GB HOMEPAGE

Nancy Drew and the Deadly Secret of Olde Worlde Park

Posted By: Whimsical

Nancy Drew and the Deadly Secret of Olde Worlde Park - 09/25/07 04:15 PM

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

I spent $30 on this yesterday. Now, despite the fact that the DS appears to be perfectly capable of supporting decent PC adventure games, I wasn't expecting anything up to the level of the Nancy Drew series on the PC.

I was expecting a pleasant 8-10 hour diversion with logical puzzles and a few irritating errand type games (cooking in Icicle Creek, I'ma lookin at you). And, you know, an actual mystery.

What I got was spoon fed pap (seriously, the game just takes you straight from one location to the next- you don't even get to choose), no mystery, and instead of actual touch screen puzzles (like say in Trace Memory) I got irritating little minigames instead. And even worse, I got about 3 hours of game play before I'd finished it all.

I know it was designed as a kiddie game, but really, even for a kiddie game, 3 hours of gameplay is entirely unacceptable.

Do not spend your money on this game. I'm all for Nancy Drew on the DS, but not like this. This was just insulting to my intelligence.

I'm very disappointed.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Nancy Drew and the Deadly Secret of Olde Worlde Park - 09/25/07 05:10 PM

Ouch! frown

No mystery???
Posted By: thracia

Re: Nancy Drew and the Deadly Secret of Olde Worlde Park - 09/25/07 09:07 PM

I also bought this game, since I like the DS. First of all, it's not made by HER Interactive, it's made by a company called Majesco, so it doesn't play the way we are used to.I don't hate the game .It is very simple so far and the mini games are a little repetative. But so far I don't regret buying it. But be warned, it is not like the pc games. I'm not dissapointed yet because I did not know what to expect.

thracia
Posted By: lucinda

Nancy Drew DS - 09/26/07 03:22 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just finished the Nancy Drew DS game in about 2 hours. It is very easy. It shows you were the clues are, who to talk to, and were to go. I think it is geared more to younger children. It's way overpriced at 29.99.
Posted By: lucinda

Re: Nancy Drew and the Deadly Secret of Olde Worlde Park - 09/26/07 03:24 AM

Sorry but I just started another topic about this since I didn't see this post. I was very diappointed also. It was very short and very easy.

Posted By: JennyP

Re: Nancy Drew DS - 09/26/07 08:12 AM

Shame, I was waiting for the UK release ...
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Nancy Drew DS - 09/26/07 08:30 AM

very dissappointing
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Nancy Drew and the Deadly Secret of Olde Worlde Park - 09/26/07 06:36 PM

Very Informative info..

Thanks
Posted By: ramona

Re: Nancy Drew and the Deadly Secret of Olde Worlde Park - 09/26/07 10:29 PM

Thanks for the heads up and it is good to know it is not by Her Interactive. I love my DS but you hate to waste money on bad games for it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community