GB HOMEPAGE

Do game developers frequent our forum?

Posted By: Benedict

Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/06/07 03:25 PM

It would be nice if they are among us. I would love to post ideas about the kind of games I want to play and plead with them to make these games the way I like...
Posted By: Becky

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/06/07 04:00 PM

Hi Benedict -- isn't that what you've been doing already? (Becky remembers the naughty game thread.) lol

Yes, developers do stop by at this forum from time to time. I'm not sure how much member suggestions might actually be used, but we've had plenty of discussion among members in the past as to what does and doesn't work in games (not that we necessarily agree on the details, of course).
Posted By: CBSection31

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/06/07 05:17 PM

I swear, I've never stepped foot in this forum in my life! laugh
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/06/07 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CBSection31:
I swear, I've never stepped foot in this forum in my life! laugh
And we've never been able to figure out who that was who posted nine times in the last six months, using your name... lol
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/06/07 10:26 PM

I wouldn't be caught dead in a forum like this!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/06/07 10:30 PM

But caught alive is perfectly acceptable, right, Mikael? laugh
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/06/07 11:24 PM

WOW ...Whats a Game Developer....? wave
Posted By: Diamond

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/07/07 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Benedict:
It would be nice if they are among us. I would love to post ideas about the kind of games I want to play and plead with them to make these games the way I like...
I think that one of the reasons that people create is that they want to do something in a way that appeals to themselves and not be dictated to by others. smile

Obviously, I always hope that others will be interested in what I create, but that doesn't mean it will work out that way.

Now, if you were to come up with the funding for a game and pay me, I'd be more than happy to make a game the way you like. laugh
Posted By: BWiegele

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/07/07 03:21 PM

If you guys do find out if any developers hang out in these forums, would you let me know? I also have some great ideas for games I'd like to make... wink

-Bryan
Posted By: nickie

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/07/07 04:25 PM

What a rogues gallery this is turning out to be! laugh
Posted By: MaG

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/07/07 04:25 PM

You guys are cracking me up! lol lol

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/07/07 05:49 PM

The chinese have a saying, "crouching tiger, hidden dragon", which is incidentally the title of a critically acclaimed chinese period film. It means "MANY skilled or talented people in hiding". I guess it applies to our developer friends here. So you ARE here. I thought my rants and my cries were unheard...

smile

I am glad for what the gameboomer website is contributing to the industry, and hope that, besides promoting awareness and providing support and help, we can also help the industry to improve and come up with matured and better quality products.
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/07/07 10:49 PM

What a funny posting!

Thank you all for making my day a happy one rotfl

Linda
Posted By: GEES

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/07/07 11:15 PM

I have a suggestion for any developers that might be spying on us. Hurry up!!! Get those games out faster!!!! cry

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/08/07 03:16 AM

I promise to have Stonewall Penitentiary out by the end of the decade!!! wink

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/08/07 03:29 AM

HEY CBSection31

That Shady Brook was a Great One thumbsup
Posted By: Ivinia

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/08/07 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GEES:
I have a suggestion for any developers that might be spying on us. Hurry up!!! Get those games out faster!!!! cry
I agree! I don't know what their problem is... whistle
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/08/07 04:28 PM

I actually thought it was just all talk about developers being here. think
Posted By: silvio

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 03:15 AM

The pressure is mounting here.... whistle

Silvio
Posted By: BeaSong

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 03:32 AM

This is such fun!

If any of you run out of ideas, I have
enough for a few life times. laugh
Posted By: MaG

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 03:45 AM

praise

Is it Roast Time for Developers?

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BeaSong:
This is such fun!

If any of you run out of ideas, I have
enough for a few life times. laugh
I wish I didn't have as many ideas as I do...

smile
Posted By: Carla

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 08:38 AM

I propose a toast to all our kind developers!

Posted By: connie

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 11:02 AM

I second that. A toast to all the wonderful people who make games for us to enjoy. thumbsup praise wave
Posted By: Alone in the dark Freak

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 12:14 PM

I would be a game developer if I had the correct tools to make games, all I have right now Is 3DS Max 8, I still need to get at least C++ for coding, not to mention a graphics engine (Good luck finding a cheap one that looks good)

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 02:03 PM

To the developers who work so hard to give us entertaining adventures to enjoy --

Hip Hip Hurray!
Hip Hip Hurray!
Hip Hip HURRAY!

hearts
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 02:23 PM

And I second that, Becky.

bravo
Posted By: StarLite Moon

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 05:48 PM

Benedict, have you thought about making your own games? There are some easy to use excellent programs out there. If you like stop by:

http://adventure-creator.com/

You can get everything you need to show you how to make your own point and click adventure game. It's a pretty good learning process and Zimond is great when it comes to helping people. He's brilliant with script. Just a thought.

