GB HOMEPAGE

Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread

Posted By: Retired at last

Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 04:27 AM

Wow - great stuff. Like the black and white graphics - gives an ump to the game. Haven't gotten scared yet - am only at start of night one. But....
Click to reveal..
The presence of the cat at all times in the game gives me the creeps and wondering if he/she is going to me a surprise rotfl at one point

Don't get me wrong ---- I love cats - I have 2 of them who rule my life... will they also rule this game? catrub
RAL wave
Posted By: tinagoss

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 05:29 AM

This is by far the most fun, entertaining, scary, creepy, wonderful, logical, amazing game I have EVER played. It combines the creepiness of Dark Fall with the logical puzzles of Nancy Drew with the story lines of Dark Mirror and wraps it all up in a nice little package. You MUST play this game and in a dark atmosphere. I hate for this game to end. I truly do.
Posted By: Mystic Falls

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 07:49 AM

I've ordered this too and got the message from InteractCD that there was a "hold up" because they had run out of copies!

What a wonderful sign for Jonathon Boakes!
Posted By: maggie57

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 07:54 AM

RAL- devilchili

I am so glad you started this thread. I ordered this game about three days ago and will most likely need help, I always seem to. I am still doing The Witcher and loving it. Got notice from Amazon that it was shipped yesterday.

Take care

maggie wave thanks broccoli
Posted By: MaG

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 12:12 PM

RAL,

About your question concerning 'surprised'; in an indirect way - yes.
Posted By: misa

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 03:05 PM

When you finish the game and get to the credits, the cat "meows" were real meows recorded for the game. The cats who provided the meows even get a credit. smile

Does anyone else think that Mr. Tibbs is an awesome name for a cat? Tee hee! I love cats, I have 5 ruling my household along with my outnumbered dog.
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 04:43 PM

I have been off the adventure games for a long, long while now...I start them and just can't seem to keep up with being interested in them or something. I really want to play this and be interested in it. It sounds like I may have a chance!

WW
Posted By: MousePower

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 05:00 PM

I bet you will love it wysewomon. I haven't had a game tug at my heart like this since I played Dreamfall.
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 08:28 PM

Really! Now I Surely have to play it. I was thinking about Dreamfall just the other day...

WW
Posted By: misa

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 08:32 PM

wysewomon, The Lost Crown is the best adventure game I have played in a very long time! smile
Posted By: Marian

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 09:57 PM

I agree that this game is a must-play. And I also agree with what was said before that the puzzles are logical. I'm very pleased with the degree of challenge; it's thought provoking but not bang-your-head-against-the-wall frustrating. thumbsup wave
Posted By: SuMac

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 10:21 PM

I love the cats, too. I kept clicking on the cat by the fireplace just to hear her meow. And then there was the one sitting on the roof top, and the one who was (or wasn't) in the chest.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/28/08 10:55 PM

I absolutely loved this game. I couldn't stop playing it and I hated it to end. One of the very best games I have ever played. All who have not played yet are in for a wonderful experience.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/29/08 01:16 AM

I am currently playing this game and loving it so far, and reading from reviews this game is huge and i am in day two now and a long way to go. I am not surprised that Dave has ran out of copies.
Posted By: irishgirl1228

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/29/08 02:38 AM

I just started playing this game last week. It is great! A big cheer for Jonathan for creating such an enthralling game! bravo

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/30/08 03:18 AM

Sigh - have to go out of town for a few days and this game doesn't play on my laptop.... so.... means I will have to eventually buy a new laptop... what an addicted gamer won't do.
rotfl
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/30/08 03:50 AM

This was a mystery cocktail made up of some Cold Case, some Stephen King (with the well-thought out characters) tempered with Mr. Boakes' own style and pacing, making it some intense, creepy storytelling. I wish it was a novel as well as a game.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/30/08 05:40 AM

Lost Crown is now on my completed list. Here is my opinion of the game. I loved the ghostbusting part in the house especially with the ghostbusting equipment.

I put it on my favorite list of adventure games for that part was exciting and in the beginning made it as one of my favorite adventure game, very addicting. I Loved the ghostbusting part becaues I had never played a game that allowed me to use the ghostbusting hi tech equipment, especially the computer and setting up the montors on it, to view the ghosts. Cool!

However when the game turned to more treasure hunting, gathering plants,playing organ,turning stones,etc. I got disappointed. There is nothing new in find the treasure games. I have played so many adventure treasure hunting, puzzle games, that I longed for the ghostbusting and using the equipment to expose the ghosts again. I wish there had been more ghosts to exorcise and to talk too.

I would buy a game in a heart beat that would continue on the ghost saga and allow us to use the ghostbusting computer equipment as a main focus of the game.

Suggestion for Jonathan, next time a beautiful mansion would be nice with graphics in color and more interaction with people and ghosts.

Last comment is the ending, I downgraded it from my favorite adventure game, because of the ending. I don't like games where there are loose strings left in the story not tied up. The ending was diaappointing right up there with another of my favorites called "Still Life". The ending ruined it for me.

However, In closing the storyline was interesting and I would recommend to others to buy Lost Crown, I do not regret purchasing it,because there parts of the game that really does make it worth it.

Now waiting for the next Ghostbusting game, and hoping they will use real ghostbusting equipment so it will feel more interactive, and throw in some random ghosts so we can compare what the gamer see's and the time it is shown. If there is a treasure hunt, make it a minor part of the story, and more exorcism and interaction with the ghosts.

i lived in a real haunted house for months, and Jonathan Boakes if your interested believe me, I could give you idea's for your next game. If anyone can tell me how to reach him, I will write him and tell him my experiences in a haunted house in Mountain City Tennessee, we literally ran from that house. I guarantee it would make a frightening game.

