GB HOMEPAGE

Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played?

Posted By: Phoebe

Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 02:08 AM

Hey, I have a question for all Boomers.

Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played?

For me it was:

Tex Murphy:The Directive Pandora - Puzzles that they are one challenge, very difficult but is my fav game.

Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 02:25 AM

I would say that Obsidian is probably the toughest game I've played so far, but I love it anyway.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 02:36 AM

Hi...

I would have to say Voyage was most difficult for me...

The game dealt with alot of mathematics...Which I am not good at...But I did manage to finish it grin
Posted By: bigmamma1

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 02:57 AM

The game I'm playing right now-Prince of Persia Sands of time. If any game was more difficult than this, I wouldn't play it.
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 03:02 AM

Broken Sword 3: Sleeping Dragon. Too much stealth and action for my weary hands and heart.
Posted By: RayBres

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 04:21 AM

That had to be Lighthouse, many years ago. smile
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 04:55 AM

If I eliminate any game that was difficult because of dexterity "challenges"...

I thought Schizm had the hardest puzzles.
The first and third RHEM games were also difficult -- lots to keep track of.
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 07:12 AM

Phoebe, Tex Murphy was my first adventure game and the reason i'm an adventure gamer. hearts
Any way that was nothing comparing with Uru: Ages beyond Myst...
Even with a walkthrough and i didn't knew what to do... And after that i must say Mysterious Journey: Chamelleon... Oh my G*d... smashpc
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 07:31 AM

Light house yes those gas pipes when you are under ground but what a good game
Posted By: SkeeterUK

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 11:08 AM

Fate of atlantis, the sunstones gave me huge problems in figuring it out and also some of the atlantian puzzles as well as that device you use to pinpoint a location in some ruins where u measure level and distance.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 11:09 AM

I found Rhem 2 to be very challenging, but well worth the effort!
Posted By: Shany

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 12:07 PM

Discworld 1. Lots of puzzles that have little to no hints, dead-ends, lots of pixel hunting, and a horrible map screen that you had to pixel hunt for locations and at one point follow someone (not fun).
Posted By: Mary

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 01:23 PM

For me it was Black Dahlia. I loved the game, but the puzzles had me pulling out my hair; my walkthrough had a good workout.
Obsidian was also tough, but fun.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 02:58 PM

Schizm for me. I think this was the third game I played and I enjoyed it, but the math in other than base 10 was hardwall

Thank God for walkthroughs. wave
Posted By: misa

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 04:07 PM

I'd have to say Obsidian (but like the others, I loved every minute of it) and maybe a couple of insane timed puzzles in Myst 4. Even without the timed issues, some of those puzzles were still tough!
Posted By: Lagavulin

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 06:44 PM

headscratch

Up til now I would say Ripper devil, Black Dahlia hardwall and Schizm headscratch. Hard BUT great games.

Cheers

Posted By: gamenut

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 09:24 PM

Myst IV...not just because some of the puzzles were difficult mentally BUT because of the timed puzzles !!! crystal chair, mangree hop...and also rubbing that serpent was aggravating...and Myst V-writing on the slate!!! I enjoyed the graphics and story in those games but because of the aggravation they are not at my 'fave to play' list-i will probably NEVER replay them because of the timed areas. For sheer enjoyment (and even though puzzles really hard..but not physically so)...i loved Riven (still do!)..the water effects in that game are still incredible and haven't seen anything to equal yet!! Alida was hard for me..you were never quite sure if you had solved the puzzle...Schizm i started and was 3/4 thru it several years ago and the pc went bust so i never got to finish it (so i still have it to look forward to again!)but i thought it had very difficult puzzles. Enjoyed Rhem 1 a lot (yep-hard puzzles but i liked the wandering around and exploring!!) getting ready to re-start Rhem 2, and SO looking fwd to Rhem 3 !
Posted By: Tomer

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 10:25 PM

Probably Riven.

