GB HOMEPAGE

What was your favorite Nancy Drew game?

Posted By: JKEerie

What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/19/07 02:49 PM

I know folks have asked about lists of top 10 games, etc...but the Nancy Drew games have quite a following. So which of them is your favorite and why? think

I've enjoyed a number of them...including this last one, Crystal Skull, but I think I will always hold a fondness for "Message in a Haunted Mansion" because it was the very first Nancy Drew game I played...and it was just sleuthing...plain and simple. thumbsup

How about the rest of the Boomer clan?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/19/07 03:34 PM

Probably my favorite is Ghost Dogs, because I liked finding the speakeasy in the basement and uncovering the history of it.
I also liked Blackmoor Manor because I liked exploring the mansion and finding the secret passages.
And I liked Secret of the Old Clock because it took place in the past, around the time Nancy Drew books first came out. It could have been done better. I don't think they put as much effort into it as they have with some of the other games. But I had fun with it and I enjoyed the amusing references to children's literature.
Posted By: Jess519

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/19/07 04:13 PM

My favorite's definitely Curse of Blackmoor Manor. Loved the puzzles. Thought it had fairly challenging puzzles, but they could still be reasoned out with the clues given, and they fit in well with the story.

Liked the story and atmosphere too. Probably the only Nancy Drew game I found genuinely spooky, even made me jump once or twice.

I also like Creature of Kapu Cave a lot (though I feel like I'm one of the only people who does). It has more replayability value then any other ND game, plus I'm crazy about doing the shell necklaces. For some reason I can seriously spend forever just wandering around looking for the shells to make necklaces. lol Can't explain it.

smile

-----
Posted By: jldcat

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/19/07 04:27 PM

I'm at work so don't remember the exact name of my favorite game. It's the one with the parrot that you have to feed crackers too in order to get information. The one where the woman stays behind the curtain supposedly cause she could be turning into a werewolf.
Posted By: Becky

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/19/07 07:24 PM

Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon.
Posted By: Mad

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/19/07 08:44 PM

Hi smile

If I could only have ONE I would opt for Ghost Dogs grin

[But high on my list also would be Treasure in the Royal Tower and Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon whistle]

Cheers.

Mad yay
Posted By: TLC

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/19/07 08:56 PM

I'm with you, JKEerie. smile Message in a Haunted Mansion, it was my first one too and loved it. wave
Posted By: nickie

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/19/07 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: jldcat
I'm at work so don't remember the exact name of my favorite game. It's the one with the parrot that you have to feed crackers too in order to get information. The one where the woman stays behind the curtain supposedly cause she could be turning into a werewolf.

That's Blackmoor. My favorite too. The puzzles, the atmosphere, the story - I thought it was put together really well.
Posted By: MousePower

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/19/07 10:29 PM

I liked Shadow Ranch the best, and my second favorite is Blackmoor Manor.

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/19/07 10:36 PM

Great minds think alike, TLC!!! grin That game still sticks with me!

Posted By: Darleen03

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/19/07 11:26 PM

My best was Ghost dogs of moon lake..

I thought it was a scary game...I loved the interface & the music..It wasn't boring & There was no chores !!! lol
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/20/07 12:05 AM

You don't think digging under rocks to find fish bait in the woods in the middle of the night is a chore? devilchili
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/20/07 12:17 AM

Your too funny...
Jenny100...

When I think of chores..I think of kitchen chores & cooking lol
I wet the lawn in the summer....and look for nite crawlers all the time for hubbys fishing.. thumbsup
Posted By: Sally(MG)

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/20/07 12:20 AM

My favorite is Message in a Haunted Mansion. It was chore free as far as I remember, the characters were engaging and the puzzles were good too. Second would be the one with the old theater that was going to be teared down, but the name of it escapes me at the moment.

I couldn't get through Ghost Dogs - doing mazes is my MAJOR weak spot.
Posted By: Renee

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/20/07 12:43 AM

My fave ND game is Curse of Blackmoor Manor - I just love the mansion and all the puzzles! This was such a great game for me - I haven't found any other ND game that comes close.

