GB HOMEPAGE

Developer Behaviour

Posted By: Diamond

Developer Behaviour - 12/04/07 03:59 PM

(If the moderators feel this post is inappropriate, please remove.)

I read the recent thread in which a developer took advantage of his position to cast doubt on the integrity and worth of the members of this forum and some individuals in particular.

I must admit to feeling very uncomfortable when a "fellow" developer behaves in such a manner because there is always the danger that the rest of us developers will all be tainted by these actions.

I would like to say that Gameboomers and all it's members have my admiration and support. I've had some fabulous encouragement from you all over the years and obtained some very valuable comments and feedback, for which I'm very grateful. I'm sure that many other developers are also very appreciative of Gameboomers and sites like it and for the time that members put into writing reviews, walkthroughs and posting thoughtful items in many interesting threads.

I hope that you long continue to do so.

Best wishes to you all.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Developer Behaviour - 12/04/07 04:15 PM

Steve,

Thank you. Do not worry, we appreciate your concern.

wink We know that not all developers are Superman! Just a select few! The rest are Spiderman.

Some can be fallen angels! Same is true in real life.

Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Developer Behaviour - 12/04/07 04:41 PM

Nicely said Steve smile

And I completely agree.

Re: Developer Behaviour - 12/04/07 05:08 PM

Thank you, both.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Developer Behaviour - 12/04/07 05:11 PM

Thanks Steve. I don't think any of our members would lump you or Gatorlaw in with the ones that just wanted to cause troubles. We love having the folks in our midst who actually dream up and make the games we like to play wave
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Developer Behaviour - 12/04/07 05:15 PM

well, Steve can be an imp but I promised not to talk about GC.

What went on in Leipzig, ... well it stays in Leipzig laugh

*Looks down at Steve's post*

laugh

Re: Developer Behaviour - 12/04/07 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: looney4labs
Thanks Steve. I don't think any of our members would lump you or Gatorlaw in with the ones that just wanted to cause troubles. We love having the folks in our midst who actually dream up and make the games we like to play wave

Thank you. This is exactly why I like coming here. You guys are great. (Even Gatorlaw sometimes.)
Posted By: nickie

Re: Developer Behaviour - 12/04/07 06:58 PM

I'm sorry you even entertained the thought, but at the same time it shows a quality about you and other wonderful developers that are members of this Gameboomer family. You care about the adventure genre, work very hard to make games we love, and care about this community. Weeds spring up from time to time in gardens, but we won't trample the tulips in maintaining the beauty.

Re: Developer Behaviour - 12/04/07 07:14 PM

Well, there's always a little insecurity being a game developer.

You put that so well, Nickie, thanks.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Developer Behaviour - 12/04/07 07:30 PM

Yes she did! Nickie turns a beautiful phrase wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Developer Behaviour - 12/04/07 07:59 PM

That appalling example is, thankfully, the exception rather than the norm, I'm sure everyone here would agree. Please know that we all do so appreciate the genuine and positive input into the forum made by the VAST majority of you. One bad cherry doth not a punnet make. lol
Posted By: metamorphium

Re: Developer Behaviour - 12/05/07 12:19 AM

I just want to express my support to gameboomers! I as a developer feel such a great support in this community and I want to thank MaG and all the members for keeping such a creative atmosphere.

I fully agree with Steve Ince, that this could cast a bad shade on us developers, but I hope that we can still count on such a pleasant treatment and this unfortunate event would be percieved as a singularity. While I understand that the pressure on us by expectations etc. could be very stressful, still our games should be the sole proof of our skills and not nefarious practices to artificially raising an interest. Besides gamers can't be fooled for a long time by a foul intents and underestimating the community is - mildly said - foolish.

Keep up the great work!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Developer Behaviour - 12/05/07 01:35 AM

Thanks, metamorphium.

We appreciate the sentiments.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community