GB HOMEPAGE

Anyone remember The Dig? Behind-the-scene story...

Posted By: DaveHT

Anyone remember The Dig? Behind-the-scene story... - 10/01/07 01:54 AM

This is a somewhat unusual article posted on Adventure Classic Gaming about the making of The Dig.

For those of us who may not know about this game, The Dig was an adventure game published in 1995 by LucasArts and was among the few LucasArts game titles that had an extremely turbulent development history. The game was 'literally' remade 4 times with 4 project directors...

http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/index.php/site/features/265/

It is an interesting read, especially for fans of LucasArts and fans interested in tidbits of gaming history in this genre.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Anyone remember The Dig? Behind-the-scene story... - 10/01/07 02:39 AM

Hi smile

Thanks for that link !!
I enjoyed reading about what was going on in the background during development grin
[I've played The Dig more than once and enjoyed all plays of it happydance]

As for the curse ??

Well, for me it re-manifested itself in the puzzle that involved re-building that darn set of "turtle" bones eek

lol lol

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: DaveHT

Re: Anyone remember The Dig? Behind-the-scene story... - 10/01/07 02:48 AM

mad,

well... judging from the article, it could have been dinosaur instead of turtle bones! wink
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Anyone remember The Dig? Behind-the-scene story... - 10/01/07 02:58 AM

Thanks, DavidT,
This was a very interesting article and yes, I do remember The Dig. In the sidebar there was a small screenshot of some bones and that really took me back as I can remember that puzzle very well indeed. I couldn't get it to work with point and click, as it turned out (I accidentally discovered) that I needed to point, click and *drag* the bones into place to make them line up correctly. All in all, this is one of those games that I really enjoyed playing and why don't they make more games like it. Nevermind that curse thing!
Yes, it was that turtle puzzle and I see I'm not the only one who remembers it.
Posted By: RayBres

Re: Anyone remember The Dig? Behind-the-scene story... - 10/01/07 04:36 AM

It's the type of game that I'd like to see re-issued (The Dig Redux?) with the graphics updated. I'd pay full price again.
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Anyone remember The Dig? Behind-the-scene story... - 10/01/07 07:26 AM

I enjoyed playing that one to
Posted By: joanieS

Re: Anyone remember The Dig? Behind-the-scene story... - 10/01/07 12:21 PM

Ah, yes, the turtle bones! My favorite part was the undersea tram. What a great idea to update and release it again. I'd buy it in a heatbeat!!!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community