GB HOMEPAGE

Evil Under The Sun Questions

Posted By: Adam Beals

Evil Under The Sun Questions - 11/07/07 01:43 AM

I have finished the game and loved it.
Big thumbs up to the developers.

I did notice something during gameplay and just wondered if anyone had any thoughts?

What are the
Click to reveal..
tennis ball and boat varnish
used for?

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Evil Under The Sun Questions - 11/07/07 01:49 AM

I believe they are thrown in as red herrings. I did not use mine either.

This was undoubtedly my favorite Agatha Christie. yay

Ana wave
Posted By: lsheldon

Re: Evil Under The Sun Questions - 11/07/07 01:31 PM

Click to reveal..
The tennis ball is one of three possible tools to remove the mud in Cutter's Cave, along with the spatula and the brush. The boat varnish is an alternative jar to give Gladys to test the strength of the female suspects.

Lee
Posted By: Becky

Re: Evil Under The Sun Questions - 11/07/07 01:38 PM

Hello Lee --

This was another very enjoyable Agatha Christie adventure! wave I thought the Finger of Suspicion feature was clever. Just curious -- was there a particular inspiration for that particular feature?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Evil Under The Sun Questions - 11/07/07 01:47 PM

Thank you Lee! That is interesting to know I had alternatives. I would never have figured that out.

Ana wave
Posted By: lsheldon

Re: Evil Under The Sun Questions - 11/07/07 03:34 PM

Hi Becky,

Thank you! Recognizing that our audience consists of many players not used to adventure games, and who still wanted to play an Agatha Christie game, I began by trying to give players hints to puzzles in several different ways:

1. Hints buried in the dialogue and actions of characters for those who play the game as a story. (My way!)

2. Hints in the Notebook for those who like to play the game as an adventure game.

3. A really obvious way to keep them from wandering, and er point them in the right direction...?

Once I had the finger, I then decided to make the finger's mechanism a puzzle as well, so that the players had something to solve in Poirot's office. They can still use it, of course, even if they don't know its secret.

Lee

Posted By: Dineke

Re: Evil Under The Sun Questions - 11/07/07 04:03 PM

I love the alternatives in the inventory, makes it more challenging for the more experienced adventuregame players amongst us. (though i did not find out their use either grin )

Hints in the noteboke were welcome, for i regulary forgot what have been said in dialogues grin

I very much enjoyed this game. When i had wandered around long enough without getting any further progress, it was a delight to have the opportunity to choose a way for help. wave
Posted By: Adam Beals

Re: Evil Under The Sun Questions - 11/08/07 01:22 AM

Well, that clears up another mystery.
I'll have to play around with these objects in the game.

Thanks everyone.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community