GB HOMEPAGE

The "Lost" Video Game

Posted By: Becky

The "Lost" Video Game - 07/26/07 04:51 PM

Well, members here have speculated that "Lost" would make a great adventure game. Now Ubisoft will be making the popular television series into a game, and it looks as though The Lost Video Game will definitely have adventure elements, but also a bit of action thrown in.

Quote:
Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, in collaboration with ABC Entertainment and ABC Studios, announced the Lost video game will be shipping first quarter of 2008 for the Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC CD-ROM. Based on the award-winning television series, the Lost video game will allow players to experience an untold adventure of "Lost" in an immersive, interactive world. The Lost video game is being developed by Ubisoft's Montreal studio.

"The sense of adventure and suspense that we strive for in the show is also captured in the Lost video game," said Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, executive producers of the 'Lost' television series. "Ubisoft has done a fantastic job and come up with a game that is visually amazing and imaginative both on its own and as an extension of the world of the show."

About the Game

Quote:
As a passenger of Oceanic flight 815, you survived the crash and find yourself on an uncharted island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. As you begin to unravel mysteries of the island, you begin to discover secrets of your own. You will have to understand your past mistakes in order to survive and find your way home.

. Play as a survivor of Oceanic Flight 815: Confront your dark past, seek your redemption, and ultimately find a way home.

. Authentic 'Lost' experience: Explore familiar locations, unravel mysteries, and interact with the main characters from the show.

. Survive the challenges that the island throws at you: Solve puzzles, outsmart enemies, battle the smoke monster, and overcome many other challenges to survive the island and come out alive.

Posted By: cailyn

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/26/07 05:00 PM

Thanks Becky smile sounds very interesting just hope the action isn't to hard wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/26/07 05:37 PM

I wonder what the ratio of adventure to action will be? And also if it will appeal to folks like me who haven't ever seen the series??
Posted By: CBSection31

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/26/07 05:56 PM

I've read that the game is going to be using the Far Cry game engine, which is a first person shooter engine. That doesn't mean that it's going to contain a lot of shooting and action, of course, but it does mean that the controls will be those of an action game and not an adventure game.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/26/07 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: CBSection31
I've read that the game is going to be using the Far Cry game engine, which is a first person shooter engine. That doesn't mean that it's going to contain a lot of shooting and action, of course, but it does mean that the controls will be those of an action game and not an adventure game.

I don't know if I will like it duh
Posted By: Mystery Lover

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/27/07 04:14 AM

I can't believe they're making a LOST game! Sounds really interesting, I also heard they're making a Heroes game!
Posted By: alkis21

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/27/07 12:32 PM

I'm a big fan of the series, I haven't missed an episode. However, I doubt a good computer game can be produced at this stage, considering that we're still a long way from seeing the end of the story or at least getting some definite answers on what is going on. It sounds more of a way of milking the title for what it's worth to me.

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/27/07 01:02 PM

frown Okay, to cheer myself up, I decided to name the fantastic games that are a result of move or TV show tie-ins.

Ummm.....
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/27/07 01:27 PM

rotfl I see the smoke start to billow out of your ears Becky. It's hard to come up with some isn't it?

Ana wave

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/27/07 01:34 PM

They MUST be out there! The SpongeBob Movie (game) was very good, if you enjoy Spongie or if you play it with a child.

Can you tell I'm getting desperate?

Sam & Max had a TV show at one point, but I would really consider that to be a game based on a comic book/graphic novel, rather than the TV show, which came later and was also based on the comic book/graphic novel.

EDIT:

Okay, how about the CSI and Law & Order games? They're pretty entertaining.

Posted By: Butcher

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/27/07 06:16 PM

What about CSI? Law and order?

Edit- just saw the last reply oops
Posted By: alkis21

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/27/07 08:01 PM

Well, I could only think of:

The Indiana Jones games
X-Files
Posted By: Chief

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/27/07 08:01 PM

Found this Trailer

Chief wave
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/27/07 10:01 PM

Don't give up Becky, there's heaps more. smile
Some of the Star Trek games were quite good, there was an excellent Addams Family adventure for the Nintendo Gameboy, what about Blade Runner?

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/27/07 10:16 PM

There ARE good games based on TV shows and movies. I had forgotten! I remember having a great time with Indie and with some of the Star Trek games.

Hope is restored. thanks

And thanks for the trailer, Chief!
Posted By: BillyBob

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/27/07 11:11 PM

And would you use the word "Memorable" to describe them? laugh
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/27/07 11:37 PM

wow great becky haven't missed a show yet now its time for a game

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/28/07 02:25 AM

Becky, don't forget all those Star Wars games which came out as well.

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/28/07 06:26 AM

Quote:
And would you use the word "Memorable" to describe them?
Yes, though it has been several years since I played them, so they don't spring readily to mind.

Butcher -- I've watched my sons play some of the Star Wars games, but they seemed to be mostly action adventures.

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/28/07 06:06 PM

Ah, i thought you meant games generally based on TV/movies, didn't think about adventures only.

Re: The "Lost" Video Game - 07/28/07 07:21 PM

I wasn't very clear, was I? Interesting that large franchises like Indie and Star Trek used to be translated into adventure games. They haven't recently, though, have they. frown
© 2024 GameBoomers Community