GB HOMEPAGE

Apology LOTL

Posted By: Laurie46

Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 04:33 PM

Hi
My name is Laurence, I am the chief puzzle designer, lead voice overs and musical director for the now infamous Limbo of the Lost. As you may know I have always kept a low profile concerning the politics of GameBoomers and other sites, prefering to concentrate on the creative side. I have kindly been given permission from GameBoomers to state my side of the case for this I am grateful.
First let me point out that I as was Tim extremely unhappy with the way that Steve behaved. I would like to extend our sincere apologies for the ensuing results. Steves views in no way reflect my own. Unfortunately Steves drive and passion can sometimes get the better of him.
I myself understand that part of the fun in playing adventure games is to share titbits of information. This is what brings communities together and keeps the industry going.
Limbo took a long time to develope and I can assure it was worth it. It would be a shame to deprive people the pleasure to play just because of a hot headed developer,
Once again I can only apologise on behalf of Majestic Studios and suffice to say someone is in the dog house hahahah

A very special apology to Inferno

P.S This is not a grovelling post, just a heart felt apology.

As a footnote may I also stress that Majestic Studios are still a very strong team who are not only close friends but also work very well together. We will continue to develope new and exciting projects and hope that we can eventually put all of this behind us. We are all entitled at least one mistake, here's one that a certain person won't forget in a hurry. hahaha

I thank you all for your time

Laurence Francis.
Chief Puzzle designer, lead character vocals and musical director
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 05:06 PM

Thank you for coming forward Laurence and welcome to Gameboomers.

Ana

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 05:12 PM

Thanks for the welcome Ana
Posted By: Becky

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 05:17 PM

Hi Laurence -- welcome. It's great to hear from you! wave

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 05:22 PM

Thanks Becky and thanks for giving me a chance to speak. thumbsup
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 05:30 PM

welcomeTo Boomers Laurie..

I am glad you were given the chance to explain the situation..

Out of respect for Game Boomers & the Staff I was prepared to boycott Limbo of the Lost.. As well I'm sure other members would have did the same.

luck With the game..

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 05:41 PM

Thank you Darleen,
Everybody is being very kind and welcoming. I appreciate that thumbsup
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 06:23 PM

Hi ya Laurie and welcome puppy
Posted By: SkeeterUK

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 06:29 PM

I duno what has happened but thanks for the effort of making things right. And welcome to the boomers station. wave
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 07:08 PM

welcome to the party, Laurence:

I offer you and Tim a heartfelt virtual hug of friendship. And I am glad that both of you realize how adventure gamers game here at GB. Gaming for us is not and will never be a solitary experience. We take joy and pride in our community spirit because we are one place that holds our "neighborhood" as a virtual family where all are welcome and all are helped when any question is asked without fear, embarrassment or lack of knowledge. Here at Gameboomers we believe in "paying it forward".

My wish is simple: for all to get on with our gaming, however we choose to play.

As for the past few days occurance, the feelings and emotions will die as what was written becomes buried with time. There is good that has come from it as we all are that much wiser now. All of us. I bear neither of you any ill will and wish much success for your future.

To all else who read this, for my part I would ask that no one boycott or refuse to play it soley on the basis of what happen to me. Those of you who know me well, also know that I do not believe in grudges nor annimosity toward another. It holds no purpose, expends far too much energy and only leads to outrecuidance. This is a game that should be played and replayed by all who love the spirit of adventure. I for one would not deny any of my gaming friends at GB or anywhere else this marvelous experience.

I had stated before all of this "whoha" began and I state it now that Limbo of the Lost was singularly one of the most intoxicating and deliciously devious adventures I have played to date. I will never speak ill of it as I cannot speak ill of what I have fallen in love with. Captain Briggs will forever remain fondly in my heart. You and Tim did that, Laurence. In more ways then you will ever know. I shall always remain a fan and admirer.

Blessed Be:

inferno

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of Fate is strength undefeatable. - Helen Keller
For only then might Destiny cry out, "Checkmate!" and win his game. - inferno

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 07:15 PM

Inferno -- would it show my outrecuidance if I say that it is an honor to know you? lol
Posted By: MaG

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 07:16 PM

Golly, I have not been so proud of GameBoomers as I am right now!

