GB HOMEPAGE

Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot!

Posted By: Blairdy

Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 03/29/07 03:57 PM

I just saw a brilliant review of SH3 on Gamespot :
"Both true to the character of Sherlock Holmes and a rip-roaring pulp adventure in its own right, The Awakened is a must-play game."

Played it already and quite happy with it! thumbsup
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 03/29/07 04:03 PM

Thanks Blairdy and wave
Posted By: +Oblivion+

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/12/07 08:55 PM

To bad it isn't in stores, the wait for the shipping will kill me! anyone know any stores it is in?

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/12/07 09:43 PM

It is not released here in the states yet Oblivion. Your fastest service will probably come from InteractCd which you can access directly by clicking on the Yellow Interact on the top of the forum.

Ana wave
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/13/07 08:29 AM

Mmmm, Gamespot gives the release date as March 2007, whereas in Europe it was released in February. I played it as well and although i liked the story and generally the game i felt dizzy when playing it and always got headaches at the end of playing. The way you see things and move your head and so on caused this but it's a good game overall, certainly deserved the 8.3.
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/13/07 02:50 PM

It was the best adventure game I played this year so far!

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/14/07 06:07 PM

Hey, If I buy this game on the web site in yellow above, does it come in a case? If so, is it like other game cases with the nice booklets and cd cases, ect. or is it simple packaging with like only the cd. If so then I'll just download it via the main site rather than waiting till Wednesday. duh help help
Posted By: MaG

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/14/07 06:10 PM

Oblivion,

If you order it new from InteractCD, you do get the physical box with all the accompanying items.

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/14/07 06:10 PM

It comes in a box with a manual and a CD in a flimsy plastic that scratches the heck out of the CD.

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/14/07 06:12 PM

So your saying it comes with a manual, advertisement paper things, cd, cover, and then the box?

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/14/07 06:17 PM

A manual, CD, no ads, and a thin flimsy plastic cover (NOT a CD case, just like a paper sleeve, only plastic)

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/14/07 06:19 PM

Oh okay, I see, was the manual and the cd worth the wait or should I go for the download? I am also one of those people that loves to keep the covers and manuals laugh !

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/14/07 06:22 PM

If you like the physical item, I would order from Interact and get the box. He shis really fast so you'll get it in no time.

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/14/07 06:23 PM

Okay, thank you Ana, I will do that!

thumbsup wave
Posted By: red1970

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/14/07 07:06 PM

I ordered this thru InteractCD and I should be getting it any day. I like to have the actual physical disc then downloading things....it's a security blanket for me I think. I can't wait to play it smile But I'm glad that it got high reviews!
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened gets an 8.3 on Gamespot! - 04/15/07 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by red1970:
I ordered this thru InteractCD and I should be getting it any day. I like to have the actual physical disc then downloading things....it's a security blanket for me I think. I can't wait to play it smile But I'm glad that it got high reviews!
Me too, i have never downloaded any games from the official sites although that is legal, i prefer waiting to get the full package and add to my collection. I prefer having manuals, original cds/dvds and so on.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community