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 11:37 PM

Hey Boomers,

I want add more games in my list of most difficult.

Myst IV and Black Dalhia, very difficult puzzles, but i loves this games.

Posted By: ron.etti

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 01/31/08 11:40 PM

I am with Tomer RIVEN.. But its my all time favorite
Posted By: metamorphium

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/01/08 09:31 AM

Hmm, I'd say maybe Blue Ice or Black Dahlia. Those were true challenges. And I didn't solve the hidden puzzle in Blue ice. frown
Posted By: Tomer

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/01/08 01:35 PM

Guys, it's an interesting subject to make a list about - from the hardest to the easiest...
I really like challanges, and would be glad to play some really hard games. I would love to see such a list...

Maybe someone can... do something?
Posted By: Becky

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/01/08 02:57 PM

Tomer -- I think that would be very difficult to do. grin Because people's impressions of difficulty levels vary so much. For instance, I thought Myst IV was significantly harder than Riven. Obviously other people would disagree.

I think a thread like this one where people mention the games they thought were difficult is as close as we can get. Actually placing them in order of difficulty would be much more debate-able (if you know what I mean).
Posted By: Bristol

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/01/08 07:23 PM

Hardest for me were the math puzzles in Rama. I couldn't figure out how to use the scientific calculator so painstakingly worked out each puzzle by hand on loads of paper!
Posted By: Martin

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/05/08 02:01 AM

That must be Schizm, just the gas collector alone must be one of the hardest puzzles ever designed, and I normally like math puzzles. This is followed by URU/Myst Online, Kadish Tolesa was just the most unfair age in any Myst.
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/05/08 02:09 AM

Right up at the top of my list would be Schizm and Rhem--my mind apparently just doesn't work the right way for games like that!!

Just to highlight the difficulty Becky was talking about in ranking the games--Uru/Kadish was one of my favorite parts of that game, although I will admit that I didn't even try to do the column puzzle without a strategy guide...blush
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/05/08 09:08 AM

Codename: Iceman, I never did get past that enemy sub.
Posted By: Duca

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/05/08 04:52 PM

Next life! Timed puzzles are killing me!
Posted By: marie

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/05/08 05:14 PM

Yes, Schizm was pretty diffucult, but the second time I played it I liked I enjoyed it more.
Posted By: DragonFish

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/06/08 06:03 AM

I think Schizm Mysterious Journey would be that hardest for me as I never finished it because I couldn't get past the part where you need to raise the two bridges by beating a type of computer game from memory.

However I've kept my saved games just in case I ever get around to having another go at it, and having recently joined GameBoomers Forum to get help with Next Life, I'll see if anyone has a solution or saved game to move me forward.

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/06/08 06:35 AM

I thought the sentinal was difficult to.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/06/08 07:24 AM

Hi DragonFish -- I don't remember if I welcomed you to GameBoomers. If not -- welcome! welcome lol

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/06/08 10:33 AM

Hey loads of us dragons about welcome We also have a scarlet dragon to

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/06/08 11:12 PM

Thanks for the welcome Becky and Dragonuk, I've been a big fan of GB for a few years and now enjoying my first experience in a forum. smile
Posted By: Sally(MG)

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/07/08 04:03 PM

Return to Zork was the hardest for me. It was a long time ago but I remember getting stuck a lot. Then there was the impossibility that was Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Both of which I couldn't even IMAGINE without a wt.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/07/08 05:51 PM

Welcome to Gameboomers Duca and DragonFish! With all the dragons here, I just had to post. grin
I would have to vote for Blue Ice as well. I never could figure out what to do with that one, and never finished it. Or maybe Space Bar - that was a toughie.

