GB HOMEPAGE

If You Could Make An Adventure Game

Posted By: Darleen03

If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 02:49 PM

Hey All...

If you could make an adventure game..What would be the one thing you would FOCUS on?

I would Focus on A Scary Game
wave
Also it can be anything ..Like Graphics..Music..etc etc
Posted By: metamorphium

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 02:57 PM

I'd probably make a game about a ghost who has been wrapped up in the sheet by his boss.

oh, wait a minute... wink
Posted By: Dan Peach

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 02:59 PM

I would make a scary game too. scared

Horror is my favourite genre - horror with plenty of scares. Double scared

razz
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 03:11 PM

I would focus on a plot that would hopefully have something to say to everyone.

wave
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 03:35 PM

I would make a game truly geared towards women, with feminist elements and history, but playable by and hopefully interesting to all.

WW
Posted By: Nora Charles

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 03:48 PM

I like games with a sense of humor and lots of puzzles.
On the darker side, I would love to make a game from the Sin City novels. Creepy!

Candy wave
Posted By: StarLite Moon

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 04:15 PM

Good ideas here, hope people don't mind if I steal some. smile
Posted By: chrissie

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 04:43 PM

I love scary & I love humour! But if I were to make an adventure game I would have to base it on something I know to start with.

I think it would be on my job - I do such a variety of things, often have to think very quickly about what I am going to do from week to week & also organise a lot of activities & with no walkthrough to help me! rotfl This gives a lot of scope to integrate inventory type puzzles & many others in a logical way.

I would try to incorporate a mystery to be unravelled, at the same time it would be humourous (there is at least one thing that makes me laugh every day!!) & I would plagiarise style & ideas from the Carol Reed Mysteries, the Nancy Drew games & Sims type games (in a small way).

Ultimately it would be a game that I hoped people would find fun to play but would probably not be my first choice of game! rolleyes smile

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 05:35 PM

Ohhhhhh chrissie

Very Good ...

There are some good Thoughts & Ideas so Far.. happydance
Posted By: GEES

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 05:48 PM

I love creepy and myterious. My game would have lots of good puzzles. No sliders and I would leave clues around to tell you how to figure the puzzles out. I hate things that look like my son's errector set. My game would have great graphics. It would be point & click - first person. Last but not least my game would have a great story that made sense.

Sandi wave
Posted By: alkis21

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 06:12 PM

Been there, done that. smile

To answer a modified question, if I could make ANY adventure game, with no budget limit, I would produce a FMV adventure based on Stephen King's novel "Needful Things", starring Anthony Hopkins and Edward Norton.
Posted By: Mad

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 06:43 PM

Hi smile

If I could make an adventure game, I would be absolutely astounded at myself !!

lol lol

But I enjoy thriller stories very much so maybe that's the way I would go laugh

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Shany

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 06:48 PM

I would like to make a game about someone who is stuck in a building with every floor being a different chapter of the game and the goal is to get to the roof - he has to solve puzzles to move to the next floor. The game would be a cartoony game that has mostly inventory puzzles but can also have some mechanical ones.
The idea is that the residents of the building are all a little crazy, and their appartments reflect their obsessions.

I would also like to make a cartoony game that has the hero travelling to many original and not so original locations, with an alien planet as one of those locations.
Posted By: Benedict

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 08:26 PM

An FMV game, definitely. If I ever become a millionaire, that is.
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 10:50 PM

If I were to make an adventure it would HAVE to be an adventure about "Dr Who" he would be perfect for an adventure game, just imagine the possibilities.
Posted By: Raj

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 10:54 PM

I, too, love it when a game can actually creep me out and scare me (and Jonathan Boakes is my hero). I like playing in bed with all the lights out.

And-- Wysewomon-- I think your idea is AWESOME and oh SO needed. (Could Shulamith Firestone be in it?) As it is now, adventure games and, maybe in SOME RPGs are the only places to hope to see healthy, non-stereotypical female characters.

But I would make a game about Real Estate Agents.
I think THAT would be SO incredibly wonderous!!

Okay... I'm kidding. I would like to see a thriller about a bizzare serial killer where you get into his mind and explore some of the horror that drives him (like in the movie "The Cell" but done better).

And I would FOCUS on a good story, good puzzles and the relationship between them.

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/11/07 11:00 PM

Hey Raj

I agree about a serial killer & mine frame...Without the Gorey parts of course....I love Imagination... scared
Posted By: Raj

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/12/07 12:51 AM

Hey Dar!
I was thinking along a Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, or James Patterson's Gary... Gary... Gary (somebody).