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 07:18 PM

lol I looked it up in the dictionary and still can't use it in a sentence. grin

Inferno.....I always knew you were a class act. You just reinforced that for me. hearts

Ana wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 07:38 PM

bravo The spirit of Gameboomers shines forth again. bravo
Posted By: nickie

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 07:38 PM

You are indeed a class act Inferno.
Thanks Laurence for coming forward with your apology, and welcome to Gameboomers!
Posted By: TLC

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 07:59 PM

Hi Laurence, welcome to Gameboomers. Is the game available to the US? wave

Inferno, praise hearts wave
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 08:21 PM

No-one could have said it better, Inferno--you truly are a class act, and it's an honor to be working with you! praise

And Laurie, welcome to GameBoomers, and thanks for the message...wave
Posted By: Chief

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 08:59 PM

Inferno thumbsup bravo

Laurie welcome to the Boomers

Chief
Posted By: Dyl'smom

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 09:03 PM

Whew, I am so glad that's over. Now inferno can you run over to hints and help me? You know I can't do it without you!
Dyl'smom
Posted By: kjos

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 09:17 PM

Welcome to Gameboomers Lourie welcome and luck with the game
Looking forward to playing it. Would not like the game to slide under the sheets. Inferno you are the greatest. thumbsup
Richard
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 09:31 PM

Thank you, Inferno thumbsup Before all the whoha, I bought Limbo from the ebayer seller (its in the post) after reading what had happened to you, felt a bit sick. Was going to send it back.
So glad you got your apology, you can do no wrong by me. Your williness to help other gamers just shows what a lovely person you are.
Thanks also to Laurie bravo for making us all feel better. I'm looking forward to playing the game.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 09:56 PM

I am glad you were given an apology Inferno! You so did not deserve all that. I Look to GameBoomers for help!- In fact- I just had a problem with a game- tried a walkthru- that did not do it- got one on one from Mag- still could not fix it-- finally went to the developer- and found out it was a rare glitch in the puzzle! Without GameBoomers help- I would either still be on that same puzzle or the game would be in the trash.!
Gameboomers--- keep up with the good-- no GREAT work.
I thank you. And as it has been said before--
"Proud to know you Inferno"
praise
Posted By: gaily

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 10:05 PM

Wow. I agree with all of you above me. I, like Upsydaisy, watched and waited in dismay (with my game already ordered and enroute) as the drama unfolded so uncomfortably. My heart went out to inferno as she experienced the "No good deed goes unpunished" phenomenon just for being her sweet self and helping us. I really respect Lawrence for coming back to the table to make peace with inferno and gameboomers. It required integrity to apologize without hedging while still(generously)not disrespecting his friend. Inferno, what a lovely and gracious response. I feel lucky to be a small part of such a community as you have created here at gameboomers. Once again, it is safe to be stuck. thanks gaily.

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 10:17 PM

I just bought the game on ebay, they have 1 left. I'm looking forward to playing it. wave
Posted By: Tyke

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 10:19 PM

WOW!! Inferno...what an "awesome" lady you are. bravo bravo
I too am proud to know you... praise
I am so very pleased that Laurence had the good grace to give you a sincere apology...for nothing else would have sufficed, as it is, I don't know if I could have been quite so forgiving...for is it not true?...hurt one Boomer and you hurt us all...(some people would do well to take note!) frown
Just goes to show what a special person you are. kissy

welcome to Gameboomers Laurence and thank you for your apology to our Inferno, and for doing your best to make amends. smile

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 10:31 PM

Tyke,

I agree, Inferno is an awesome lady. praise Last night when I read the other thread, I had no intentions of buying the game because of the way she was treated. Then when I saw this apology and Inferno's response, I decided to give the game a shot. smile wave
Posted By: Motrau

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 11:03 PM

Hi all, I have kept quiet as Inferno did recently until now as I wanted to see what response Laurence received from the gameboomers community. The reason that I kept quiet is quite simple and it is this. I was the first of the developers to post on the game boomers site and I was horrified at the negative responses we received. Laurence our head puzzle, music and lead character voice actor wanted to post an apology, which was apt and needed to be done. I would now like to say this from my personal viewpoint. I would firstly like to offer a sincere and un-adulaterated apology to "Inferno" for any hurt she may have been caused. I would personally of loved to have read her forth coming review of our game which I now understand will not take place which hurts very much but I can totally understand the reasons behind this decision. As a second instance I would like to also offer an apology to the entire game boomers community for any hurt caused to them also. I now wish to say only that the game has from its earliest conception taken a very, very long time to develop on various formats IE Atari ST, and Amiga until its current platform of the PC and it would be in my opinion a very great shame if it were not played and enjoyed by the vast majority of the Adventure game lovers that I/we know exist all over the world. This is not meant in any form as returns to us on a monetary basis but more so that it really is a fun and exciting game and if I never made a penny out of the entire project but knew in my heart of hearts that it had bought fun and pleasure to the people that had played it then this would suffice to be more than a thank you to me speaking personally! Steve may have acted rashly in his responses but I must say this of him. He is a very talented individual who is very close and dear to what we have all worked upon for many years so if he has upset anyone which I know he has with his comments then as Laurence said to me at least please forgive him this one slip up as to castigate him forever and a day would be a vast waste to the gaming community as a whole. Steve I hope you are listening to this as these good and gracious people at gameboomers deserve more and we look to them for insight and feedback with whatever we do and that as you well know is try to create games to entertain. Nothing more and nothing less.
I do hope that my post can be accepted by all as an honest and forthright apology and look forward to you all or some of you at least enjoying the game in the near future.