Sherryah
Posted By: Gemini25

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/30/08 11:24 AM

I am currently playing and I think I am enjoying it not sure as yet as I have been stuck twice. Have found this frustrating but am looking forward to where the game will take me.

I like the black and white but find Nigel's speech annoying, pausing and emphasising in the wrong places. The rest of the cast are quite good.

I don't think that I have seen as many posts for help before - does anyone know which game has had the most posts from people asking for help? Would be good to know?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/30/08 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Gemini25
I don't think that I have seen as many posts for help before - does anyone know which game has had the most posts from people asking for help? Would be good to know?

Well, they seem to be specific to a certain puzzle that catches most everybody out. The laser puzzle in Still Life, and the Fox & Geese puzzle in Nancy Drew White Wolf, are the two that I'm thinking of right now. That doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of the game is as equally difficult. smile
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/30/08 02:53 PM

Gemini, I have not looked in the Hints forum, but The Lost Crown is one of the most flowing games I have ever played. There is almost no need for a walkthrough because the clues, hunts, nudges were all given to you via speech, notes, objects laying around etc. It was a pleasure to play a game that was so thoughtfully laid out.

Sherryah, The flower hunting, organ playing etc, took all of ten minutes combined in a game that took me at least 40 hours to complete.
The rest of the "treasure hunt" is obviously the basis of the story itself, which is the search of the Lost Crown. If you took that away, it would leave you with no story.
I am sorry you found it inadequate...I thought it was a masterpiece of storytelling and pulled you in to make you feel a part of the setting itself.

Ana wave
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/31/08 01:19 AM

LOL OK Ana, I have to admit gathering the flowers,finding the correct plants and placing them above the door, moving stones, and especially finding what was expected in the caves, took me alot longer to accomplish than 10 minutes. i also admit like many others I got stuck and needed MaG walkthrough and even a save from inferno one time.

The antique shop owner and his Jemima made me laugh outloud. I liked all the characters Nanny Noah being my favorite.

I agree with you about finding the crown was the main focus, and the story flowed smoothly, until the ending which had loose strings in my mind at least.

I loved the game, don't get me wrong. Also as I said the ghostbusting in the house is my favorite. I also loved the part of the game that it is a long game and worth the price tag. I highly recommend the game as I said.

In closing all I am saying is the next game I hope will be all ghostbusting using the computer, hi tech eqipment, and storyline and interaction of setting many ghosts free.

In my opinion what sets the Lost Crown, above the others, no game has let us use ghostbusting equipment. I loved setting up the monitors to watch ghost activity in the house at night. That was my favorite part of the game and wish we had more opportunity to do this, and random manifestations so we could share it with one another. Maybe next game, here is hoping.

Sherryah
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 03/31/08 06:36 AM

Hope there will be another .
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 04/01/08 01:34 AM

Personally, I didn't even REMEMBER organ playing at first, it's such a minor part of the game. It's certainly not a typical 'treasure hunting' game, either. To reduce this particular game to anything like a 'treasure hunt' game is to say the San Francisco Bay bridge is 'just some bridge'. In my opinion, there is way more to this game than that. Sure, after it starts off it seems to try to head that way, but play on and watch it evolve into much more.

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 04/01/08 03:30 AM

Sure am having fun with this game.
Another game that is hip and into the fact that we live in a more accepting world.
Click to reveal..
What I'm refering to here is the conversation between Rhys and Nigel - not the first game with this kind of overtone thumbsup

RAL wave sleep
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 04/01/08 05:17 PM

I agree with you, RAL, it's always nice to get representation. thumbsup
Posted By: popcorneater

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 04/01/08 05:32 PM

Long time no see..

found this game on Amazon by accident and came here to read nickie's review..add that to the discussion and we have me going to get the game as fast as I can

popcorn
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 04/01/08 05:50 PM

Wow! How nice to see your avatar back on board popcorn. I hope life is treating you well.

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 04/01/08 06:20 PM

Hey popcorn -- good to see you! wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 04/01/08 06:27 PM

Hi there popcorneater wave

Great to see you - and hope you will keep visiting bravo

Cheers.

Mad :spring:

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 04/14/08 02:58 AM

Finished the game and really enjoyed it.
Like the black and white effect with touches of colour. If this game had been in colour I think it would have lost some of the suspense elements.
Click to reveal..
Being a cat lover, I was glad to see Mr. Tibbs again. Too bad he wasn't included at the end of the game

I rate this, on a scale of 1 - 10, as 10.
Hope there is a sequel.
RAL wave
Posted By: NMgameguy

Re: Lost Crown - thought I'd start my own thread - 04/14/08 07:57 AM

Have to say I enjoyed the game. For me, it wasn't creepy or scary, but it was purely entertaining. I think the title was misleading, A Ghost Hunting Adventure, it was more of a treasure hunt adventure game, which I was sort of disappointed with, I just wish the ghost hunting was a grand part of the game. But liked the touches of how it tied in with Barrow Hill with Celtic Corner and the horoscope on the radio. Noticed that some of the small clips of music were from Dark Fall 2 and some of the sound effects. Got a kick out of the comic book with the ads for the Dark Fall 1 and 2 comics and Barrow Hill video game. There were little touches that got it right for me, just little things that would bother me in other games. And the best part, I was glad that a super fast computer wasnt needed to play the game. It ran better on Windows 2000 for me, but when I switched to WIndows XP, had problems with saving and graphic gliches., so just went back to Win 2000 to finish it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community