GB HOMEPAGE

Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs

Posted By: birddog

Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs - 02/11/08 04:30 PM

I really prefer mouse point and click, 1st person where the pov is directly ahead of you. Dead Reefs seems really interesting but I am having such trouble mastering keyboard controls. Any helpful ideas? For those of you who like the keyboard, what makes it work for you?

Posted By: MaG

Re: Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs - 02/11/08 05:28 PM

birddog,

Let's wait for some other gamers that changed the settings of the keyboard to help you.
I didn't change mine when I played. After several puzzles and moving around town, I got used to it.
Play more and maybe you'll get used to it too.
It's a fun game.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs - 02/11/08 05:34 PM

I didn't change anything except that I used the shift key to make the character walk instead of run. I found this much easier to control.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs - 02/11/08 06:35 PM

Hi birddog, I'm not a great fan of keyboard control & put off playing this game longer than I intended because of it! I was pleasantly surprised when I did start the game, I used the default settings & got used to them after a while. You can play this game at your own pace so you have plenty of time to 'practise' & IMO it's a game worth making the effort for! smile
Posted By: birddog

Re: Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs - 02/11/08 06:39 PM

Thanks Nickie and Chrissie - I guess I need to have more patience. And if you say the game is worth the effort, it helps.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs - 02/11/08 09:09 PM

The game is worth the effort! I did adjust to the controls, but found myself pressing the wrong keys often, even after practicing. I suspect that the level of adjustment depends on the individual.
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: Keyboard Controls - Dead Reefs - 02/11/08 09:29 PM

I changed my controls so the movements were the arrow keys and the inventory , etc were the numbers 8,4,6,2 . I like to do everything with my right hand!! i got used to it very quickly once i changed it. I loved this game- probly my favorite one of 2007!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community