GB HOMEPAGE

'The Sacred Rings'

Posted By: Darlene

'The Sacred Rings' - 04/01/07 03:53 AM

Picked up 'The Sacred Rings' today. Haven't seen many reviews on this yet. Any thoughts?
Posted By: MaG

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/01/07 04:05 AM

Darlene,

The review will be coming - meanwhile, check Becky\'s First Look.

This is the sequel to Aura 1.
Posted By: The Haze

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/01/07 12:47 PM

smile Please allow me to echo Becky's First Look . I have just begun the game and after a few days I'm still sort of languidly wandering around. The game is gorgeous and operates flawlessly. It seems, thus far, to be the type of game I will thoroughly enjoy and be in no hurry to finish.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/01/07 05:58 PM

I finished it recently. Though I enjoyed the first two parts of the game, I did not like the last one (in the lair of the Shadow Legion) at all.
Posted By: Renee

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/01/07 07:16 PM

Jenny, does it run okay under WinXP Service Pk 2? I went to the official website, but it doesn't list the specs...(just wondering before I buy) think
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/01/07 07:18 PM

I found the game to be very glitchy renne but others didn't. I have service pack 2.

Ana wave

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/01/07 07:22 PM

Specs are listed here
http://www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/sacred_rings/index.html
Posted By: Renee

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/01/07 07:29 PM

Thanks, Jenny - that's what I was looking for. I went to www.thesacredringsgame.com from a google search, but it didn't list any specs!

I'll have to see how it runs on my pc, Ana. Sometimes these games are a bit glitchy on mine, too.

wave
Posted By: teresa

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/02/07 01:23 AM

Just started it and am loving it. Graphics good and puzzles just like the old time games. Lives up to the first Aura and then some. This is the first game in months that is a genuine adventure game. Enjoy it, I am
Posted By: SuMac

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/02/07 11:37 PM

I am loving this game so far. I'm playing on a computer that just barely meets the minimum specs and I did have one major freeze-up during an early part of the game. But I reloaded an earlier save and was able to play through. I'm about half-way through the game now, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed (except when I have to use the mouse)that I can make it through to the end.

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/03/07 03:29 AM

wave Great feedback! Have yet to install the game. I'm currently playing this highly-addictive, ridonculous, 'Jewel Quest' and 'Jewel Quest 2' simultaneously and it's eating up all my waking at-home hours. 'Sacred Rings' packaging looks intriguing, and I'm looking forward to starting this adventure! Did start the original 'Aura', worked my way through most of it, however, for some reason, did not finish the game. I plan to finish 'Sacred Rings'. smile
Posted By: Happy Gamer

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/03/07 01:35 PM

I hope this isn't a spoiler or just "rumor" but I read on internet that the last portion of Sacred Rings has lots of dying??? Anyone know about this??? Of course I bought the game but just want to be prepared. Thanks think
Posted By: MaG

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/03/07 01:41 PM

Happy Gamer,

Dying as in 'game ends' when the gamer makes a mistake or dying as in lots of people going to the netherworld?
Either way - I didn't experience it in the end game. Love this game.

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/03/07 02:43 PM

The third part of the game (in the Shadow Legion's lair) does have potential for dying. It's one of the reasons I didn't like the third part. You can open a door and guards will be there and getcha. And the game doesn't autosave your position before your bad decision, so if you haven't saved in the last hour, you've got a lot of replaying to do. It's not dying all the time like in a shooter. But unless you're using a walkthrough, you need to be careful where you go.

I'm interested to know what all these people who are enjoying it will think when they get to the third section. Until I got there, I was thinking it was a great game. But the Shadow Legion's Lair was full of nastiness. Although I thought some of the best puzzles were in the third part of the game, I could have done without the nastiness.
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/03/07 03:24 PM

I'm just getting to the third part......I guess I better watch my step and save alot!!! lol Has played well on my XP SP2! Love the game so far and like the fact that I can see 360!!!!!

Nan
Posted By: Dineke

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/04/07 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Haze:
smile I have just begun the game and after a few days I'm still sort of languidly wandering around. The game is gorgeous and operates flawlessly. It seems, thus far, to be the type of game I will thoroughly enjoy and be in no hurry to finish.
I played the demo and this is exactly what my impression of the game was. Can't wait till it is available here happydance
Just hope the third part isn't so unconvenient that it causes sweatty hands and double heartbeating duh
Posted By: Happy Gamer

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/05/07 01:09 PM

Thanks Jenny 100...that was exactly what I had read in more than one review which apparently did frustrate some players while others thought it ruined what was otherwise a great game. Reveiwers didn't see the purpose in constantly being removed by guards with no warning and having to replay tons of the game...I plan to use a walkthru for the third part of game help
Posted By: teresa

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/05/07 03:51 PM

Not enough dying to worry about. Just remember to save frequently. I didnt and got killed(as in the game over) at the cemetry and had to go back and do quite a bit again, had got so interested I forgot to save. Nobody gets sent to the
afterlife. Pure adventure game.
Posted By: Major Pixel

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/06/07 08:50 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by auntiegram:
<strong> I'm just getting to the third part......I guess I better watch my step and save alot!!! happydance I'm impressed with music and graphics too. laugh
Posted By: deleterman

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/08/07 03:00 AM

Hi boomers,has anyone had problems with the sound and chopiness of the movements?
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/08/07 03:33 AM

no, not me --- this game is beautiful

inferno
Posted By: Tracy

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/08/07 05:15 AM

Hi Deliterman. I just tried playing the demo version and for me, it was definitely choppy as far as the sound goes, and occasionally the video as well. I think I'm going to go look at the computer specs for this game and make sure I have things up to par....I'd hate to buy it if I can't play it on my machine! smile

PS Will let ya know how it goes.

Cat
Posted By: deleterman

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/08/07 07:31 PM

Hi catbelly; i have the full version 4 disc loaded and play with no disc in the computer. i have way more that is needed to play this game and it still choppie and the sound echos over and over..video at cut scenes very choppie and audeo hit or miss other than that its great..i am using win xp. thumbsup deliterman.
Posted By: The Haze

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/08/07 11:33 PM

smile frown Oddly, I agree with most of you. I too have almost finished the game. The 'game' sections run smoothly but the long, and even the slightly long, cutscenes are a real problem. they are choppy and awkward. I also have a few problems saving over an already saved scene. (I have needed to do that with only 8 save slots.)

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/09/07 04:25 PM

wave Good morning all. I did install the game, watched the intro, am at the very, very beginning where he has to 'fix the iron door' and the guy is snoring on the bed, so I have not yet really begun the game. I've been addicted to 'Jewel Quest'. Since reading this great feedback, I may give it a try today to see if I experience the same problems. As far as the intro and beginning of play, it's a smooth as silk...

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/09/07 04:56 PM

I had no problems with the audio or video in cut scenes. The mouths moved when they talked, though not in lipreading quality.
Posted By: Tracy

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/10/07 09:03 PM

Deliterman--Hmmm...sounds like people are having those problems on and off. Oh well. I think I'll get the game anyway and give it a shot and see how it goes. smile

Hope it gets better for ya. smile

Cat
Posted By: cailyn

Re: 'The Secred Rings' - 04/10/07 09:13 PM

Hi,I finished the game and did not experience Audio or Video problems,no problem saving over other saves either.I thought it was a great game and that ran with out any glitches.I played it on Windows XP wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community