GB HOMEPAGE

Aurora: The Secret Within -- EDIT -- Glitch in Downloaded Version

Posted By: Becky

Aurora: The Secret Within -- EDIT -- Glitch in Downloaded Version - 03/05/08 04:58 PM

I was checking out Gamer's Gate (a very nice selection of adventures that you can download there) and noticed that you can download a new horror-themed adventure there, Aurora: The Secret Within.

As far as I know, this is the only way currently to purchase this game.

EDIT: There is a confirmed glitch in this downloaded version. There's more discussion near the end of this thread.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 06:15 PM

That's interesting! Maybe progress then, and the CD will come out in the future.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 06:43 PM

Thanks Becky!

Ana wave
Posted By: VRMpls2

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 07:31 PM

Is this a new game or older one renamed?
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 07:55 PM

will this come out on cd as well
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 08:20 PM

I've had this ordered from Play.com for some time. Just had a message from them to say that they are currently awaiting stock & that the suppliers are experiencing problems & unable to confirm a delivery date. Hopefully that means it will turn up on disc sometime! smile

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 08:29 PM

Every indication is that this is a new game. Although it's possible (at some point) that the game will release on disk, the publisher has not been responsive to emails.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 08:40 PM

Downloading the game now,will let you know what it's like.
Richard

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 08:57 PM

Thanks! I think we're all curious. grin

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 09:24 PM

Installed the game but get a error message. Can't run the game. Will work on it. Error reads (unable to load intro2) what ever that means.
Richard
Posted By: lspace

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 09:39 PM

I downloaded the demo some time ago but never could get it to work. I'm wondering now if the full game will work on my pc? I'll follow this thread to see if others have problems before I buy it.

Kjos: are you using Vista? If so, there is a patch available to enable the game to run under it.

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 09:52 PM

No I'm not using Visa, Ispace. Can't get it to run to bad. Save your money.
Richard

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 10:49 PM

Kjos -- ARGHGHGH! Sorry to hear that. Have you emailed Gamers Gate?

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/05/08 10:53 PM

Not yet but you can be sure I will Becky. cry
Richard
Posted By: jody319

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/16/08 06:30 PM

I didn't get it to work on my computer either, so I emailed GamesGate and they refunded my money rapidly! I think they have been getting lots of complaints, so I don't understand why they don't take it off the list to download. It makes me want to suggest that to them, or either I won't use them if I can use another site if available.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/16/08 06:33 PM

I do not understand jody duh ....why are you upset at a site that immediately took care of you and refunded your money? Many sites don't care if it does not run on your computer and would not refund your money so I would think you would be thrilled.

Ana wave

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/16/08 08:17 PM

is there an english demo for this game please

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/16/08 08:43 PM

Dragon -- our Upcoming page only shows a trailer. Not sure about a demo.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/16/08 08:59 PM

jody,

I also had problems on the installation.
I also downloaded the lates version of the GG downloader.
After customer service contacted me the next day, I worked on it and got it to work.

This is what I didL
1. Uninstall the old version of the GG downloader. Kept only the latest version.
2. Went into the Program Files and deleted all the folders that pertains to Aurora. Like DD-ATSW folder and all its contents.

Then I opened the downloader and downloaded Aurora. It worked.
I have not played the game yet but I just now checked and I saw the intro.

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/16/08 10:15 PM

Thanks Becky its just that when reading down this colum some one said that they had played a demo and I woundered if I had missed it .Would like this game as you know I love the detective ones but would rather have a cd or a demo to check if it will run ok thanks

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/16/08 11:56 PM

I also got my money refunded. couldn't get it to run also. Sure would have liked to play this game. I downloaded the demo a while ago and couldn't get it to run. Don't remember where I got it.
Richard

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/17/08 12:13 AM

Kjos I cant find a demo just a small vidio.I got it to play .It looks sort of old worldy
Posted By: MaG

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/17/08 03:08 AM

I finally looked at the game. It has a major glitch right now.

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/17/08 07:17 PM

think I will leave this one for a while see how it goes .
Posted By: Jehane

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/18/08 12:42 AM

Haven't played the game and so I don't know about any technical stuff but just to answer a question posed earlier in the thread: As far as I know, the original Aurora was Italian; a German version was released last year, with the Italian descriptions for the items left in. Also, from what I've heard from others and read online, the German version didn't have any voice acting. However, Reviews weren't all that bad because the game seems to have a good story and good puzzles.
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/18/08 10:00 AM

I paid for this ages ago. No game, no response to emails, no nothing.
Hopefully this indicates things might be remedied soon.
Otherwise, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/29/08 04:33 PM

The major glitch in the Gamer's Gate version of Aurora has been confirmed by others who've attempted to play it, and this glitch has not been fixed yet.

Until Aurora can be fixed/patched it is not in a form that is playable. I've written to GamersGate to let them know this.

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/29/08 04:48 PM

Thanks Becky I would like to play this game. No trouble getting my money back though. If they fix it I will download it again.
Richard

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/29/08 05:01 PM

It's good to hear that Gamers Gate refunded your money without a problem!
Posted By: marie

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/29/08 07:13 PM

I ordered this game from the Lexicon Ent. site and my order still shows that is pending. I ordered it in September of 07, so its hard to say when I will receive the game. headscratch

Marie wave

Re: Aurora: The Secret Within -- Now Available via Download at Gamers Gate - 03/29/08 08:46 PM

Apparently several people (including GameBoomers staff) who purchased the game through Lexicon have not had their emails answered. The Lexicon site is still live, but it's impossible to tell what's going on with the company. frown
© 2024 GameBoomers Community