I am in the process of making a game but the story is finished on that one. I have about 5 more games to write. I'm working on writing a story for one called Nightmare Manor. It's going to be more of a 1st person game. I want to make it one of those heart stoppers like we're all talking about.

If you're interested in putting your own ideas to work for you give P&C DK a try. You might enjoy it.

My husband made a suggestion about everyone here putting together their own story and try to make a game out of it.

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 08:21 PM

To all of you who have always wanted to make a game, or those of you who have story ideas, I may have a surprise for you in the coming weeks/months. Stonewall Penitentiary aside, there is another project I'm working on (in secret) that you may be interested in! smile
Posted By: Dan Peach

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 08:58 PM

Oooooohhh sounds like fun. I have lots of story ideas and have always wanted to make a game. laugh

wave
Posted By: Carla

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Peach:
Oooooohhh sounds like fun. I have lots of story ideas and have always wanted to make a game. laugh

rotfl
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/09/07 09:10 PM

What an interesting thread!! Just want to say a huge thankyou to all the game developers who have dropped by! lol

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/10/07 06:51 PM

I wonder if I could blatantly pitch ideas for games since our developer friends are here? Someone wrote earlier in this thread that if I have the money he could make a game that I want according to my specs. I'm sorry, I don't have the money, just the audacity to bother you a bit here.

smile

Here's an idea. About ten years ago when CDrom technology was new there was a game called Dreamweb. The protagonist is a man who heard voices in his head to assasinate a group of people. This was the first adventure game to feature a serial killer as the protagonist, and the game goals are to hunt people down and kill them. It was an action adventure with a unique top down perspective - the gamer looks into each room from the angle of the ceiling. The graphics are cartoony, but the gore is graphic (pun intended). I wonder if our developer friends could re-make the game? I thought Indigo Prophecy was marginally similar in theme.

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/10/07 07:02 PM

Benedict -- you do have unusual tastes. Perhaps you should post this idea in an action game forum?

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/10/07 09:48 PM

YUCK.......Gore Noway...
Action YUCK!!!!

Sorry not my Cup Of Tea wave
Posted By: mulawa1

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/11/07 04:12 AM

Benedict ... I feel an obligation to make sure that you are fully aware of my about-to-be-released game, MAGICAMA. It contains absolutely no sexual content, no gore, no action ... it is one that you should definitely avoid at all costs!

Peter

PS I 'fess up - this is a sneaky way of letting you all know that another developer is following this thread with interest smile

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/11/07 06:37 AM

well, it need not be an action adventure, but a third person adventure in the likes of Blade Runner or even Laura Bow 2.

Hi Peter. Magicama has no action, no gore and no sex? Then does it have comedy, exploration, wonder and really intriguing (but not too frustrating) puzzles?

How about Spycraft? It definitely deserves a re-make, doesn't it?

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/11/07 08:52 AM

The only game I'd ever be interested in re-making would be the excellent C-64 game, The Staff of Karnath. Working out how to turn this game into a point and click adventure would be fun. smile
Posted By: mulawa1

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/11/07 12:55 PM

Pass on comedy - I'm a rather serious guy smile but big on exploration and wonder and HUGE on intriguing tasks - I call them tasks because they're not all puzzles - some are games against the 'puter, some are solo games and some defy categorisation!

Peter
Posted By: Nora Charles

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/11/07 04:03 PM

You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time.....
you know the rest.
When you do what you love, folks can tell. It's art not science!

Candy wave
Posted By: StarLite Moon

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/11/07 04:13 PM

Wow, Diamond, a Commie user. I used to love the old Impossible Mission. The first adventure game I ever played was on the old Commie. It was some old game I can't even remember the name of it. I think it was an old Mastertronics game. Then the next was Maniac Mansion. Ah, the good old days. hearts

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/14/07 11:56 PM

Benedict, I actually do have Dreamweb here on the shelf, but I have never been able to fire it up on any of my systems.

