GB HOMEPAGE

Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale.

Posted By: JohnBoy

Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/07/07 07:15 PM

Almost every title that The Adventure Company has released is available at Big Lots For $6 ea.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/07/07 07:17 PM

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks JB!

Ana wave

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/07/07 07:21 PM

It is awesome. It made me sick knowing I had every title and paid 20-40 dollars for each. eek
Posted By: Becky

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/07/07 07:26 PM

I noticed an infusion of some Adventure Company games there about 3 weeks ago. Plus one of the older Nancy Drew games, Psychonauts, and Indigo Prophecy (all at the $6 price point Johnboy mentions).

I'll have to check it out again now to see what else has arrived.

Thanks JB!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/07/07 09:53 PM

Hmmmm.....I need to check and see if we have a Big Lots think
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/08/07 01:11 PM

Guess I will be stopping at Big Lots on the way home...I just happen to pass right by two of them!
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/09/07 09:06 PM

I just came from our local Big Lots, they didn't have advenure games. They never do.

Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/09/07 11:30 PM

Too bad-- did you look all over- ours is tucked in the back--
- they had--
Broken Sword- Sleeping Dragon, Still Life, Paradise,Psychonauts
Shadow of Destiny, The Shield, Sin, Law and Order, Nancy Drew-Secrets of Shadow Ranch, Atlantis Evolution- and that's just what I remember. bravo

Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/10/07 10:36 AM

Golly that's fantastic. I'm not sure there are Big Lot Stores around here.

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/10/07 12:20 PM

Gerry, there is a store locator Here.

Ana wave
Posted By: flutist

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/10/07 01:40 PM

Thanks Ana.

Bets

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/10/07 02:00 PM

I am heading there now. There was a shooter there I had never heard of called Alien Disco Safari. It looked like fun and from what I could find on the game it appears it will be fun. lol

Will report on the game after I play it for a while.

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/10/07 02:15 PM

JB, you can download a free trial of that game here first if you just want to be sure. Let me know what you think (on the DArkSide).

Ana wave
Posted By: Adorable

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/10/07 06:12 PM

I made a quick run to our Big Lots which is close and found all of the following for the $6 (boo-hoo) price: 80 Days, Missing, Psychonauts, Holmes Mystery of the Mummy, Scratches, Return to Mysterious Island, Still Life, Paradise, Echo, Atlantis Evolution, Longest Journey and Shadow of Destiny. What a haul for someone who doesn't already have these games!

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/10/07 10:11 PM

I looked all over. They didn't have of these.

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/11/07 07:54 PM

Guybrush -- you found the game section but no adventure games there? Or you didn't find the game section in your store (in my local Big Lots, the games are near the DVD movie section).

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/11/07 09:32 PM

I found the game section but it only a couple of educational games for children. There weren't many DVDs either. Only one Big Lots in town and I've never found any adventure games there. My local Best Buy doesn't have reduced price adventure games I haven't already played either. Same with Target and Walmart.

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/11/07 09:39 PM

I'm sorry to hear that Guybrush! frown I wonder why there's such a difference between stores in terms of the merchandise.

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/11/07 11:01 PM

There are 6 Big Lots in my area. All carry a great selection of PC games except the Clearview store. They never have anything. Go figure!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/12/07 10:10 AM

Thanks Ana. There are two stores that are not far away. I will check them out this weekend!
Posted By: allthingsx1

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/17/07 10:05 PM

I'm semi new to all of this and found a few of these games at my local Big Lots but I was wondering what the majority thought about whether they were worth buying and playing. The ones I found were Atlantis: Evolution, Paradise, Still Life and Shadow fo Destiny ( it's only 4 bucks !).
Are any of these good ?? would love to know what you all think.
thanks smile
Posted By: Heidi

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/17/07 10:20 PM

Hi allthingsx1,
I played all of them except Shadow of Destiny and consider them very good games, especially Paradise and Still Life.

Heidi
Posted By: oldmariner

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/17/07 10:24 PM

It seems most people rate Still Life as a top ten game. Paradise is one people either love or hate but both of those are well worth four bucks. As for Atlantis, I did not like it and Shadow I never played. I understand shadow has timed puzzles that turn off a lot of adventure game players. In any case, Shadow and Atlantis are likely well worth that price. Any one of those games would have cost much more than the price you found. In fact buying all four for less than the price of any one of them is well worth the risk.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/17/07 10:27 PM

Atlantis: Evolution - See ***my review***

Paradise - buggy, shifting hotspots, hard-to-find screen exits, depressing story, detailed graphics but murky coloration, patch is said to improve gameplay, but makes the game completely unplayable for some (as in it won't start anymore)

Still Life - excellent game, but uses StarForce, an invasive anticopy software that some people would rather avoid. I played the game on an XBox and thought it was great, so if you don't mind the StarForce....

Shadow of Destiny - Interesting concept. I played it on PS2. Your character must die over and over again for you to learn how to avoid the deaths and progress in the game. If you don't mind a game that isn't strictly what most people think of as an adventure game, it's a good choice.
Posted By: allthingsx1

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/18/07 12:25 AM

Thanks for the help. I think I will buy them, like you said for the price it's worth the risk. I've paid alot more for games and not liked them so I guess this can't hurt.

I'm not exactly familiar with StarForce so that has me a tiny bit wigged. Does it do something permanent to the computer?

Also, I noticed some of you played the games on systems like XBox or PS2, are the games exactly the same as PC? and is it easier do you think to play them on one of those systems?

Thanks again!

Re: Big Lots Does It Again, Only This Time On A Much Larger Scale. - 10/18/07 02:03 AM

Hi allthingsx1 and welcome to GameBoomers! welcomeAs far as I know, most of the adventure games that were ported to the various consoles were basically the same game as the PC version. Ease of use varies for each game. If you are used to the console controls, you will probably find it somewhat easier to play the games on a console rather than using the PC keyboard controls.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community