Best wishes,

MOTRAU.

Aka Tim Croucher

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 11:10 PM

Negative responses, Tim?
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 11:19 PM

Now I am confused Tim-- here is your quote
"Hi All, Thanks for your kind response's to the Gallery. Steve never ceases to amaze me either with his imaginative ways of doing things like the gallery in this case. Your support is very much appreciated as always and we eaglerly await the release of "Limbo of the Lost" just as much as you seem to. Many thanks to whoever posted it on the home screen of Gameboomers, much appreciated! A special Hello to Mad and to my good friend Nickie my Yellow Rose! Nickie you really must get up to speed with Broad Band haha! Dial up is so laborious now adays! Also a special hello to Becky, Hi Becks!! Many thanks once again and to all the team and moderators at this great site for all us Adventure game fans!

Motrau

Where is the Negativity ??

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 11:20 PM

Ps sorry I forgot to mention that today's date the 5th of December 2007 is exactly the date or anniversary that the ship named "Mary Celeste" which is the crux of Limbo of the Lost in its earliest stages at least was found drifting and abandoned without a soul onboard! As sir Arthur Connan Doyle of "Sherlock Holmes" fame said, "The most strange and interesting case I have ever come across!" It has now been exactly 135 years to the day since she was discovered in this fashion? Co-incidence perhaps but a good story to mull over for years to come as we shall surely never really know what happened to her crew rather like we shall never know the true identity of "Jack the Ripper"!! That however is another story!!

Best wishes,

MOTRAU

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 11:29 PM

Hi all, all I meant from my recent post was the negative responses to Limbo having read all that has happened recently that is all. Winfrey! And I thought I had a good memory hahaha Gee I must have posted what you said almost 2 years ago but well spotted and thanks for telling me off!! Hahaha well said you have now reminded me of something that I should not of forgotten!!

Thanks again,

MOTRAU.

Ps MaG thank you for all your sincere support recently. I have asked having spoken to Nickie on the phone that you and Inferno be the first to know how much this support which you have granted us means which I cannot possibly put into words as there would not be enough space on this site to post it all!! Hahaha.

Thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart,

TIM.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 11:43 PM

I think what he means is that he was horrified by what Steve had done to create so much negativity about the game, since he (Tim) had originally joined this community to promote it.

Edit: I see it took me so long to write that, that Tim came back on to explain his words.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/05/07 11:52 PM

Hi smile

I have to say it is great that Inferno has at last been given the public apology she so deserves from some of the MSTUDIOS development team.
However, in my view, there is one member of that team who very definitely still owes.

And so a hearty welcome to you Laurie46 thumbsup
And nice to see you back here, Motrau yes

But .... Motrau .... Negative Responses ???
oopsYou nearly cooked your goose there !! lol

I'm really happy that this horrible issue appears to be getting cleared up. And I can once more look forward to playing the game without any misgivings grin

But most of all I'm happy that Inferno feels able to continue to promote Limbo of the Lost and feels able to continue to offer her very valued help to Gameboomers.

She is extremely precious to us all !! kissy kissy

Cheers.

Mad wave

Posted By: Celtic Lark

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/06/07 12:09 AM

Just catching up with what's been going on the last few days and wanted to say that I'm glad this has been cleared up to the extent that I feel I can go ahead and purchase this game because it looks amazing.

