GB HOMEPAGE

Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game?

Posted By: adventurelover

Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/12/06 01:45 PM

Pesonally, I really enjoyed Poirot in Murder on the Orient Express. However, now as a fan of Ms, Marple I would like to see a game with one of the mysteries solved by her...Although if the producers choose Poirot again I 'd say ''Murders ABC''.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/12/06 02:12 PM

Good question! This gives me an excuse to re-read all my Poirot Agatha Christies in order to select my top choice.

I agree that The ABC Murders would be a lot of fun.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/12/06 06:24 PM

I haven't read many of ACs books but have seen some of the stories made into TV dramas & films. I think I would like to see one of the less known stories for the next game! (One that I don't know!!!) smile
Posted By: MousePower

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/12/06 06:34 PM

I would vote for either "A Pocketful of Rye" or "A Carribean Mystery".
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/12/06 06:43 PM

I'd like a Miss Marple. I don't care which. We probably would not end up playing as Miss Marple, but as an assistant or protege, same as with Orient Express.
Posted By: karmyn

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/12/06 07:41 PM

I'm partial to Halloween Party myself.
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/12/06 10:24 PM

I would love to play a PC game like,
Miss Marple in "A Carribean Mystery", I would love to solve a murder mystery in a far away island

I guess you could call it another, "And then there were none" becuase that was on an Island too
Posted By: Ditlihi

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/12/06 10:55 PM

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd to see how they would end it
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/13/06 12:41 AM

Evil Under the Sun was also set on an island. smile But, would it make a great game, I wonder? I haven't read very many of AC's novels, this might be a good time to start. laugh
Posted By: fildil

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/13/06 02:02 AM

Why not Miss Marple's first case "Murder at the Vicarage" or Poirot's first case "The Mysterious Affair at Styles"?
Posted By: NJMysteryMan

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/19/06 04:12 PM

Hmm, tough call. I agree, to introduce Miss Marple, and being that St. Mary Mead is where all her insight comes from, I'd say "Murder at the Vicarage" would be a good start for her. It would also establish characters who could return in later games. The Christie Games website had an opinion poll after And Then There Were None was released and I voted for Orient Express. But they also mention "Death Comes As The End." Though not one of her better mysteries, it's a classic tale, set in ancient Egypt with a wealthy family slowly being murdered one by one, as if under some ancient curse. That would make an excellent adventure game, IMHO.
Posted By: ssgamer

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/20/06 01:29 AM

How about Death on the Nile? Or Murder In Mesopotamia?
Amy thing she wrote would be good.
Posted By: Mystery Lover

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/22/06 12:42 AM

Toward Zero would be a good one too. The hero's not well known, and it's also in a remote location, very suspensful and most of the suspects get to be questioned.
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/22/06 03:15 AM

I'd like "Mysterious Affair at Styles" of one of Marple's cases as well. I think the Vicarage idea is a splendid one, followed by the Caribbean story. The backgrounds for that would be gorgeous!
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/22/06 05:51 AM

The Body in the Library, By the Pricking of My Thumbs, Murder at the Vicarage and A Murder is Announced would make geat games. Tommy and Tuppence books were also very good. I think all of her books would make great games. thumbsup
Posted By: joanieS

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/22/06 12:35 PM

I'd like a Miss Marple too. This is going to sound like a "what is the name of that game?" thread: what was that one where there were a group of people at a party and the lights are turned out and someone gets shot? And, any of the stories mentioned above where our dear Miss Marple is off adventuring in a foreign land.

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/22/06 02:17 PM

A Murder is Announced, maybe?

Since TAC has had the good fortune of getting David Suchet to voice Poirot in the games, I would expect the next two games to be Poirot mysteries.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/22/06 06:44 PM

Murder on the Nile?
A Miss Marple one would be good but there have been many Miss Marple actresses & choosing one of them would be like going blindfold on a tightrope.
There are so many Agatha Christie murders that us gamers have LOTS to look forward to
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/22/06 08:49 PM

Would a game of short stories featuring Poirot,such as "The Under Dog and Other Stories" be practical?
Posted By: ron.etti

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/23/06 01:31 AM

I forget the name of the story.
The one that they kidnap the Prime minister.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/23/06 01:34 AM

Ron,

Hercule Poirot: The Kidnapped Prime Minister wave
Posted By: ron.etti

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 12/24/06 01:03 PM

Mag, Daa.......yes that's the one.....
Posted By: maggie57

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 08/06/07 10:57 PM

Hi-

I have read all of her books, do any of you remember the ones where a married couple were in them as detectives? I would love to see a game from those.

Maggie wave

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 08/06/07 11:42 PM

Maggie -- we're discussing Tuppence and Tommy here.
Posted By: ces

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 08/07/07 02:31 AM

Murder in Meopotamia
Posted By: maggie57

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 08/07/07 05:15 AM

Becky-

Could remember the book, not their names, thanks for the link.

Maggie wave
Posted By: psychoteacher

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 08/07/07 08:39 AM

Any and all!!! Bring 'em on, but please please please
no more find the hidden stuff games like Murder on the Nile.
I was so looking forward to a story line and questioning
suspects and using clues, etc. and was very disappointed to find
that it was another Where's Waldo type of game. Where is the
problem solving skill or intrigue of a great mystery in that?
YICK sick
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 08/07/07 08:59 AM

10 little Indian boys and the clocks I think it was called hickery dickery dock .They could do the lot for me lol.Must admit like you pyschoteacher I like a good mystery and loads of clues so you don t get to stuck lol
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 08/07/07 11:15 AM

10 little Indian boys has already been made into a PC game. After the book was renamed to And Then There Were None, the pc game carries this name. Also Hickory Dickory Dock is one book and The Clocks is another book (don't confuse the two). My humble opinion is that as Becky said there will be at least another two Poirots coming out (including Evil Under The Sun). The reason i am saying this is when they had signed David Suchet to voice act Poirot the announcement said that they had signed him for 3 upcoming games. Considering he did Orient Express that leaves at least another two. If he doesn't voice act for Poirot in Evil Under The Sun that means it will be more than 2 games based on the books of Poirot. Also i believe that they will also and should follow the Marple route as well. I think that they will also do games based on the books and hopefully they can get Geraldine McEwan to voice act for her.
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 08/07/07 03:02 PM

Was it a long time ago they did the 10 little indian boys on pc .I have never seen it
Posted By: MaG

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 08/07/07 03:05 PM

dragon,

Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None was released October 2005.

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 08/07/07 03:51 PM

Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None was released in North America in October 2005. I'm pretty sure it was released in the UK a few months after that.
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Agatha Christie: Which of the books would you like to be the next game? - 08/07/07 08:34 PM

I would like to see Hercule Poirot's Christmas as a game. I would also love to see some Agatha Christie novels such as Nemesis or Cover Her Face as games smile

Oh, and I will be joining the Tommy and Tuppence discussion shortly smile

© 2024 GameBoomers Community