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/08/08 04:12 AM

Thanks Nickie, I also found the Rhem/s impossible without a walkthrough to take me through nearly every step of the way, so not as enjoyable as the games where you get that satisfaction of working it out for yourself.
Go Dragons smile

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/13/08 06:34 PM

Welcome Dragon! welcome
Posted By: Joan A

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 02/13/08 08:31 PM

Rama was my most difficult. Having to use three different types of math systems, and then the timed nuclear bomb at the end - never did finish it. Although I did love the game.
Posted By: Jehane

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 03/12/08 02:06 AM

Myst was pretty difficult; I didn't even finish it because when I reached the third world, I was already fed up with the game. The puzzles were too difficult for me; I'm not much of a technical or logical person, at least not in a myst-ish way. Another game I gave up on because of its difficulty was Atlantis 3. I loved the style and managed to get through the first episode without major problems. The Bagadad episode, however, was incredibly hard, the difficulty just went up a few notches. Still haven't solved that one puzzle involving small drawers...
Keepsake had some difficult puzzles as well but the game was so beautiful to look at that I didn't mind. The hint feature came in handy, too grin

The most difficult final puzzle I ever encountered until now was in The Moment of Silence. Even when I looked it up in a walkthrough I didn't get it. To be honest: I still don't get the logic of this puzzle and I know nobody who does smile
Posted By: MaG

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 03/12/08 02:18 AM

Jehane,

Which puzzle at TMOS is that?

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 03/12/08 02:41 AM

The one with the satellites - you know, where you had to adjust five satellites to re-direct the bombs. I just didn't get that puzzle, probably never will smile

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 03/12/08 06:35 AM

I found the Moment of Silence's puzzles logical, so now you do. Or maybe my brain is as warped as the developer's, who knows. grin Welcome to Gameboomers, Jehane! wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 03/12/08 12:52 PM

Jehane,

That puzzle takes several steps.

Click to reveal..
Locate the stations (satellites), know which dish works with what station (satellite), adjust the dishes to point to a non functioning station to sabotage them.

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 03/12/08 01:55 PM

I did understand the general idea of the puzzle; I just didn't know how to figure out
Click to reveal..
which satellite works with which station (I know there were maps on the walls but failed to connect them with the satellites) and, even more difficult, which coordinates to use.
Did I just miss the clues there? This puzzle still bugs me; it's not the first puzzle I needed help with but usually I get the idea of a puzzle as soon as I've looked it up in a walkthrough, slap myself on the forehead and go "Of COURSE, that's how you solve this thing!" Not with this puzzle. Also, the last puzzle in Mystery of the Druids (where you had to put the eight tiles in the stones to release the wand) left me clueless. I knew *what* I had to do but didn't know *how* to do it. Seems my strenghts in puzzles lie elsewhere smile

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 03/12/08 04:00 PM

It's funny how the mind works - there are puzzles that everyone else seems to get in a flash, and I don't at all. grin
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 03/13/08 09:56 PM

Thats true... I might keep on trying a puzzle for days and not getting anywhere and suddenly a friend of mine start trying and it's getting done in a few minutes... mad
Posted By: SuMac

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 03/13/08 11:39 PM

I'm going to add another vote for Lighthouse. I remember playing that game with 3 WT's spread on the floor at my feet. Several times I had to replay major sections of the game because I had worked myself into a dead end, by traveling to different locations without making sure I had transportation to the next location. But I loved the game anyway.
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 03/14/08 01:39 AM

I agree that Myst IV drove me kindof crazy...the Mangaree puzzle where you had to get each one into the right nest was the one I had sooo much trouble with I finally gave up and got a saved game. Also Schizm, Mysterious Journey...the puzzle in the fog... I knew what to do but kept falling and falling...after days of trying, I finally got through that puzzle. I didn't have near the trouble with Rehm 1 & 2. As to Lighthouse just installing it for XP today is a puzzle in itself and I haven't gained the courage for that yet, lol.

Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? - 03/14/08 06:57 AM

one of the hardest but great games Mystt and Sentinal
© 2024 GameBoomers Community