GB HOMEPAGE

Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans!

Posted By: misa

Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/29/08 04:58 PM

I signed up with Big Fish Games and have a credit to use. I haven't played any ND games and the reviews tend to be scattered. Out of these, which one was your favourite?

Curse of Blackmoor Manor
Danger by Design
Danger on Deception Island
Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
Legend of the Crystal Skull
Secret of the Old Clock

Also, do I need to play them in order (any character spoilers?) or are they all pretty much standalone?

I know everyone has different game preferences as far as style, story, plot. The ones that I've enjoyed off the top of my head are Culpa Innata, Black Mirror, Nibiru, Still Life, TLJ. My all-time favourites though would be the GK series.

Thanks for any input!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/29/08 05:13 PM

Curse of Blackmoor Manor, hands down.

You can play them in any order you want. You will get references to other games but that's all.

Ana wave

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/29/08 05:34 PM

Thanks Ana! I just wasn't sure if there would be character spoilers like the GK series if you play them out of order. smile
Posted By: nickie

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/29/08 05:37 PM

Ditto - I think Blackmoor may have had the toughest puzzles but was the most fun for me.

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/29/08 05:50 PM

Well it sounds like I'll just have to buy that with my credit. I like tough puzzles -- makes me feel like I accomplished something! laugh
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/29/08 07:55 PM

Hi misa, my preference is in this order:

Danger on Deception Island
Last train to Blue Moon Canyon
Curse of Blackmoor Manor
Danger by Design
Legend of the Crystal Skull
Secrets of the Old Clock

But not to upset the applecart! - Nancy Drew games vary & if you like tough puzzles you've been given very good advice by BrownEyedTigre & nickie - I have fond memories of Curse of Blackmoor Manor - it is the game that led to my 1st post on GameBoomers! To follow, Legend of the Crystal Skull might appeal as it almost entirely consists of solving a sequence of puzzles! smile

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/29/08 08:01 PM

Thanks for your input too Chrissie! I signed up for a 12 month membership on Big Fish so games are only $6.99 so if I like Curse of Blackmoor Manor, I will probably get Legend of the Crystal Skull next month or check out Danger on Deception Island. smile

Blackmoor Manor has been purchased, downloaded and installed. I'll probably start it tonight!
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/29/08 09:12 PM

Hi misa..

My choice from your list is: Curse of Blackmoor Manor..<Favorite

Happy Gaming monky
Posted By: Dineke

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/29/08 10:17 PM

Hi Misa, I liked them all, the ones you mentioned and i have the whole series, but the one i would play again fom your list would be Danger on Deception Island. wave
Posted By: BeaSong

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/30/08 03:58 AM

Haven't played Blue Moon Canyon
or Crystal Skull yet, but of the rest of
your list I liked Danger on Deception Island the best.
luck
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/30/08 09:57 AM

Even though it's not on your list misa the ND called the Secret of the Scarlet Hand was a great game with lots of puzzles.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/30/08 02:05 PM

Blackmoor Manor
I haven't finished Crystal Skull, but it has been good so far.

I liked the idea of Old Clock (Nancy in the 1940's) but it wasn't put together as well as most of the others -- too many dexterity dependent "challenges" and not enough exploration of the gameworld. The actual sleuthing wasn't as good as in other Nancy games.

One that you haven't listed is Ghost Dogs.
Ghost Dogs and Blackmoor Manor are my favorites (and Crystal Skull may become another once I finish it). I also liked Royal Tower, mainly because it took place in a castle.

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/30/08 04:53 PM

Jenny, good to know about the dexterity dependent challenges in the Secret of the Old Clock. I may skip that one! smile
Posted By: msblue

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 01/30/08 05:29 PM

I liked Curse of Blackmoor best because the puzzles were more challenging.
Posted By: PMcOuntry

Re: Need opinions from Nancy Drew fans! - 02/01/08 05:03 AM

Ghost Dogs was my favorite but I'm thinking of getting them off eBay in order again to replay. I've played them all since the beginning and I don't remember them all... I hate that.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community