GB HOMEPAGE

Need personal recommendation...

Posted By: Tomer

Need personal recommendation... - 01/03/08 05:24 PM

Hello! smile
So, I've decided I want to try a new adventure, it's been a while...
I've noticed many people here liked "Still life", and also saw a sequel is planned to be released in 2008... I said, oh well, I oughta get ready, and decided I want to get it.
I also noticed that the prices in justadventure's shop are really cheap, and here where I live (Israel) I would have gotten it in twice the price, including shipping!
But, if I add *another* game to the shipping, the shipping for the other game is half the price (4$ instead of 8$... greedy greedy smile ).
So I decided - heck - I better buy two games then! smile

So I'm really having a hard time deciding.
I haven't played many recent game: I played Cleopatra (which I kinda liked)...

About my taste: I love good, morbid, heavy, artistic games. I adore the Myst series. I adore the Gabriel Knight series.
Also enjoyed Monkey Island, the dig, day of the tentacle, and other classics...
But I know I really love a good, interesting immersing plot, and really enjoy hard, yet logical puzzles (Myst rules in that criteria). I also enjoy good graphics, although of course as an adventure gamer I can't be too picky smile.
I'm having a conflict mostly on : one of the Rehm's, beyond atlantis 2 (atlantis 3), Aura, Black mirror, broken sword 1+2 dvd case, and others I'm probably forgetting.

I'm trying to keep the price low - meaning - a game that's at least below 15$.
What do you guys think I MUST play?
I really appreciate reading/responding!

Love!
Tomer.
Posted By: ron.etti

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/03/08 06:03 PM

Hi Tomer,
I would go to the list for 2006.
You can see the top ten the Boomers liked and compare
the price you want to pay on the other site.
There are many games on that list that are as good
or better then the pricey new ones.
Their just as fun to play a year later. Ron
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/03/08 07:03 PM

I would advice you to get Post Mortem which is of a prequel? to Still Life anyway. That way you get two great games and can better understand what happens in Still Life, I'd guess...

If you don't want that you could get Syberia or Secret Files: Tunguska...

Posted By: niteowl07

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/03/08 07:09 PM

Tomer - if you think Myst rules , you will enjoy all the Rhem series - so I would recommend Rhem 1 - and the graphics are beautiful as the story moves on. Enjoy !
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/03/08 07:13 PM

I'd recommend Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, which is a great game. NiBiRu might also be just what you're looking for, with a good story, beautiful graphics and enjoyable puzzles. Have fun with whichever game you choose!

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/03/08 07:14 PM

ron.etti - I only mannage to see the list of 2007. Does it matter though? Why did you pick 2006?

Karsten, thank you, that's a good suggestion - post mortem. I read some reviews though, and I'm having a hard time deciding whether I'll like it or not...
Is it strongly related to Still Life?
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/03/08 07:17 PM

I don't know if its strongly related to Still Life. I have just heard people talking about Post Mortem as sort of prequel to Still Life. Maybe some characters appear in Still Life that also appeared in Post Mortem ?

It's been a while since I've played these two games, so I can't really remember now. However, you can always check out the reviews forboth games here on Gameboomers...

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/03/08 07:35 PM

Thank you all!
I'll check on nibiru, have heard good things about it.
Rushes - should I really try Rehm 1 before the others? Is it related? I know there should be some really good puzzles in these games, but is the plot of any significence? By the way, I've checked the screenshots for Rehm 3. It looks rather bad, in my eyes, so I'm "afraid" to know how Rehm 1 looks like smile
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/03/08 08:17 PM

First I would recommend Aura as it is most Myst-like in my opinion from the games you listed followed closely by Beyond Atlantis II.

From the list you made Broken Sword 1 & 2 are similar in gameplay to The Dig and all 3 were great fun.

If you don't like the graphics from Rhem 3 you would be equally upset with Rhem 1 & 2. Great games but similar graphics in all 3 games. I have played both Rhem games and they are definitely Myst-like with the puzzles but not as "pretty" maybe.

Have a blast whatever you choose,
Linda wave

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/04/08 11:17 AM

lol... I still can't decide!!!
But thank you... I guess it's up to me now smile

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/04/08 04:11 PM

ok, I've ordered 3 games, lol!!! I just couldn't decide!
But now I'm gonna have to hold myself, and not buy any games for now.
Well... except Gray Matter....

And...
the sequal to still life...
and...
umm...
shh.
Posted By: Gillan

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/04/08 04:13 PM

Another game very much like the Myst series is Alida. When deciding on what game to purchase next I always check the reviews!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/04/08 04:30 PM

That's great Tomer, so which ones did you order? grin

Re: Need personal recommendation... - 01/04/08 07:42 PM

I ordered Still life, Nibiru and beyond atlantis 2 (it just looked too magical).
© 2024 GameBoomers Community