GB HOMEPAGE

I had almost given up on adventures

Posted By: Skye

I had almost given up on adventures - 02/09/08 08:35 PM

Like the post title says, I'd almost given up on adventures after a run of bad luck with some.

Egypt I was nothing but frustration for me and even with a walk-through I was having trouble in the maze-like village just after the first tomb. Stuttering audio that was barely legible and cut scenes that jumped and stuttered did nothing to make my game play any easier.

Egypt II was almost as bad. The game was easier to get through but I still had the same problems with the sudio stuttering and usually only the first few words were heard: thank goodness for the subtitling, at least I could read what was going on. It was the drum puzzle that finally broke the camel's back with that one!

Then came Nautilus which refused to progress beyond the first sentence spoken when you clicked on "new game". This was followed by an attempt to install Odyssey: Search for Ulysses which had a fatal error when trying to install on my Win XP

In a last ditch effort to get an adventure to enjoy on this dreary rainy day I decided to install Realms of Illusion (with fingers and toes crossed)

What a lovely looking game!! It took a little bit to figure out the interface since I purchased this game 2nd hand and have only the disk, no manual. I think I have figured out the strange pointer that appears from time to time (pointing the way to objects that you can interact with). I took a brief look around Eska, Macu and just a pop in and out at Tregett. I think I'm going to really like this game and hope that the rest of my unplayed adventures are at least as good thumbsup

Skye
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/09/08 08:58 PM

Sky, I'm glad you were able to find one that plays and that you enjoy luck
Posted By: Chief

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/09/08 09:10 PM

Reals of Illusion is one of my favorite game. You will love it.

Good luck Skye.

Chief
Posted By: texaslady

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/09/08 09:54 PM

This is a grand game Skye!

Sue
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/09/08 11:05 PM

Ah....The Sentinel. I knew the game sounded familiar, I had to look it up. I enjoyed the game as well. Have fun!

Ana wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/10/08 10:05 AM

Hi Shye. There are lots of wonderful Adventure games out there that have no technical problems. Let us know when you are ready for another classic game. wave
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/10/08 07:22 PM

Oh Sentinal good, good, good game. Is that the one with Sansalard?
Posted By: Chief

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/10/08 07:31 PM

That's the one Yankee. And if I remember, you posted many helps for that game. thumbsup

Chief wave
Posted By: Oranger

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/24/08 04:51 PM

I got the same problem with AURA. The plenty of machines which wouldn't work in reality, spindels and cogwheels, meant to puzzle the gamer's head off...
But the BLack Mirror was a blessing after that!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/24/08 05:06 PM

Aura was loads of fun for people who enjoy puzzles.
And it was pretty to look at too. I get tired of dark and/or dilapidated gameworlds, and they are in the majority. So Aura was a nice change.
Posted By: gamenut

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/25/08 12:00 AM

yes....Aura was a feast for the eyes....really enjoyed it...but i felt the sequel wasn't nearly as good..
Posted By: Oranger

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/25/08 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
And it was pretty to look at too. I get tired of dark and/or dilapidated gameworlds, and they are in the majority. So Aura was a nice change.

Well, landscapes in Aura are fantastic! Screenshots can be framed and posted on the wall, but the gameplay was a bit tiresome to me.
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/25/08 07:02 PM

Ooh, The Sentinel - fantastic game! I hope you are still enjoying it Skye wave

Would it help to tell you I had problems with the games you had problems with? Fortunately I found games like Myst, Aura and Syberia before I tried the same games that turned you off.

Linda

Posted By: Jenny100

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/25/08 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Oranger
Originally Posted By: Jenny100

Well, landscapes in Aura are fantastic! Screenshots can be framed and posted on the wall, but the gameplay was a bit tiresome to me.

I loved the gameplay.
So did my brother.
We had loads of fun with it.
Posted By: Kickaha

Re: I had almost given up on adventures - 02/25/08 11:03 PM

Thanks for that recommendation Jenny100 - I haven't played as many recent games as I could, and I'll add "Aura" to the list I ought to check out.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community