GB HOMEPAGE

Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure

Posted By: Becky

Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 03:03 PM

Welcome to Ravens Hollow...

A historical adventure game, fraught with spectral enigmas is now under development -- Ravens Hollow by Hidden Sanctum.

Quote:
Independent game developer, Hidden Sanctum, after a successful release of Rune Rescue earlier this week, today announced the start of development for Ravens Hollow for the PC and Mac. Ravens Hollow is a 1st-person point-n-click horror adventure game set in historical New England during the early 1800's.

Rich in history and equally so in mystery, there are some things that are best left unspoken... The War of Independence is but a distant memory to the elders of the village as the people struggle with their feeble existence. Rumors of restless spirits, strange disappearances, and horrific suffering abound. It takes a strong soul to visit Ravens Hollow...or a very foolish one.
For early concept renders from Ravens Hollow, click here. Hmmmm. I like the name of the local brook. And why do I think something awful will happen down that well?

The game will release in late 2007.

For more information, visit the game's website.
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 03:31 PM

Oh, I don't know. That well 'opening' is kinda like the entrance to the sewer maze in Traitors Gate (1) doncha think? Looks great. Another to add to my ever growing list of "games that MUST be BAAGed!" if I live long enough laugh happydance gotta have em, gotta have em ALL!
Love, Betty Lou :kiss:
Posted By: nickie

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 03:42 PM

Very enticing - just love those horror games! The bridge is what captured my attention - what does it lead to? scared
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 04:33 PM

Should I chime in with a negative comment, or leave it be? This is definitely not the game for me, sorry about that. However, at the website I clicked on ABOUT and it was quite interesting reading about how Hidden Sanctum came to be. I do wish them (him, her?)well and good sales for all of the games. I do want to encourage all game developers, right?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 04:51 PM

lol I can see that we all are attracted to other things. I love churches and steeples. They have always fascinated me and every one I've ever been in (old churches) has been haunted. Love it!! Good luck to you all at Hidden Sanctum. Looking forward to hearing more.

Ana wave
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 04:58 PM

Neet! Horror Adventure is just about my favourite!

WW

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 05:09 PM

I want to go up in the steeple. Nobody has let me do that in Real Life. Well, not in a church steeple anyway.

Sierramindy -- Hidden Sanctum is the work of Eric McConnell, who is a GameBoomers member -- member name Ivinia.
Posted By: Mary

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 07:24 PM

Very nice shots. I love horror and creepy stories!
Becky, any church steeples around you look familiar to go along with the "Stony Brook"? Or a creepy looking well? lol
Posted By: friedmonky

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 07:34 PM

Massachusetts huh? wink

Rusty lol
Posted By: WinstonSmith

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 07:38 PM

OK now I'm officially worried about myself: my first thought on seeing the Shipwright and Harp Inne was, 'Wow! That would make a great Sims 2 house!' lol

Seriously though, it looks an intriguing premise. I'm not a fan of the gore-fest survival horror genre but I adored Dark Fall and have long been a fan of the ghost story genre - MR James, Le Fanu etc. With the author's professed interest in Poe and Hammer films this will definitely be worth a look laugh
Posted By: colpet

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 08:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Becky. It looks promising; I've added it to my list of upcoming games.

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 09:52 PM

Mary -- a few church steeples, not unlike this one. I'd probably have to be hired as a church staff member in order to get up into any of them, though.

Hmmm. Now that I think about it, it might be worth it...
Posted By: Ivinia

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/22/06 10:16 PM

As an FYI, that church steeple is heavily influenced by the one in Middlebury Vermont. (http://www.middbiz.org/) Not an exact duplicate, but pretty darned close. I nearly got into an accident there hanging my head out of my window while driving to snap a quick digital picture. eek Not one of my smartest moves, but that church came up real quick after making a turn and I wasn't ready for it!

BettyLou - No mazes! I really don't like them in my games unless the player has an obvious clue as to how to get through it (like a map!). lol
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/23/06 12:21 AM

Hi Ivinia,
I envy the people who will be playing your game! I'm sure they will have a great time, but I know that I would not. I don't dig horror, it bores me. A dark creepy scene with dark creepy music doesn't make me want to look over my shoulder. However, I do like reading about such games in the forum posts and learning how others react. Just like your website, I find that interesting and, Eric, you do have a great website.