Thank you, Tim and Laurence, for your apologies to Inferno. As has been stated many times (but never enough!!), she is much beloved here for all of her hard work and her gracious spirit. smile

Looking forward to the game! happydance
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/06/07 01:05 AM

Thank goodness that you were given the chance to explain and apologize, Laurie46, because there for awhile I was beginning to think I was the only one left who was still willing to buy LOTL. I was even starting to be afraid that it wasn't going to be released in February with all that was going on.
I know Steve (FABLE, I guess) isn't too popular around here, but I sort of understood his disappointment when he thought one thing and it didn't work out the way he thought it should, so he got upset and said a little too much, which happens to us human beings now and then. Of course, his comments weren't directed at me so I could afford to be an objective observer, I reckon.
Now, I want to say to all Boomers that I like it here at GB very much, but I don't feel that I need to be part of what to me felt like a "mob scene" going after Steve. I'm sorry, but if that is what it takes to belong, I will be gone.

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/06/07 01:26 AM

Hi sierramindy smile

I can see this thread getting locked if fighting breaks out but I, for one, can't condone the fact that a supposedly responsible game developer adopted a false identity to partake in this forum and cause a whole lot of trouble besides.
And said developer has not publicly apologised to the person he publicly insulted.
Apologising to her privately just doesn't cut it as far as I'm concerned.

Gameboomers is not like some of those other "Wild West Lawless Style" places.
We care here and will continue to do so.

Mad wave
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/06/07 01:42 AM

Inferno I agree with all of the above...You are truly Awesome. I may not know you as well as some of the others here, but I have read all of your reviews, have your guide in my favorites (the one that shows how to play games on XP) and I am so glad that you have received the apology you so deserved. I am one of the ones who have ordered this game and it shipped just the other day and was really looking forward to playing because of your comments. But I have to tell you...my excitement about it truly died when all of this happened. It's good to see that it is being fixed and as you said, time will heal. Thank you for all you do.

Welcome Laurie and thank you for stepping up and doing the right thing. You too are truly an Awesome Person.
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/06/07 01:51 AM

It takes fortitude and maturity for one to apologize and I commend you Lawrence and Motrau.
Inferno you are definitely one of a kind and I think we all learned from what you went through. You are one gracious lady and I learned a long time ago that it is a total waste of energy to hold a grudge.

Sierramindy, we all tend to "read" things from many different perspectives, that's the human in us. But it's the ability to corrolate and process that information into a logical format that makes us the adults we are or at least should be.
Posted By: Cissy

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/06/07 02:19 AM

Gameboomers has always been the place I come to for help playing some games. This place is awesome. Whether I need a hint or a saved game, someone ALWAYS responds to get me out of a jam. I am soooooo grateful you'all are here smile

Cissy
Posted By: judith

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/06/07 03:19 AM

bravo You are one classy lady Inferno. It makes me proud to be part of GB's community. Judy
Posted By: Lundar

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/06/07 04:46 AM

I have not posted much for quite awhile but I have always felt Gameboomers to be a special place that I visit daily. I feel that after reading something that goes against the very core of Gameboomers that I must respond.

I take it as an insult to what Gameboomers is all about to classify what was happening to Steve as a "mob scene". The facts of the matter when reasonably and logically are looked at show that it was much more than Steve getting upset or saying a little too much. He deceived Gameboomers by pretending to be one of our regular forum members when he was essentially part of the team. While I do not hold the entire company responsible for this, Steve's actions can't be excused or tolerated. We expect that anyone that is part of a team creating an adventure game whether in a small or crucial way to be upfront, responsible, and honest with who they are instead of playing games with us and hiding behind their lies!

If Steve had revealed who he was and had been honest from the very beginning, then everything would have gone very smoothly. All that other Gameboomers did was just to express their frustration at someone who had lied to us and who questioned the integrity of one of our own who gives so generously of her time to help us all.

Gameboomers is a community and a family that is built around helping others. I am very proud to see that so many Gameboomers defended Inferno when her integrity was being attacked and we were being deceived because to sit back and say nothing would have been much worse. No more needs to be said on this but I am very thankful that the core developers have apologized to Inferno and to us all and hopefully we can move on to enjoying our adventure games!

