GB HOMEPAGE

How to find 1st person games

Posted By: acoolerclimate

How to find 1st person games - 11/11/07 03:12 AM

Hello,
Anyone know of a list of games that are 1st person adventure, 360 degree movement, with not much talking with characters? I buy a lot of games, then discover that they are not at least one of the above. For instance, I just got Evil under the Sun and am bored to death with all the talking! I just want to wander around, explore, pick up items, and solve puzzles. I loved the concept of Lights Out, but it drove me crazy that it didn't have 360 degree movement. And except for Siberia (which was the one exception to my rules), I just don't like walking a character around. I like to be the character. Games that I loved? Beyond Atlantis and Beyond Atlantis 2, Dracula, Scratches. When I pick up games in the store or research them online, sometimes it's hard to tell what kind they are. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!
Posted By: Barry

Re: How to find 1st person games - 11/11/07 03:18 AM

You might enjoy the Christpher Brendel games Lifestream and Shady Brook. I'm currently playing Shady Brook and am enjoying immensely. 1st person, great story and alot of exploration through the town and surrounding area

Regards,
Barry

Re: How to find 1st person games - 11/11/07 03:26 AM

Thanks for the reply. Oh yeah, Scratches was another exception since it's wasn't 360 degree movement. But it was pretty exciting.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: How to find 1st person games - 11/11/07 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: acoolerclimate
Thanks for the reply. Oh yeah, Scratches was another exception since it's wasn't 360 degree movement. But it was pretty exciting.

Scratches had the option of 360 degree movement or still screens.
Did you miss seeing that in the game options?

Originally Posted By: acoolerclimate
Games that I loved? Beyond Atlantis and Beyond Atlantis 2, Dracula, Scratches.

Myst III
Amerzone
Road to India
Return to Mysterious Island
Safecracker (2006)
Aura
Destination: Treasure Island
The Egyptian Prophecy
The Omega Stone
Zork Nemesis
Zork Grand Inquisitor

Re: How to find 1st person games - 11/11/07 04:51 AM

I did not see that Scratches had 360 degree option.You just taught me something new. I played the original version, maybe I'll have to get the directors cut. Thanks for the list.
Posted By: Becky

Re: How to find 1st person games - 11/11/07 05:09 AM

Hi acoolerlimate and welcome to GameBoomers! welcome

You might also want to consider AGON: The Mysterious Codex, Crystal Key 2 and The Sacred Rings (Aura 2). There is a bit of conversation in these games, but the games are much more exploration and puzzling than conversation.

Barry -- do Lifestream and Shady Brook have 360 degree panning? I don't remember 360 degree panning in Shady Brook, but then it's been awhile since I played.
Posted By: Barry

Re: How to find 1st person games - 11/11/07 05:12 AM

Maybe not 360 but both games totally meet the other game characteristics.

Re: How to find 1st person games - 11/11/07 03:28 PM

I have played Agon, but not Crystal Key 2 or The sacred Rings. I'll have to give them a try, thanks. I guess 360 degree view is the least important of the three things I'm looking for. I played the first Agatha Christie game, And then there were none, which was very good. But as the games have gone on, they are more conversation. I don't dislike all talking in a game, sometimes it's necessary. But when you have to constantly click on a reply, it's gets old very quickly. I'd say Beyond Atlantis is my favorite game I've ever played. The Myst games are good, as they have all the qualities I'm looking for, except that they are so hard, I end up wondering around doing nothing. The Cameron Files was very good, I played both of them. I haven't expanded much beyond The Adventure Company games, so I'm not sure what else is out there. Besides adventure games, there are a few others I've liked. James Bond: Nightfire was great. And Max Payne. Even though they were shooter games, they did have an adventure quality to them. Wondering around while it was snowing was the best part of Max Payne. Syberia was one of the very best games I've played, it was just so beautiful to look at, and the storyline was so interesting, I overlooked the fact it was 3rd person. So I guess there are always exceptions. Thanks again.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community