GB HOMEPAGE

ND:Crystal Skull

Posted By: Tracy

ND:Crystal Skull - 01/09/08 01:14 AM

Hi everyone. I just finished playing ND:Crystal Skull today (with alot of help from MaG's walkthrough! lol) and I just wanted to post because I'm among those who haven't been "in love" with some of the more recent ND games. Well, I was pleasantly surprised with this one--I haven't fallen in love with a ND game this way in a long time and I've enjoyed every minute of Crystal Skull! smile

Sure some things are different---like the books where you save your games, the clock at the bottom left, etc. and I really do miss those old touches. But despite that, I had a wonderful time and didn't miss them as much as I thought I would!

Cheers to HER Interactive for a great game---I think that someone might've been listening to our topics and got inspired to go back to some tried and true great ideas for this game.

I'm thrilled and I hope you guys will be too! smile

Cat
Posted By: nickie

Re: ND:Crystal Skull - 01/09/08 01:27 AM

I'm always thrilled to see a positive post, so glad you liked the game! I too had become rather disenchanted with the series, but thought this one was a lot of fun.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: ND:Crystal Skull - 01/09/08 07:25 PM

I've enjoyed all of the recent ND games - even White Wolf, which lots of people have had niggles with, over the chores and the admittedly horrible Fox & Geese. sick

Crystal Skull was a definite return to the taking-lots-&-lots-of-notes style of ND, which is a Good Thing. It was a difficult game (in parts), but great fun, and certainly one of my favourites of the series. grin

Re: ND:Crystal Skull - 01/10/08 01:25 AM

So glad to hear that you guys enjoyed it too; thanks for your responses to my post! smile

Cat
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: ND:Crystal Skull - 01/10/08 02:47 AM

Hi catbelly36 ..

While I agree the Skull was a better game then previous ones.

I was not happy with the constant puzzles...To me the game was geared towards puzzles & not mystery or detective searching..

I know some boomers love all those puzzles...But if I wanted puzzles I would buy casual games...

But thats just my opinion

Re: ND:Crystal Skull - 01/10/08 04:43 AM

Thanks for your input Darleen. I have felt that way about other ND games in the past so I know what you mean. For some reason it didn't bother me w/ this one though---maybe because I loved the whole spookey graveyard/rainy day atmopshere so much. Having that I probably wouldn't have minded doing only puzzles (and I am usually not a puzzle person! lol)

Cat
Posted By: Jhart320

Re: ND:Crystal Skull - 01/10/08 02:50 PM

I have played all the ND games and loved most of them. I didn't like the snowmobiling in White Wolf. I had a lot of trouble with it and it took forever to get passed that. I loved the Crystal Skull. It was right up there with Blackmoor Manor my favorite. I am a real ND fan and was a bit discouraged by a few of the games but things are looking up again.

Joy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community