I don't think you need gore at all. In fact, I find the suggestion of horrors you ARE NOT shown affect me MORE.

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/12/07 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Raj:

I don't think you need gore at all. In fact, I find the suggestion of horrors you ARE NOT shown affect me MORE.
I Totally Agree :kiss:
Posted By: BeaSong

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/12/07 02:49 AM

I have MANY game ideas in mind, but would need a programmer to put them together.
I'd focus on the art and looks of the game, (which is the part I'd want to do) the story line with mystery, and the puzzles.
I'm not into scary as much as intrigue and I'd like to add the ingredient of humor!
Posted By: Diamond

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/12/07 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 2 u:
If I were to make an adventure it would HAVE to be an adventure about "Dr Who" he would be perfect for an adventure game, just imagine the possibilities.
I agree. A Doctor Who adventure would be superb.
Posted By: Sean Livingston

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/12/07 01:00 PM

think

If I could make a adventure game I'd expect it would end up being suspense based as well.

Probably have to do with surviving in the land of the dead, sort of a Dreamfall meets Grim Fandango. I'd want it to have a real Alice in wonderland sort of feel to it but at the same time be very dark.
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/12/07 01:45 PM

Quote:
And-- Wysewomon-- I think your idea is AWESOME and oh SO needed. (Could Shulamith Firestone be in it?) As it is now, adventure games and, maybe in SOME RPGs are the only places to hope to see healthy, non-stereotypical female characters.
a couple years ago I started plotting a game that was kind of like a cross between The Mists of Avalon and Beyond Atlantis In the beginning, a priestess returns to her sanctuary from a pilgrimage to find that the place is deserted and she then has to go through a bunch of trials all based in the mythologies of different cultures to find out what happened and rescue her sisters. I think I had Australian Aboriginal, Native American, Celtic and Japanese Shinto sections, corresponding to the 4 directions and 4 elements. But I couldn;t figure out what had happened to the priestesses either! So I gave it up...Maybe some day I'll go back to it or find someone to collaborate with.

WW
Posted By: Benedict

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/12/07 06:21 PM

Dreamweb...Dreamweb...Dreamweb...

smile
Posted By: Joan

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/12/07 09:12 PM

I would love to see and adventure game based on any Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child book, especially with Pendergast. Imagine the possibilities!

Joan
Posted By: kraken

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/12/07 10:34 PM

Been rereading the Virginia Lanier novels about Jo Beth Sidden and Bloodhounds Inc. Has anyone ever written a game using a bloodhound? Of course it would have to be a mystery game.

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/13/07 02:38 AM

How about the show the Lost Room as a game, or has that been done. There is lots of goodie to make puzzles out of there. You know that show did seem familiar. I thought I played that game once.
Posted By: maggie57

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/13/07 07:28 AM

Joan-

I agree with you, by the way have you read Douglas Preston's new book, it is great, but Pendergast is the best.

Maggie wave
Posted By: Kickaha

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/13/07 08:52 AM

In a Dr Who game one could actually walk into the Tardis from outside. That would be pretty neat.
Posted By: Joan

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/14/07 02:13 AM

Maggie,
Just read Lincoln Childs' "Deep Storm." Love those guys!
Joan
Posted By: Mikael

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/14/07 11:59 PM

If I would make a game, it would be exactly like the Carol Reed Mysteries. But I would like to make a horror game one day as well.

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/15/07 03:56 AM

HEy Mikael

Spooky Horror Game I love it ....WE have so very Few ......There is nothing like a Good SPOOK Scary Game I say bravo
Posted By: chrissie

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/15/07 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikael:
If I would make a game, it would be exactly like the Carol Reed Mysteries.
wave
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 03/16/07 04:12 AM

If I had the money to finance an adventure game I'd have Chris Jones and Aaron Conners make the Tex Murphy game that picks up where Overseer ended.
Posted By: jorja

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 04/15/07 06:29 PM

I'd make a Murder She Wrote game. lol
Posted By: Leeana

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 04/15/07 06:42 PM

something wonderful and lovely, like keepsake maybe, a game with surprises lots of puzzles mazes, cooking, and lots of rooms to investigate inside of a hugh mansion where there is no walkthru where everyone comes to their "Very Own" and unique unusual ending smile

Re: If You Could Make An Adventure Game - 04/16/07 05:07 PM

How about a good story line, where you follow a story. I don't like to just jump in and solve puzzles, unless it's a Big Fish Game or strictly a puzzle game. But I do like a good story and knowing why I'm doing what I'm doing.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community