Posted By: mikeplay

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/06/07 04:57 PM

I do not post much but have had Inferno help me with games and she did so with no need to be patted on the back it just seemed she was glad to help a fellow gamer. So for Steve to come at her like that to me was wrong but if she can get past it so can I. Lawrence and Motrau thx for your comments it helped that someone there was willing to say what was did was wrong even though they were not the person that needed to.
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/06/07 06:33 PM

Okay, I admit that I grew old but I never grew up, too bad maybe but my DNA just didn't work that way. I may just be somewhere on the autistic spectrum, I don't know. But I don't have this feeling of thinking like everybody else, I have to do my own thinking. "Don't Fence Me In" was a favorite song of mine when I was a kid and to me that meant the freedom to always think for myself, or as Shakespeare put it "To thine own self be true and it must follow as night the day, thou canst not then be false to anyone." So I'm thinking now just because a person is a member of a development team, does he lose the right to be an individual? Can't he belong to this forum as a person in his own right with his own feelings and thoughts? So he didn't tell the whole truth as to why he was involved with the game, but I don't see that he lied either. He was speaking for himself, not the team, so why did he need to say more? To me, he got hints and spoilers mixed up and that is where he made his big mistake, which brought the wrath of so many down on his poor head. BTW, I never said it was a "mob scene" just that it felt like one to me, which is totally my own personal reaction.
Do I maybe take the Bill of Rights too seriously? You know that part about freedom of speech?
As for inferno, she did nothing wrong and yet got caught up in the misunderstanding, which was blown up so big it became a forum matter rather than a personal one. Why is that? Hmm, I think that is the part where I am not adult enough to understand it. I'm willing to listen, but of course, in the end I make up my own mind.
Posted By: FlyingDutchman42

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/06/07 07:33 PM

Hello Fellowboomers,

First I did not know what was going on at all, but
after reading the original topic I think I got the picture.
A friendly guy called Fable, offered with fablelous friendliness
to help out with a severe problem with a limb.
After being fableously (difficult word)
friendly he than slowly dropped
(or had to drop) his mask and turned out to be one of the
limb designers (or testers or whatever),
and to have a multiple personality, oops (on top of that)
(at least on the forum) with only his alter ego fable being
the friendly one (yust as in the movies with multiple
personality's, there is always a friendly one also,
usually a shy child with a soft voice rotfl)

Apology's where being made by innoccent party's, thumbsup
(his colleague's)which of course is a good thing, but still
my personal feeling is that they won't find me with that
game,as I have plenty enough stored in my cupboards, many
still waiting to be played.
I have ordered "Darkness within" and "Dead reefs" and
that will get me through nicely.

robert shame (multiple one)

Playing Tunguska at the moment and love the game! smile
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/06/07 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: sierramindy
.........just because a person is a member of a development team, does he lose the right to be an individual?

Can't he belong to this forum as a person in his own right with his own feelings and thoughts? ......

Most definitely yes to the 1st part & no to the 2nd. When it comes to specifically posting about a project that involved at least 2 others in the team they should have been consulted - there is no room here to be an 'individual'!

I'm sorry to disagree with you sierramindy but having just read the 'thread' which I found very offensive to Inferno, I for one could have given the game a miss. There has been a plethora of games released & more on on the horizon.
I have no time for deceitfulness & someone posting 'his own feelings & thoughts' when he is part of a team & could potentially have damaged a long term project which relied on other dedicated people to complete.

I would like to thank these other dedicated people Tim & Laurence for their apology on GB to Inferno.

I would also like to thank Inferno for being such a big-hearted person - I'm not sure in the same shoes I would still go ahead & promote the game! smile

N.B I would like to see a well deserved apology to Inferno from Steve.

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/07/07 01:31 AM

Ok ....I think we all should bury the hackett..

Inferno..You are the Best in my book !!! Thanks for all you do..

Now lets get on with Gaming !!!

thumbsup

My Opinion ..
Posted By: kjos

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/07/07 01:34 AM

Well said Dar. Back to gaming and hints. I think we will need some hints for this game. broccoli
Richard

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/08/07 04:08 AM

Hi smile

Well, just for the record, thanks to Laurence and Tim from MSTUDIOS magnanimously coming forward, YES, we may very well "get back to gaming" as far as Limbo of the Lost is concerned - but I for one am not eager to let this affair get brushed under the carpet for the sake of "getting back to gaming".

Inferno has still not as yet received a public apology from the person who actually started this whole saga and caused all the trouble.
He insulted her in public and should apologise to her in public - not merely send her a private message.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way and who is still waiting.

Cheers.

Mad yes

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/08/07 04:20 AM

Hi Mad...

I do respect what you are saying...But if this thread continues to be negative & no sign of an ending....Eventually it will get locked. So For all good purposes I think it should get buried..

We should go on....Inferno has said as much...

So let it be... monky

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/08/07 04:47 AM

Darleen2003 ....

I'll wait for word from a higher authority in that respect.

