GB HOMEPAGE

Game Time Lost

Posted By: Mad

Game Time Lost - 01/01/08 05:38 PM

Hi smile

Reading through some of the recent threads made me wonder if anyone else, like me, sacrifices "hours" of potential game playing time by allowing myself to be far too interested in what's going on here at Gameboomers ?? eek

I get to my computer all ready for a session with my game of the moment, and, without exception, find myself thinking "I will just have a quick check in at Gameboomers, first".

And suddenly it is THREE HOURS LATER ..... rotfl

Cheers.

Mad happydance

Ahem !! Maybe this post should be in Mixed Bag ????
If so, will a kindly Mod please chase it over there grin
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/01/08 05:59 PM

Hi Mad, wave I know exactly what you mean! Usually I have a quick peek when I turn on the PC then periodically look when I'm playing - just to give myself a break & to relieve my ears!(I usually play using headphones which get uncomfortable after a while - like now!) lol
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/01/08 06:11 PM

There's definitely "something" that happens to the clock when one logs onto GameBoomers. An hour can flash by and it seems like just 10 minutes. Let's do the BoomerTimeWarp agaiiiinnn...
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/01/08 06:13 PM

rotfl Oh Rushes!
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/01/08 06:34 PM

I certainly know what you mean. Sometimes I think I spend more time on GB then anywhere else. I am here everyday single day. I check email first then come here and spend quite a bit of time. I may not post as often as others, but I am here as often as others. This is the absolute best site going and I think I will always make it a part of my day.......afternoon and evening for that matter. : )
Posted By: connie

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/01/08 08:03 PM

I agree Sly One. I don't post as much as others but, I spend alot of time here. It is my first stop in the morning, and then I check in off and on all day. I don't know what I would do without Gameboomers and all my Gameboomer friends. wave happydance
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/01/08 08:13 PM

always take a quick look while I eat my break fast lol
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/01/08 08:18 PM

When I just got my new puter I set the default page to Gameboomers. I check my mail and then take a peek here and then boom, many hours have gone by. I think ok, I'll just check out mixed bags or the darkside and before you know it I'm reading all the forums to see if I can help in any way. Then I wait and see if I get a reply and around we go again.
I love this site. Sometimes my hubby asks what I'm doing and and I say take a guess and he says, you must be at gameboomers.
Cathy :holidays:
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/01/08 09:42 PM

I think of GameBoomers as my "home away from home" since I spend so much time reading all your great posts. It is nice to read I'm not the only one!
Posted By: Dunn Tawkin

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/02/08 04:07 AM

Hi fellow boomies

Happy 08 to everybody

I had some weird & tough things happen in 07, so it can only get better right yes

I don't post as much as I should, but I check in to see what's going on about every day.

Hi Mad thumbsup

Finally getting around to playing Darkness Within.

Dunn Tawkin
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/02/08 09:34 AM

I'm guilty also! first thing in the morning with my coffee :)and all through the day.I have also said I'll just take a quick peek before I start my game,several hours later the game is still waiting to be played,supper is ready to be cooked,my house cleaning oops I didn't have time again today grinGame boomers I'd be lost some where if I couldn't come here wave
Posted By: MsMercury

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/02/08 11:03 AM

It's the first place I come to almost every day and it does interfere with game time, TV time, housework time...I'd be lost without GB. It's generated a new vocabulary in our house...hubby will say "What are you doing, GameBoomering again?" or the conversation goes something like:

Hubby: "Would you mind getting me a coffee?"
Me: "Oh, okay...in a minute."
Hubby: "Would that be in a real minute or a GameBoomer's minute??" rotfl
Posted By: jldcat

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/02/08 02:49 PM

Any time I go on the internet during the day it goes like this, open my email and while that is loading go to Bigfish and while that is opening go to gameboomers. Then about half an hour later I realize that I have my email and Bigfish open.......after those are read, back to gameboomers. I'm on here about 3 or 4 times a day.
Posted By: Teddo

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/02/08 03:35 PM

I check in lots and lots of times all day long. I love having a group of friends that don't make my telephone ring or stop in for coffee at inconvenient times. I definitely check in before I go to bed, most times delaying my going to bed. Who knows, maybe somebody has said something interesting or funny and if I don't look, I might miss it. What was life like before Gameboomers? I can't remember. Teddo
Posted By: Carrie

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/02/08 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Teddo
..... I love having a group of friends ..... What was life like before Gameboomers? I can't remember. Teddo
... And if I may add to this -- it's the fact that our cozy circle of GameBoomers friends is worldwide. That, to me, is both amazing... and wonderful.
Posted By: Kelly Stiver

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/03/08 02:48 AM

Or our GameBoomers friends may be spread all over all the planets, moons, asteroids, and galaxies in The Heavenly Worlds of God's Kingdom--this from me, an alien who lives on the planet Acca (tee-hee, joke); now to be serious: yes, it's super, super, super having all you nice people on GameBoomers to help me with my computer games. Before I came here to GB, I used to have to rely on my teenaged nephew to help me with my games and computer problems. But now that my nephew's way, way too busy for that, Something drew me to register here on GB last April 2007, & now I believe that Something might've been God telling me to register here on GB. And yes, I take a quick peek at something here on the forums at GB...and before I know it several hours to half a day and sometimes whole days go by without me having time to play these new games that I got. Or editing my photos. Or taking a walk, etc., etc., etc.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Game Time Lost - 01/03/08 10:03 AM

I to have found GameBoomers to be a very special place. It is the only place I visit in the morning when I first get up. Like Cailyn I have my first cup of coffee here in Joe's Diner. I've made special friendships worldwide on GB. Thank you all who created GB and keep it such a warm, friendly and helpful place!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community