Hmmm...I think I'll load it up and start playing it again!! happydance
Posted By: irishgirl1228

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/20/07 02:13 AM

Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon was my first ND game. It got me hooked so I will always love that game. I also enjoyed Secret of the Scarlet Hand and Ghost Dogs was fantastic as well! wink
Posted By: aretha

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/20/07 08:17 AM

I'm very fond of Deception Island, Ghost Dogs and Royal Tower but if I had to narrow it down to one then it would be Shadow Ranch. Great atmosphere, exceptional voice acting and my all time favourite culprit!
Posted By: Cat in the Hat

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/22/07 01:22 AM

My vote is for Royal Tower, followed by Deception Island. What number Nancy Drew are we up to? I have been out of the loop, and am trying to catch up.
Posted By: exalthim2

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/22/07 01:46 AM

I loved BlackMoor Manor, no running around for other people, just pure puzzles and adventure
Posted By: Mystery Lover

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/22/07 01:46 AM

This is tough, because I love all the games, but I'd have to say my favorite was Secret of the Scarlett Hand! You had to do "chores" but they tied into having an internship, I loved talking to all the characters and I learned quite a bit about Mayan history!
Posted By: catsmom

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/22/07 01:52 AM

I liked Ghost Dogs and Deception Island the Best. Cystal Skull comes in 3rd and White Wolf comes in 4th
Posted By: Becky

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/22/07 01:45 PM

Cat in the Hat -- the most recent Nancy Drew -- Legend of the Crystal Skull -- is number 17.
Posted By: Celtic Lark

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/22/07 06:44 PM

Treasure in a Royal Tower is my favorite. It was my first ND game and I also loved the history of Marie Antoinette. My next favorites would be Blackmoor Manor and Haunted Mansion. I think those three had the best atmospheres. I'm in the middle of Crystal Skull and very much enjoy the way it is going. Now that I think of those particular games, I think I most enjoy the ones with old creaky houses that have a rich history.
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/22/07 07:35 PM

Liked Ghost Dogs and Royal Tower the best myself! I can't stand the more recent ones with all the redundant chores ( Kapu Cave, Danger By Design, White Wolf, ) I keep getting them and playing anyway , but they bore me silly!
Posted By: Cat in the Hat

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/23/07 03:33 AM

Thanks, Becky. I "baaged" it today. I have to agree with 'fras. The redundancy of the recent games is disappointing [the one with the car traveling around trying to avoid potholes comes to mind]. I liked the demo on "Skull"; it looks like the puzzles are newer. Hope I won't be bored.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/23/07 10:00 AM

I loved the Scarlet Hand because it had more sleuthing and puzzles. I don't like inventory puzzles.
Posted By: HeavenlyJoy

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/24/07 08:46 PM

I really liked Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon and Shadow Ranch, both of these seem to flow with the puzzles and the story,

I am currently playing my least favorite,

the White wolf at Icicle Creek, I really dont like to watch the
time to go to work, I wish the jobs were more puzzle like..
I also dont like arcade type stuff, so Have been avoiding the
snow ball fightWondering if I can even win it, I am on a laptop now, need to add another mouse, so I can try and do the snow
ball fight, maybe there is some saved ones of this??
wondering how much of the game I am missing by avoiding it??

Anyway, I have bought all ND games, love them for the most part

Marcia

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/24/07 09:26 PM

HJ...

As I recall, the snow ball fights weren't all that difficult. (nothing like killing the wasps in Crystal Skull.mad) The kid was kind of annoying, though. smile
Posted By: Dineke

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/24/07 09:32 PM

The secret of the scarlet hand.
To me it was one of the longest games in the Nancy Drew series so far and i liked the music, if i remember it well, that started always when you entered the museum. wave
Posted By: Leeana

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/25/07 09:57 PM

I have to say, Thats a Tough Question and so is the Answer"! But Mine has to be Mystery #17 the latest Nancy Drew's, Legend of the Crystal Skull its started frightening had a great selection of Games and well I loved it to me I love lightening and thunder especially when you can go out and not get wet lol smile tomato
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/30/07 01:26 AM

My favorite N.D. games so far (I haven't played very much of Crystal Skull so can't say about that) have been:
Curse of Blackmoor Manor, Royal Tower, Secret of the Old Clock and Message in a Haunted Mansion due to the settings. I loved roaming around the old mansions and I loved the history. Followed closely by Secret of the Scarlet Hand.

I must admit that the later games having me do all the chores hasn't been my cup of tea. I have played all except White Wolf which just turned me off with all the chores - if I wanted to clean it would be my house first rotfl But I do reserve the right to play the game later.

Linda

Posted By: Sassafras

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/30/07 12:11 PM

I have to amend - even though I hated the last 4 NDs, ( and didnt even finish them I was so bored) I keep buying them cause I have a bad case of BAAGS. Got Crystal Skull last Friday and I am almost done. I have to add it to my list of faves!
Posted By: Jhart320

Re: What was your favorite Nancy Drew game? - 10/30/07 12:53 PM

I really liked Curse of Blackmoor Manor, Crystal Skull and third favorite Royal tower. I didn't care for White wolf at all. I look forward to each game that they make. I prefer the point and click and I don't like the games that pan. I love Sherlock Holmes but the last game had too much panning for my head...LOL

Joy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community