GB HOMEPAGE

Keyboard x Mouse Point and click

Posted By: Phoebe

Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/12/08 11:47 PM

Hey Boomers,
For me is terrible the control with keyboard, i prefer much more only whit mouse. As a matter of fact i think that a original game of adventure it must be only in mouse point and click.
I think that with keyboard the game like of kind action-adventure.

I want to know wich control all boomers prefers in a adventure?

Hugs
Posted By: Becky

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/12/08 11:51 PM

I'm not partial to keiboard only games. I like point and click and I like using the mouse to pan while using the keyboard to move forward.
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/12/08 11:56 PM

I'll say 70% mouse and 30% what Becky say and this is only for 3rd person adventures. In 1st person i'm 100% mouse or else i'm going seasick... lol
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/12/08 11:59 PM

I am a point & click Gal all the way!!! yay

But....If a game requires the use of the keyboard also I can manage it ok thumbsup
Posted By: Gobobby

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 12:02 AM

Keyboards are for pianists.
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 12:12 AM

rotfl
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 12:13 AM

I agree Cats!Haha! lol lol
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 12:29 AM

I can only play point & click,& I love it.
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 01:08 AM

I prefer mouse, point and click. I have played keyboard and have gotten used to some, but I generally don't buy them unless I make sure how others feel about it from here.

Koalanut :valentines:
Posted By: misa

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 01:27 AM

I generally prefer a mouse but it really depends on the game. A keyboard-only game can work well if the game is designed well. Grim Fandango comes to mind of a great keyboard-only game.
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 01:30 AM

I like them both

inferno
Posted By: Teddo

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 02:03 AM

Generally, if it's not mouse, I don't buy. Having had a stroke some years back, my fingers on one hand work, but on the other, not quickly. I want a game I can enjoy....not frustration. Give me rodents anytime. Teddo
Posted By: Mad

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 05:04 AM

Hi smile

Much prefer point & click thumbsup

But can manage a combination of mouse and keyboard and will even give keyboard only a go - if a keyboard game is so good I just HAVE to play it !! lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 07:11 AM

I am the same as Daleen if I am required to use the key board and I like the game I will.I must admit I tend to like to nose about a lot and do like to get to most places even if there is not a lot there .
Posted By: MsMercury

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Gobobby
Keyboards are for pianists.

My sentiments exactly! rotfl I really don't like keyboard controls.
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 01:15 PM

In adventure games I prefer point and click interface. I can accept keyboard controls if it is with a fixed camera. In RPGs I also prefer point and click but have learned to use keyboard controls.

In the new Poirot game (evil under the sun), I so longed for a way to pan around the environment that you get when a game is (full) 3D. it would have been much easier for me to move Poirot around then.

Posted By: JennyP

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 02:20 PM

I get in a muddle with keyboard controls, I want to concentrate on the game not curse at keyboards so would always opt for mouse control.
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 04:14 PM

I hate the use of the keyboard for the game controls (apart from using the esc to reach the main menu). Point and click everytime for me wave

Bernie monky
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 07:14 PM

Hi Phoebe, I prefer point & click but if a game is enhanced by keyboard control I do wish developers would also make it gamepad compatible - I find a gamepad more intuitive than the keyboard & less distracting! smile
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 08:15 PM

I tend to think twice before buying a keyboard-only game, I just find the controls aggravating.

Having said that, any game which uses the keyboard for movement and simultaneous panning with the mouse works great for me. Overall, though, I prefer plain point & click.
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/13/08 09:31 PM

I definitely prefer mouse-control, but over the years I have finally reached the point where I can at least get through a keyboard-control game. The first one I ever played was Grim Fandango, and poor Manny spent most of his time either turning around in circles, or banging into walls...lol
Posted By: GBC

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/15/08 12:51 AM

Point & click all the way.
Posted By: maggie57

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/15/08 04:41 AM

Ditto-

Point and click all the way, I have two exceptions, The Hobbitt and Oblivion.

maggie wave broccoli
Posted By: colpet

Re: Keyboard x Mouse Point and click - 02/15/08 12:19 PM

Point and click only. I won't buy a game that has keyboard control.
Posted By: red1970

Good ole point n' click games - 02/20/08 02:28 PM

I'm an old fashioned gamer who loves a classic point n' click game and for some reason, when a much anticipated new game arrives on the scene but has a keyboard interface - I get highly disappointed. Am I alone in that? I find that I just can not play any games with a keyboard - maybe I'm not coordinated enough?! So I end up having those types of games collect dust on my bookshelf or better yet, a paper weight!

Tell me I'm not alone in my old fashioned ways!? Which interface do you prefer? Point and click or keyboard? Oh and heaven forbid you have to use BOTH the mouse AND the keyboard! LOL
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Good ole point n' click games - 02/20/08 02:33 PM

Hi red1970

I really prefer point & click, but I can tolerate a keyboard like in Dead Reefs if i like the game.. tomato
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Good ole point n' click games - 02/20/08 02:35 PM

Red, I combined your thread with this one we alreay had going since they are the same.

Ana wave
Posted By: old lady

Re: Good ole point n' click games - 02/20/08 02:43 PM

I like point and click because it is simple. 2 buttons to press - left or right. With Dead Reefs I had to keep looking down at the keyboard to make sure I had to right key. Oh so NOT fun hardwall and surely to whole point of playing these games is to have fun.
Posted By: red1970

Re: Good ole point n' click games - 02/20/08 05:13 PM

Thanks Ana, I didn't realize there was another thread going! Sorry smile
Posted By: Iva

Re: Good ole point n' click games - 03/02/08 02:23 PM

Point & click
Point & click
Point & click
Point & click
Point & click

But there are exceptions like Dreamfall, with the use of keyboard that I rally enjoyed
© 2024 GameBoomers Community