GB HOMEPAGE

Do you replay games?

Posted By: SkeeterUK

Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 01:23 AM

I find it a bit strange to replay games if i have explored everything the first time around. I am replaying grim fandango but using a walkthrough as i know the game i just want to quickly go through it again as i like the voices and story. But almost any other game i dont replay if i have finished it and when i normally play adv games i dont rush through i do anything and everything before moving on to the next scenes like er talk every option before leaving the person or searching and puzzle solving everything i can do, look at everything, basically leave no stone unturned.

So thats why i find it weird how people like replaying games, if they have seen and done it all before. (as i said grims the exception)

So your thoughts on this replaying thing people do?
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 01:26 AM

I personally don't do it on adventure games but some other games like fps i will probably play the game again at a different difficulty level. Or i might restart the game at a higher difficulty level if i think it's too easy. Adventure games i will replay if they have multiple endings.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 01:28 AM

Hi Skeeter22UK

Good topic....I don't replay games...I have alot of games that I haven't played in years...one day I was bored had no new game to play...So I loaded up one of them that I played three years ago..

Well, Forget it...I thought maybe I wouldn't remember things...
I remembered every step..What a bummer...
I find no joy in replaying games...

I have only ONE game that I have,that I would never sell or trade..But it has nothing to do with replaying a game.

broccoli
PS...Forgot to mention....When the developers come out with a game ..that every time you play you get a different ending...I might rethink my post here lol
Posted By: BillyBob

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 01:28 AM

I have tried replaying games but always become a bit bored with it very quickly as I remember too much, once into it. If not for this, would probably have saved a lot of money over the years. laugh
Posted By: SkeeterUK

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 01:40 AM

Its a shame theres no technology to erased games from our memory so we can replay them all again. smile

Well maybe a wack on the head would do it but im not going to try to find out if thats true (just yet) lol. smile

I tend to keep games even if i dont replay them after i won, mainly as i hope when im old and grey my memeory wont be so good so i'll play em then. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 02:26 AM

Hi smile

Well technology must have come up with something in MY case - unless it's just plain old age rotfl because I replay games all the time. LOVE doing it too - although it's mainly the real oldies.

[Of course the newies of today will also eventually become oldies, so I'll never run out bravo]

Even with the games I have played two or three times I can still get stuck lol and I nearly always find "something" new to enjoy on every re-play grin

It's the same with books. I will re-read some books many times and yet still derive the same huge satisfaction of the first read thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad broccoli
Posted By: Bernard

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 02:43 AM

I completely agree with you Mad! The first time I read a book or play a game I'm rushing towards the end, later I play or read again to catch those little details I missed the first time.

Bernard
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 02:52 AM

I've replayed many of my games many times, and enjoyed them over and over, both adventure & FPS.

wave joe
Posted By: RayBres

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 05:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter22UK
I find it a bit strange to replay games if i have explored everything the first time around. I am replaying grim fandango but using a walkthrough as i know the game i just want to quickly go through it again as i like the voices and story.

Well, if you don't already know this and the walkthrough doesn't tell you, you could find where the phrase "grim fandango" occurs in the game. luck

To stay on topic, though, I replay games after 2 or 3 years because, if a game is really good, it's like seeing an old friend again and renewing the acquaintance. Just like some movies. I watched Casablanca again recently for that reason, so why not a game? Besides, some puzzles fade from memory after that long a time and with many of them it's like solving them for the first time. think
Posted By: ssgamer

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 05:56 AM

I replay many games. Like good books, I still find something different, or maybe it's a different outlook for the day. The BS's and now the Gk's, Riddle of Sphinx, Syberia's and Byzantine. I guess I'm a keeper of books and games.
Posted By: reikidave

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 08:54 AM

Hi Skeeter,

Guilty as a re-player:

Fahrenheit I've played about 4 times now (and I'm going at it again soon in French or Spanish, just to keep up my languages). The Broken Sword series - 2 or 3 times each. They are the only games I have kept.

Trouble is, sometimes you play a really good game and then it is hard to find anything else which comes close to it - many of the games I have tried sort of petered out at the end.
Posted By: qadventuregames

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 03:00 PM

I am definitely a re-visitor of favorite games and books.

Like a good friend, I never tire of their company. yes

"Q"
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter22UK
Its a shame theres no technology to erased games from our memory so we can replay them all again. smile

I tend to keep games even if i dont replay them after i won, mainly as i hope when im old and grey my memeory wont be so good so i'll play em then. smile

Just hang in there and you might get your wish lol I have no problem forgetting the details of the game and puzzles. I see them and know I solved them before, but sometimes it takes me a bit to remember how I solved them the time before wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 04:16 PM

I replay most of my games. As Ray said, they are like old friends you want to revisit and whose company you can't help but enjoy. Familiarity can be a good thing: there are several games I've enjoyed much, much more on a replay - Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None springing to mind. The first time through it was frustrating beyond belief, but on the replay, an absolute joy. smile

And then there are those games with multiple endings (Secrets of Da Vinci, for example), different ways of solving puzzles (Return to Mysterious Island), and conversations that will move the story in a slightly different direction (Culpa Innata)... replay, replay, replay!! grin
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 04:23 PM

I replay old favorite games when I'm in the mood for that particular type of game. I'll always do it too, some games are just a joy to replay whether I remember things/solutions or not.

Sue
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: texaslady
I replay old favorite games when I'm in the mood for that particular type of game. I'll always do it too, some games are just a joy to replay whether I remember things/solutions or not.

Sue

I agree whole-heartedly Sue. thumbsup

wave joe
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Do you replay games? - 12/01/07 06:26 PM

I've replayed lots of games.
A couple of my favorites to replay are Shivers and Myst (in all its incarnations).
Others that I felt were worthy of a replay were Obsidian, Morpheus, Faust, Grim Fandango, Timelapse, The Longest Journey, Gabriel Knight, Amerzone, and Sanitarium. I've tried replaying Nine, but the only time I was able to finish the organ puzzle was the first time I played the game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community