GB HOMEPAGE

Destination Treasure Island

Posted By: birddog

Destination Treasure Island - 03/12/07 10:30 PM

Another great game from Kheops Studio. I purchased this online at gogamer.com Wed (Mar 7th) and received it Sat (Mar 10th) just in time for weekend play!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/12/07 10:32 PM

Birddog, I thought it was awesome as well! My only complaint was that it was too short, but then again I always think that of games I enjoy. laugh

Ana happydance
Posted By: Marian

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/12/07 10:39 PM

It's a delightful, charming game. I'm at the point now where I would buy any game with Kheops' name on it without having even read a review. smile

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/13/07 01:39 AM

I thought it was too short also, but I just play it again & again. After about the 3rd or 4th time, I try to see how quick I can play it. Khoeps is the best - I have all their games and would buy any knew ones in a heart beat.
Posted By: lspace

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/13/07 01:59 AM

I've been waiting for someone who has played this game to post. Can you tell me a bit more about the game without spoiling it? Are there any timed or arcade bits? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/13/07 02:08 AM

lspace, it is a slow paced, browse around and enjoy the scenery type game. Lots of fun inventory puzzles to put together and take apart again. The game is relatively easy and flows extremely well. The hardest puzzle is the end, but if you pay attention it's doable. The graphics are great and the use of the items very logical for an adventure game. No timed or arcade puzzles.

Ana wave
Posted By: lspace

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/13/07 02:46 AM

This sounds like my type of game. I think I'll be ordering it very soon. Thanks, BrownEyedTigre for the mini review.

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/13/07 04:26 AM

BrownEyedTigre - that was a perfect description of the game.
Posted By: challis3

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/13/07 07:58 PM

Couple of questions:
Is there dialogue?
Storyline?
Interacting with characters?
Or is this a Myst clone?
Is it being sold anywhere besides gogamer?
Thanks!

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/13/07 09:12 PM

Hi Challis,
Yes, there is dialogue, interaction and a storyline. It is not a Myst clone at all. It can be purchased from InteractCd, which can be accessed from the top of the forum.

Ana wave
Posted By: ChuckO

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/13/07 09:59 PM

Is this game available for electronic purchase/download ? Here in Michigan, since we are dying from economic hell, we can't find new games in retail stores. Ditto on the new Treasure Island game. Loved the downloaded Sherlock "Awakened" game. Lighten up on the gore issue...Geez.

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/13/07 10:07 PM

Chuck, I have not seen this game available for download except for the demo. You can order it online though.

Ana wave
Posted By: challis3

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/14/07 01:15 PM

Thanks for the info- can anyone give me a link for the demo?

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/14/07 01:21 PM

Challis, HERE is a link to the demo. I forgot it was in French. wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/14/07 05:23 PM

My game arrived from Interact just the other day. I'm very much looking forward to playing it, it sounds wonderful.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Destination Treasure Island - 03/14/07 07:15 PM

Oh boy, guys, look at what I found!

NEW KHEOPS GAME

I'm not overly thrilled with the run-into-the-ground Egyptian setting, but if it's Kheops, I am sure I will enjoy it. happydance

edit: I just noticed that this news has already been posted at the top of this forum--sorry about that! laugh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community