GB HOMEPAGE

Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion?

Posted By: tinagoss

Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/07/07 07:40 PM

I just finished Undercover Operation Wintersun. Though I really liked the era and premise, I thought it fell short with some of the puzzles and inventory. I stopped playing for a few days to play the new ND and now on to CSI. Just wanted to know what other people felt about this one.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/07/07 07:50 PM

tina, I was very dissapointed in the first half and then I felt it got better. It fell short on my expectations also. I was very annoyed with being told "no,no,no" all the time too when I tried something out. He made me say bad things to my monitor. rotfl

Ana wave
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/07/07 09:04 PM

Ana, you're almost as bad as I am. I really didn't care for the game.I don't like to get that disgusted with a game.

Re: Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/07/07 09:17 PM

I prefer games that crack jokes when you try and do something stupid or "creative" as I prefer to think of it as. The trend of reprimanding you for clicking on something is a real turnoff for me.

Ana wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/07/07 09:44 PM

I loved this game alot....

There was alot to do...Only one thing got me was the ending..
Where the instructions were read over & over if you died..
There was no way to by pass this...

But overall..I did enjoy it..
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/07/07 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
He made me say bad things to my monitor. rotfl

Ana wave

Ana, is your monitor blushing? wink

Re: Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/07/07 10:00 PM

lol My monitor has heard things while I play games that would make Hugh Hefner blush. whistle

Ana wave
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/07/07 10:14 PM

I'm trying very hard to get myself to go back to this game and sorry, I don't think these comments are going to motivate me to get going. I'm fairly early in the game

Click to reveal..
at the stealth puzzle to the special archives room

but already it is starting to bore me. I thought it was just me and that for some reason I just didn't take to the character and therefore didn't much care what happened next. I haven't given up yet, so I may still get back to it.
Posted By: tinagoss

Re: Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/07/07 10:43 PM

Mindy, that's an awesome description of it . . . . I was bored. Nothing really held my interest. The plot was out of the bag from the get-go, so there was no real "what's going to happen next" feeling. It would have been better if the main character was someone like Gabriel Knight and cracked jokes every once in a while.
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/07/07 11:33 PM

I totally agree with you, tinagoss, that the game needs someone like Gabe to give it some jazz. Not necessarily New Orleans style but something to make him "come alive" and fun to play.
I just remembered something else that gets me about that main character: He stands right in front of the hot spot and it isn't easy to move him away so one is clicking the hot spot through his backside where I get the strong urge to kick him out of the way! Sheesh, I would have thought the alpha testers would have caught that long before the game went to the beta testers, where it would have been too late, I would guess.
Posted By: Bristol

Re: Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/08/07 03:25 AM

Ouch! I've got this one on the way to me right now, hope I haven't made a mistake. It seemed like it was going to be wonderful from the home page.

Re: Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/08/07 03:29 AM

Bristol, it has lovely graphics, an interesting story etc.. It just wasn't one I would rave about, but there are plenty of folks who do. You really won't know till you play it yourself. You may find it's your favorite game yet.

Ana wave
Posted By: Sally(MG)

Re: Undercover Operation Wintersun - What's Your Opinion? - 10/08/07 05:52 AM

I don't have the best eyesight in the world and I kept missing really really small items. IMHO there was too much pixel hunting. Ex.
Click to reveal..
finding all those gears, getting that tiny key, and finding a hatchet sitting in front of the shop
- I didn't manage to "find" them until I was stuck for ages then checked a walkthrough.

It doesn't help that it has alt-tab protection either so I can't check something on the net and go right back into it. :/
© 2024 GameBoomers Community