And, for the protocol, I'm certainly not visiting this forum today either.
Posted By: alkis21

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/15/07 11:19 AM

Quote:
Do game developers frequent our forum?
Of course not, we have better things to do with our time. whistle
Posted By: Ivinia

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/15/07 03:32 PM

Benedict - I guess you got your answer and that would be no & yes. It doesn't look like game developers frequent the forums (although I suspect they do, but don't post), but there are definitely the indie game developers out and about chatting away! thumbsup
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/16/07 04:22 AM

Jonathan Boakes checks in here from time to time.
Posted By: Rayfer

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/16/07 10:55 PM

Hi StarLite Moon, I think your other half had a great idea! Set up some basic frame and let the Boomers fly! We might even find a developer willing to take it to the next stage. I would be willing to help out.

Ray

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/29/07 05:29 AM

Egypt 2 had a brilliant puzzle where you beat on two drums by tapping any key you like on the right side and on the left side of the keyboard. If you listen to the bouncy rhythm of the background music and try to copy it you solve the puzzle and are treated to a short clip of a dance by an egytian lady dancer. Too bad the puzzle was over quickly, I would have loved to bang on the drums a little bit longer. Perhaps our developer friends could consider adding a special feature, accessible from the main menu, that allows us to have some fun like beating on a drum for a dancer.
Posted By: Happy Gamer

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/29/07 01:22 PM

Hey Mikael.. if you were to drop by this site from time to time would you be willing to share if there is another one of your wonderful games in the works...that is only IF by chance you might check out GameBoomers sometime down the road which I doubt that you do as I've certainly never seen you here rolleyes

Happy Gamer
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/29/07 11:05 PM

GAME DEVELOPERS.... I'm now playing Keepsake and I love the HINT feature. Sure beats quitting the game, going to a walkthrough, jotting down the hint, opening the game back up and then trying it. Hmmmm must have forgotten something it still doesn't work.... so you have to do it all over again....

I love the HINT feature. The game also has a built in map and where you are is highlighted... boy is that a big help. And if you are a more advanced gamer and don't want it... don't use it.

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/30/07 06:58 AM

Can't you just Alt-Tab to your walkthrough and then Alt-Tab back again?

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/30/07 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Happy Gamer:
Hey Mikael.. if you were to drop by this site from time to time would you be willing to share if there is another one of your wonderful games in the works...that is only IF by chance you might check out GameBoomers sometime down the road which I doubt that you do as I've certainly never seen you here rolleyes

Happy Gamer
Hi Happy Gamer,

Actually, I've just started working on Carol Reed 4. Eleen has moved on to bigger and better things (tending to her allotment, etc.), so I'm doing it all alone this time.

I've had to learn a new programming language to make the game Vista compatible (which I consider a must these days), which has slowed me down considerably.

I'm going on a little trip tomorrow with a friend, to take the first pictures for the game. It's actually way to early to start taking the pictures (the game takes place in the summer as usual), but the authorities are going to blow this particular place up sometime in the summer, so it's best to get to work while it's still there.

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/30/07 09:39 PM

This is intriguing news. Wonderful to hear that Carol Reed 4 has begun production.

Any hints as to what the government will be blowing up?
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/30/07 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond:
Can't you just Alt-Tab to your walkthrough and then Alt-Tab back again?
Yes, but then what about those games that aren't Alt+tab friendly?
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/30/07 11:58 PM

Diamond... it works on some games, but some it doesn't. Mainly because I use 800 x600 screen resolution because my eyes aren't what they used to be. It works with the Nancy Drew, but didn't work on the Syberia or Keepsake.

Miquel.. I have only played one of your games, Time Stand Still and I loved it. The graphics were very nice and I loved the English accents.

Does anyone know if those were real people's homes? I loved that cottage (the haunted one.)
Posted By: Happy Gamer

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/31/07 12:29 AM

Thanks for update Mikael. Some of my family spend lots of time in your part of the world so I love seeing the cottages and landscape...good luck and please don't give up even if you have to go it alone. I just love your games.

Happy Gamer
Posted By: Marian

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/31/07 12:37 AM

I'll definitely be buying your fourth game, Mikael. I'm very appreciative that the series will continue. smile wave
Posted By: exalthim2

Re: Do game developers frequent our forum? - 03/31/07 01:45 AM

This thread really brightened up my otherwise terrible, awful, really bad day. happydance But then so do all the wonderful games our friends develop for us. Thanks so much for all the fun you game geniuses bring into our lives. I went to all the sites mentioned on this thread. Pretty exciting. I would love to develop a Jessica Fletcher "Murder She Wrote" game series but alas, I am not so gifted but maybe one of you......?
Kim
© 2024 GameBoomers Community