GB HOMEPAGE

Favourite Game of 2007

Posted By: Rushes

Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/01/08 09:56 PM

So we're into 2008, with some great gaming ahead of us - lots of exciting new titles set to be released over the coming months. grin

What was everyone's favourite adventure game of 2007?

I played many great games last year, but after some consideration I think my absolute favourite would have to be Culpa Innata. Epic. The story was indepth and engrossing; it kept me glued to my chair for an entire week - 30 hours of solid gaming enjoyment, you can't ask for more than that. The puzzles were original, too, and a lot of fun. I particularly enjoyed the conversations and choosing just the right question that would disarm the interviewee. The gameworld was vast; a lot of running around, but that wasn't a problem. Culpa Innata may even edge its way onto my all-time Top 10 list. smile
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/01/08 10:21 PM

East Side St... eh, I mean Darkness Within. A superb game.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/01/08 10:46 PM

I can't remember what I played at the beginning of last year.
But recently I enjoyed Evil under the Sun for the story, RHEM 3 for the puzzles, and Anacapri for eye candy.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/02/08 11:04 AM

Cupla Inata was a fantastic game once I learned to use the controls properly. I just saw Darkness Within recently and wondered if it was a good game.
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/02/08 01:25 PM

There were so many, hard to decide: Darkness Within, Limbo of the Lost, Culpa Innata, Anacapri in that order. Sorry, thought Ghost in the Sheet was pants.

Kaki's sister-you will love Darkness, similar to Scratches but even scarier!
:newyear:
Posted By: jldcat

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/02/08 02:44 PM

Hands down, Darkness Within!! The ONLY game EVER to scare the beejeebers out of me.
Posted By: Jess519

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/02/08 03:03 PM

If we're talking strictly games released in 2007, none of the games from this year just blew me away but I'd have to pick Culpa Innata. Just finished it last night and enjoyed it -- great story and an interesting future world. Darkness Within would probably be first for me with just a couple tweaks to the game, I did love it.

If we're talking favorite game I played this year, regardless of when it was released, it would have to be Sam & Max Season One. Had never played it and absolutely loved it.

smile

-------

Posted By: old lady

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/02/08 05:13 PM

I agree - Darkness Within - it got everything right - good story,good graphics, good sound, no tech glitches and a score at the end. Perfect. bravo

East End story as a very,very close second - again good story,wonderful graphics, nice music, no tech glitches but no score which is why it is 2nd,- Sorry Mikael wave
Posted By: misa

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/02/08 07:35 PM

I'd have to say Culpa Innata.
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/02/08 08:20 PM

I have to say that Dead Reefs was my fave of 2007. Really liked ND Crystal Skull as well! I have to have that balance between easy (Destination Treasure Island) and having to use a walkthrough (Darkness Within) to make a game a favorite!
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/02/08 08:50 PM

My fave is Darkness Within great game!
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/02/08 09:10 PM

I've had so little time to concentrate on AG games this year I've played very few! I've a lot to catch up on in my stack & a few to buy (I worry that if I don't buy them ASAP I might not be able to get them later - just have to see what financial damage was done for Christmas before going ahead!) So, of the 2007 games I've played (I can remember as being this year): Runaway 2, The Awakened, Eastside Story, Last Half of Darkness & currently 2/3rds through White Wolf of Icicle Creek I think I would have to nominate Last Half of Darkness - The Spirit Within. The Awakened was excellent but the interface made me dizzy, Eastside Story (wonderful otherwise) had some tedious parts to it (sorry Mikael), White Wolf has too much padding to kill time instead of getting on with it! - so that leaves 2 & I think Last Half of Darkness wins over Runaway 2! smile
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/02/08 11:20 PM

Definitely have to say The Last Half of Darkness: Beyond the Spirit's Eye. It has everything I want in a game. happydance

Ana wave

Posted By: Dineke

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/03/08 12:33 AM

Is Runaway 2 from 2007?
Otherwise it will be Evil under the sun
Sacred Rings was also very good. grin wave
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/03/08 12:52 AM

I haven't gotten even close to finishing all the 2007 games but I have played LHOD 2, Runaway 2, Dead Reefs, Wintersun and Next Life as well as N.D. Crystal Skull.

Of the games completed my vote goes with Dead Reefs. While the keyboard was irritating the game was well worth the extra bother.

Just MHO wave
Linda
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Favourite Game of 2007 - 01/03/08 01:50 AM

None of the above, I was enchanted (because Joey is a ghost, of course) with Blackwell Unbound for my fave for 2007. I also liked The Blackwell Legacy but I think that came out in 2006.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community