game. If you're asking for personal preference, I liked "The Journal" slightly better. But you can't go wrong with either. smile
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/25/07 09:08 AM

I think the first Dark Fall was better MysteryLover.
Posted By: Mystic Falls

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/25/07 09:46 AM

I loved both Dark Fall games (The Journal and Lights Out) Jonathan Boakes (?) has a talent and I look forward to his next game.

I don't get "creepy" feelings in games perhaps because I don't believe in the supernatural? Any game that has spiders in it I go berserk though and can't cope with!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/25/07 12:11 PM

Another vote here for the first one. It was quite a treat and just the right amount of spookiness.

Ana wave
Posted By: Dineke

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/25/07 01:23 PM

Both games have the "ingredients" of what you like Mystery Lover.
I played Darkfall first because it was the one i bought first.
And after that,i just had to have 'Lights out' too
yep, Jonathan Boakes has talent thumbsup Every game with his name involved is mine lol
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/25/07 03:29 PM

Darkfall the Joural is about one of the freakiest games I've ever played and one of the best! Go for it.

WW
Posted By: Mystery Lover

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/25/07 04:38 PM

Thanks for the votes you guys! I spent a while last night checking out all the screenshots I could from both games and reading the reviews, but I wanted to ask you guys about it.
Posted By: nickie

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/25/07 04:47 PM

Exactly Celtic, except you said it better! lol

Whatever you decide Mystery Lover, hope you have great fun and tell us what you thought after you play!
Posted By: ces

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/25/07 07:39 PM

Definitely the first DarkFall!!

I started the second one and then stopped playing it when I quickly lost interest. I found it quite different from the first one.
Posted By: deelberger

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/26/07 03:51 PM

I've played both of these games and quite frankly, I was scared to death playing both equally. I do consider both to be "must play" games in this genre. Another recommendation if it's spooks you're after is Barrow Hill. It was truly scary, which was created by music, sound effects and the overall look of the game. While it was dark out, you could still see everything (for the most part). Nothing I hate worse than a game that's so dark you can't see what you need to in order to progress through the game! I'd start with 1 and upon completion, go for 2!

Posted By: kraken

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/26/07 04:19 PM

Never played the first one, because I lost interest in the 2nd one and never finished it.
Posted By: bouv mama

Re: The Darkfall games: How Scary? - 07/26/07 04:54 PM

I have just started the first one. So far, I would call it environmentally spooky. We can both get scared together.
Marion
© 2024 GameBoomers Community