GB HOMEPAGE

Game suggestion for my Dad.

Posted By: H4XX0RZ

Game suggestion for my Dad. - 11/10/07 02:56 AM

My Dad loves adventure games, but he hates ones with really long and incredibly long and drawn out puzzles. I was wondering, since Christmas is coming up, if there would be any games you guys could suggest that would be challenging, but not too hard to where you'd have to stare at a walkthrough to finish it.
I've heard many names thrown around, but he's already played the whole Myst series, and I'm just trying to find a great game for him. Is there any game that fits all of these things:

-Challenging, but fun
-Not time consuming, able to pace yourself
-Compelling storyline
-Relatively good graphics (things that look like they were made during 2000+, basically)

You guys are awesome, and I do check the Adventure gaming forums quite a bit, but I'm more of an RPG gamer myself.

Thanks a bunch guys,

H4XX thumbsup
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Game suggestion for my Dad. - 11/10/07 02:59 AM

Both of the Syberia games.

Ana wave
Posted By: nickie

Re: Game suggestion for my Dad. - 11/10/07 06:11 AM

Still life maybe? If that's too serious, maybe Destination Treasure Island (not very challenging, but a lot of fun).
Posted By: old lady

Re: Game suggestion for my Dad. - 11/10/07 12:58 PM

Return to Mysterious Island or The Carol Reed games. luck
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Game suggestion for my Dad. - 11/10/07 03:19 PM

Hi there,

Have you checked The List for this year? And more importantly, have you introduced your dad to GameBoomers? wink

Member's favorite adventure games 2007
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Game suggestion for my Dad. - 11/10/07 04:23 PM

Secrets of Da Vinci. An excellent game, with superb graphics, a good story, and great puzzles (mostly inventory based). What more could your dad ask for? wink
Posted By: Tomer

Re: Game suggestion for my Dad. - 11/11/07 10:38 AM

Gabriel knight 2?
Most of it isn't very challenging, the story line is very compeling, and it's a clasic smile
Posted By: Tyke

Re: Game suggestion for my Dad. - 11/11/07 02:33 PM

I think he would enjoy The Moment of Silence...Sherlock Holmes The Awakened or maybe Secrets of Atlantis. Secret Files of Tunguska is also another excellent game. wave
There are also quite a few new games already out or due out before Christmas that would maybe suit him.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community