GB HOMEPAGE

what should I play? Need recommendations

Posted By: wysewomon

what should I play? Need recommendations - 10/27/07 02:31 PM

you may have noticed I haven't been around much. I haven't played an adventure game in nearly six months--since the sacred rings. it's not that I don;t want to, it's just that nothing seems to appeal to me. I started Nancy Drew and the WHite Wolf but it didn't catch me for some reasona nd I have Runaway 2 sitting on my shelf but no desire to play it.

So what should I play? I want a good spooky game like Barrow Hill or Dark fall, or a great game like TLJ or RIven with lots of complexity. Something that will reach out and grab me by the throat. Any suggestions?

WW
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 10/27/07 02:39 PM

Have you played Last Half of Darkness: Beyond the Spirits Eye? Awesome game in the category of Barrow Hill and Dark Fall.

Ana wave
Posted By: Geo

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 10/27/07 03:00 PM

Complex? Try Rhem2
Posted By: Dyl'smom

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 10/27/07 05:49 PM

I would also recommend Beyond the Spirit's Eye. The latest Nancy Drew, Legend of the Crystal Skull, is one of the best of the series, in my opinion. Goes back to the original great game play.
BTW, the new RHEM 3 is out but very expensive.

Dyl'smom

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 10/27/07 06:28 PM

I've done Rhem 2 but I have't played any of the last half of darkness games. I really want to, justy haven't got round to it yet.

Does the new Nancy Drew go back to having the second chance? I missed that in White Wolf.

grim
Posted By: thracia

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 10/27/07 10:14 PM

wysewomon'

Although they are not adventue games, lots of Boomers are getting hooked on casual games, especially the hidden object ones. Maybe you could try those until something does catch your eye.

I also recommend The Last Half of Darkness games as well

thracia
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 10/27/07 10:20 PM

Although I haven't played them yet, I would say The Dark Within in Pursuit of Loath Nolder sounds like it will be right up your alley, along with The Lost Crown. Both due out on Halloween no less.

Linda wave
Posted By: gordon24

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 10/28/07 07:26 PM

Draw the curtains. Turn off the background lighting.

Try Scratches!

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 11/01/07 07:58 PM

gordon, I've played scratches and I didn;t think it lived up to its hype.

Thracia, I've been playing a lot of casual games but lately even the hidden object games, which I used to love, are not holding my attention.

Waiting for Lost crown!!

WW

Posted By: sierramindy

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 11/04/07 04:32 PM

He's not everybody's hero, I know, but right now George Stobbart in Broken Sword 4, Secrets of the Ark, is grabbing my attention in a big way. Crates and all!
Posted By: Geo

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 11/04/07 05:38 PM

I know your first reaction is going to be "A Shooter,no way",but Bioshock may be what you are after.Actually the shooting parts in this game may be the "grab me by the throat" tension you are after.It is about 1/2 shooting and 1/2 quest.Every area has a quest which is very interesting and the graphics are over the top.This is not a "shoot everything that moves" style game.It is well designed game in that your choices during the game will determine the outcome.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 11/04/07 06:00 PM

Hi wysewoman - I haven't played these yet - but Culpa Innata & Dead Reefs have both come across in comments from other members & reviews as games you can get immersed in! smile
Posted By: old lady

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 11/04/07 07:02 PM

I know you said you want spooky but if you want a thinking game I am playing the Carol Reed games. The graphics are wonderful. the puzzles make you think but are logical. All 4 games cost $60 including shipping - my best buy of the year luck
Posted By: Rushes

Re: what should I play? Need recommendations - 11/04/07 07:41 PM

I've been a bit stuck too, recently, with new games. I've been replaying old favourites instead and waiting for the boom of new releases that are set over the next month or two. But, I really would recommend Culpa Innata to you! I began playing this a week ago - what a journey; when I wasn't playing it, I was thinking about it and wanting to get back in front of it again. The story is absorbing, and the final outcome will change depending upon your choice of dialogue throughout. The puzzles are inventive and very well integrated. It's also epic in length - I estimate between 25-30 hours. This could be the game to get you out of your rut. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community