GB HOMEPAGE

Just replayed Sanitarium...

Posted By: ron.etti

Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/22/07 01:47 PM

This game is got to be one of the top ten of all time.
Every time i play it i can't get over how well it was made.
It has a great story,the graphics are very good for a ten year
old game,and the puzzles aren't to hard.
It is better then a lot of new games.
Just had to say,that if you have not played it yet,get a copy.
Thanks for your time....Ron
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/22/07 01:51 PM

One of these days I'll get it to run on my computer. I could never get it to stop crashing on my old one but I haven't tried on my newest PC. I have heard so many great things about it, thanks for the reminder. Glad you enjoyed it.

Ana wave

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/22/07 02:42 PM

My old one blowed up in the c.d. player.
I bought the newer one that plays on Xp.It works great...

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/22/07 02:59 PM

Ah yes....I've heard the horror stories of the old exploding Cd. Scary isn't it? I do have the newer release, it just didn't like my computer. lol

Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/22/07 03:08 PM

Hi smile

Fortunately my "old" CD didn't blow up so I enjoy replaying this game - on my old computer grin

And I certainly agree that it's one of the good ones yes

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: bouv mama

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/22/07 03:16 PM

Was it not fun to play over again? The first time I played I could not get through the last puzzle for the life of me-diagrams hints walkthroughs-Duh. Then I played it again at a time when I had more patience. I loved it. Especially since I kept my 98 computer and had no problems. If a CD blew up I would shriek. What does that do to your computer?
Marion

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/22/07 03:40 PM

Marion....the exploding CD destroyed the CD Drives. It was something to do with the thinness of the old CD in a faster drive and it would heat up and explode. I may have the facts a bit twisted but I know the results were the same. lol

Ana wave
Posted By: Jess519

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/22/07 07:53 PM

It's cool to hear rave reviews of this game because I was thinking of buying it. smile

But man, I never heard about this exploding CD thing. blush Was planning on buying an older used game. And I have a pretty fast CD-rom drive so do I need to worry about buying an old one that will explode? lol

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/22/07 10:46 PM

Yes Jess,
It will blow on a real fast cd rom.
Mine blew,but i carefully took the side off my computer
and removed the cd unit and vacuumed it out to get the very small
pieces out.It still worked for awhile.
Get the new one an you will have no problem..
Posted By: StarLite Moon

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/23/07 11:00 PM

Hi Ron, Sanitarium, excellent game. I thought that they would make a sequel to that one. Have you ever played I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, that was a good game too. bravo

Exploding cds, I never heard of this before but that would make sense given the speed of the new cd drives now. I guess you would need to keep a fire extinguisher handy when playing. crazy
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/24/07 08:59 AM

Is Sanitarium one of those games that you have to go online to play part of it? Is it still in stores?
Posted By: Becky

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/24/07 09:09 AM

Hi Gerry --

You don't have to play the game online. I bought the jewel case version from CompUSA a couple of years ago, but it is now hard to find the game in stores.

You can purchase it through Amazon.com resellers. I would recommend the jewel case version, as that appears to be the later version of the game that doesn't come to pieces in the CD Rom drive. There are places to buy it here.
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 08/24/07 04:38 PM

Ahhh , Sanitarium! My all time FAVE! It's so deliciously creepy, isn't it? It's the only game in all these years that I have kept and not traded away!
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 09/02/07 03:32 PM

Hi Boomers...

I could never play this game till I got my new computer.

Well I must say I am glad I never traded this game away.
This is a Great game in a sick sort of way lol
What a story....<Mother> is the goriest,creepy,icky person I have encountered in a game so far. thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup For a 1997 game you Boomers have to play it if you haven't.Watch out for the pumpkin patch eek
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 09/02/07 04:05 PM

I got this game some time ago through E-bay? I am now a little worried about it burning my DVD drive! It is in a jewel case inside a box - I have already installed it & had a dabble but is on hold to a later date! The minimum system requirements are Win 95/98/ME/XP - is my DVD drive safe!?! crazy

Just had a second look - no jewel case & 3 CDS - is that about right???

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 09/02/07 04:39 PM

Chrissie, if you have the version that says XP on the box you are fine. THe older version did not.

Ana wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 09/07/07 09:19 PM

Ok I have to ask...Who is the writers & publishers of this game.?

Did they ever make anymore games?

This game is so much fun..What a story line..Amazing puzzles.
In genius game !!!

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 09/07/07 09:26 PM

Here ya go!

Click on the Publisher to their background.

Ana wave
Posted By: deleterman

Re: Just replayed Sanitarium... - 09/20/07 05:00 AM

hi i just loaded this game on my computer its just like the one that crissie has and it didn't blow up but i have to have disc#1 in to play.just don't have time now to play yet but can't wait to get to it.playing dark fall II lights out, half way done...so then on to sanitarium!!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community