Mad.
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/08/07 05:28 PM

I have just read the now locked post about this. Like most of you I agree very much with Inferno that the ending to this game (or any other game) should not be gevn away - at least without due spoiler warning. I know I became rather mad and angry when I berfound out the ending to KOTOR, Morrowind, Oblivion and some other games i haven't finished yet. It totally made my wish to finish the games mentioned not very great... but I digress...

I can understand why Inferno does not want to review this game as she (as well as the BG family) feels cheated since apparently two persons were one and the same. I'm glad that other developers from Majestic Studios have come forth to make an apology, both to Inferno and the GB family (community).

I don't mind people having different opinions about games, even developers, can have different opinions of what a great game makes, but I do think that it is necessesary to discuss this in a civil manner....

/Karsten

Posted By: Melanie1

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/09/07 11:39 AM

I missed the prior conversation and had to go back and read it out of curiosity and must say how shocked I am. Laurence, your friend and co-worker, Steve was unbelievably transparent, rude and acted with as much smarts as he credited us with. That he would think we were stupid enough to fall for his deceit when he also thought us smart enough to do all the puzzles with no help was strange but when I thought about it, I just put that up to his arrogance in thinking he was so smart that he was fooling everyone.

Inferno is much more gracious than the situation warrants. Perhaps I'm just cynical but somehow I find it very hard to believe that no one else in your company knew what Steve was up to. I hope not though. I do hope even more that you all learned a lesson. If your game is as good as everyone who has it says it is, I hope you also learn not to bite the hands that feed you.
Posted By: LindaMarion

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/12/07 05:54 PM

| look also on Just adventure discusions and saw another very long thing on limbo of theLost right at the top
does anybody know who is fable and what is the gamemaker?

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/12/07 06:29 PM

Linda, I believe the threads here and at JA reveal enough for you to make your own educated guess. I think MaG said it best in the closing post of the thread that started it all:

Quote:

All throughout the postings written by MStudios and the postings done under his other guises - especially the one under the guise of Fable were meant to deceive the members as well as the adventure gamers everywhere that read our forums. Untruths are present on all of them.

So as a single entity, he and his multiple personalities are not welcomed in GameBoomers.

I really think the whole issue needs to be put to rest. It's had it's 15 minutes of fame.

Ana wave
Posted By: Barry

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/12/07 06:47 PM

Where is the post that brought all this on? I believe I missed this one. What happened anyway?

Regards,
Barry
Posted By: Carrie

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/12/07 07:11 PM

BET - The high road's always the better choice... and often the toughest one to take. I'm going to make the effort, however (that title has been on my wishlist for quite some time!). Gotta say though, that (like Melanie1) I had to get the background info on this, & came away with a bad taste in my mouth. In my book, internet impoliteness is pretty 'skunky business' ... hopefully, something a couple of bottles of Listerine will wash away. ~~~~~~~~lol

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/12/07 07:23 PM

Carrie, as they say "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water", the bath water is drained and the baby (the game) remains. Fortunately, it really it an exceptional game. I am playing it currently and it is truly a game that we gamers would have promoted just fine if left on our own.

Ana wave
Posted By: LindaMarion

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/12/07 09:00 PM

Yes youre right brownEyedTiger.
best to leave it all alone.
I hope on other site also
Posted By: Merlin

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/13/07 12:39 AM

Oh hi there Laurie, er, Laurence, er Laura, er I mean steve, um, sorry, I meant Fable. >> " Hahahaha " crazy grin

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/13/07 09:54 AM

Hi all, Merlin just to explain as you obviously have an issue here. Laurie is my friend and has nothing to do with the names steve or Fable. I think it is unfair to post in this way and would ask that you get your facts right before doing so. Your comments are not true and are certainly not funny!! Many of the gameboomers know me personally and have spoken to me personally on the phone also.Laurie has been associated with the game for many years now and he does not need to be treated in this fashion. MaG or Becky can you please having been such a great help recently have a word also as I only posted to defend the integrity of my good friend Laurence. This thread should just be to discuss the game not to continually keep going back over old ground as was agreed.

Many thanks,

MOTRAU

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/13/07 11:30 AM

Motrau -- members of your team have posted under different guises and this has had the understandable effect of making people suspicious.

I agree that this thread is going back over old ground. Until further notice, I'm locking it.

Ready for lockdown, Mr.Grinch? :grinch: (What is it about the Christmas season? I seem to be locking threads this time of year. Just when we're supposed to be Jolly.)

Re: Apology LOTL - 12/13/07 02:55 PM

Thank you all for you comments.

Let us get back to the Happy Season of Good Cheer and Happiness.

Happy Christmas to all and to all a Good night!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community