GB HOMEPAGE

Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial

Posted By: Betty Lou

Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 12:46 AM

Has anyone else tried this new game - it is not a Casual Game, but an Adventure Game. I downloaded the free trial this AM and it appears to be available thru Yahoo but I don't remember now (Oh, boy those Senior Moments) where I got the link from...the full game costs $19.95 and is a download......I just played a few of my free 60 minutes and I like it! May just consider BAAGing it. Happy Gaming!
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 12:50 AM

BL, it has been available for quite awhile on BigFish Here.

You can also try Law and Order: Vengeful Heart

If you join the Game Club, you can get them all for 6.99 each.

Ana wave
Posted By: TLC

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 01:10 AM

Law and Order: Vengeful Heart is Criminal Intent, just a different name, I think. I don't know if Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - Dark Obsession is a new game but one of the screenshots looks like its from Criminal Intent. duh wave

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 01:17 AM

It is all pieces of the full retail version of Criminal Intent TLC. They separate the cases and make it 1 and 2.

Kind of like the 5 cases in CSI. You could make 5 games out of it.

Ana wave

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 01:24 AM

Thanks Ana. kissy I think its a bit misleading then. Why add Vengeful Heart and Dark Obsession, thoses weren't the name of the cases or were they? duh wave

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 01:29 AM

I believe so, TLC. They started this before other full fledged Adventure games were sold through regular Casual game sites and I believe the intent was to make it more "casual" for those not used to the regular games. It also enabled them to make more money by charging almost full price for only part of the game.

They also have the full version of Justice is served.

Ana wave

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 01:41 AM

I remember reading awhile back at Legacy forums that people bought these as downloads, thinking they were new, only to find out that they had already played it as Criminal Intent. Is it written somewhere that these are just the cases sold separately from Criminal Intent and not from a brand new game? duh Thanks again. smile wave

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 02:05 AM

That's how I remember it too TLC. We had people do it here as well. frown

Ana wave
Posted By: misa

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 02:13 AM

I guess it was Legacy's decision to split them and package them as two different games? I doubt it was BFG's decision since they really only take the games that the developers give them and add their own splash screen and activation codes, etc.
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 05:57 AM

I have in my shelves Criminal Intent for over a year i think. I didn't finish it because the game was full of bugs... I don't know though if this separate version of the game has been fixed... smile
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 02:50 PM

Thanks - I knew if I posted this here I would get enough feedback to figure out if I should consider BAAGing (rebuying?) this one and I already played it in the full official version when it came out.....I thought something about it seemed familiar! Oh, these Senior Moments! Glad to have been saved from spending my games budget on one I already played.....thanks again
Love, Betty Lou

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 02:58 PM

A quick question... how many Law and Order games are they? We know now that this one is the same as Criminal Intent game and i know one more called Justice is served (which has already been mentioned above)... Any others?

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 03:04 PM

I believe 3, the other being Law and Order: Dead on the Money.

EDIT: I take it back. There is another one called Double or Nothing but it was pulled from shelves because it used images belonging to a boy murdered in England. You can still get it in trade or used though.

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 03:09 PM

There's also Law & Order: Double or Nothing.

Dead on the Money, Double or Nothing and Justice is Served are all based on the classic Law & Order TV series and are all in first person perspective.

Law & Order: Criminal Intent is based on the Criminal Intent offshoot of the series and is in third person perspective.

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 03:11 PM

lol I was too late in my edit. Hi Becky!
Posted By: Becky

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 03:15 PM

wave Sorry 'bout that. grin

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 03:23 PM

Hello Becky, hello BET... I didn't know that Double or nothing has this kind of history... How sad... You mean is it based on a true crime? And they put it in a game?

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 03:30 PM

Apparently yes Volkana. If you like I'll dig up the news on it after work. It would be the European version only that was pulled, the US still sells it here I believe.

Ana wave

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 03:37 PM

I was just curious if they actually put a real crime in a game especially a child's murder... I don't think that i will play this one. I was very disappointed by Criminal Intent Thanks for the offer though Ana... smile. You are very kind...

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

EDIT: I take it back. There is another one called Double or Nothing but it was pulled from shelves because it used images belonging to a boy murdered in England. You can still get it in trade or used though.

Ana wave

I have this game. I never heard that it was pulled from the shelves. duh wave

**Edit** Oh, it was the European version? I have the US version. smile

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 04:02 PM

Here you go!
Posted By: misa

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 05:00 PM

Oh my. I remember that UK case. It was horrible. frown

Why the developers would choose to use a real case image is beyond me. I'll definitely pass on that game. Just knowing that a real case image is in there makes me sick to my stomach.

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 05:07 PM

Thanks BET... I read the article on the site... I would never imagine that...
Posted By: Trisha

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 05:56 PM

Is this a new one or has it been out for awhile Thanks Trisha

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 06:00 PM

There is nothing new Trisha. It has been out for awhile.

Ana wave

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 06:06 PM

Is the image of the boy in the UK release only or is it in the US release too? frown wave

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 06:13 PM

It's in your game also, it was just not pulled here.

Ana wave
Posted By: Trisha

Re: Law & Order Criminal Intent 2 - free trial - 04/04/08 06:27 PM

Thank you very much Ana I just hate buying something I already have. I almost bought the Riddle of the Tomb and then read that it was the same as Cleopatra. Thanks a buch. Trisha
© 2024 GameBoomers Community