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/23/06 03:13 AM

Thanks Mindy. I understand that horror games don't appeal to everyone, and I have several other AG ideas I want to pursue as well in the future. I'll also be doing some other smaller games before Ravens Hollow is ready to go that might be of interest. I'm trying to keep the website as simple as possible and easy to navigate. Not everyone has time to go through lots of text, so I'm trying to cut to the chase and get to the point. LOL, if you've seen some of my posts and emails, you'd realize it isn't easy for me to keep things short! lol
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/23/06 11:13 AM

Thanks Becky another one for my growing list of wants! wave
Posted By: qadventuregames

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/23/06 06:47 PM

Hi Ivinia! wave

Sounds great can't wait - is it done yet, is it done yet, is it done yet? laugh

Can you tell I hate waiting?

"Q"
Posted By: Carrie

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/23/06 08:07 PM

Becky- You said the magic words: "1st person point-&-click"! I like the time period, and the dark New England environment... good ingredients for a spooky game. This might be another candidate for my BAAGS list.

Gotta tell ya... just as I read your Topic (& before clicking to read all the posts), I thought to myself, "Please, don't let this be another new game teaser I'll have to wait ages for"... knowing full well that it could be nothing else but! Drat! laugh
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/23/06 08:09 PM

Sounds like a good game!! I've just begun to get into the "scary" games and I'm loving it. Can't wait to see more! Good luck, Eric, on the future games. Looking forward to its release!

wave
Nan
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/24/06 06:00 AM

oooooooohhhh --- I just love the spooky ones
inferno
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/24/06 05:25 PM

Thanks Becky - it's now in my Games Soon folder smile

Bernie happydance
Posted By: dragonseyes

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/24/06 10:42 PM

i love games that make you scared, like scratches i was terified of the basement and another game was dracula and sanitarium made me a little uneasy those kids were creepy the way they talked. scared
Posted By: olderone

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/25/06 01:38 AM

Ah another one to add to the list. Keep us updated.

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/25/06 01:39 AM

From another post I made that might shed a little (just a little) insight into the game:

"You can expect it to be a bit less somber and isolated as some of the great horror AGs that have come out in the last few years. Where Darkfall, Scratches, and Barrow Hill all had that lonely feel to them, I plan on introducing some interesting characters to interact with along the way similar to Dracula Resurrection and The Last Sanctuary. "
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/25/06 03:17 AM

It looks good Ivinia.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/25/06 01:27 PM

I can't wait. It sounds brilliant. I want to go down the well ... I love games with dark tunnels & spooky atmospheres & people who are not what they seem.
Posted By: rose113

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/27/06 11:35 AM

Thanks Becky. The only problem is I want to play it now! Looks deliciously spooky! happydance
Posted By: NJMysteryMan

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 11/17/06 03:28 AM

Thanks Becky, as always for keeping us tuned in to the latest games. And Good Luck Ivinia! The game looks great. I definately will be in line to play it, I can't wait! luck

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 11/17/06 02:04 PM

Thanks NJ, I appreciate the interest. It's not planned to come out until late 2007, but don't be surprised if you see another AG slip in under the radar before then. smile

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 11/17/06 02:26 PM

Hey Ivinia! wave Okay, we won't be surprised. Any more information about this other adventure? Existence is satisfying, but details are more filling. laugh
Posted By: Mad

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 11/17/06 02:36 PM

Hi smile

Very enticing stuff happydance happydance

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 11/17/06 03:46 PM

LOL, Becky! smile

Ok, here's the deal.

Raven's Hollow - Intricate story, different characters, dialogs (I personally don't like long dialogs that much in games, so don't expect anything long-winded here), lots of diverse areas to explore with a mixture of inventory and logic based puzzles. As such, it's a lot more involved to make sure that the story line is fully developed without loopholes, coordinating things with voice actors, clothing and rigging characters, animations, music, etc.

The 'Other' game - Think Aura, Alida, Rhem, Safecracker types of a game. Solitary exploration, mostly logic based challenges and a somewhat loose story. As it is much less involved than Raven's Hollow is from a development standpoint, expect it to be completed in a relatively short time.

Currently I am finishing up the first location for this new title as well as some actual screenshots from Raven's Hollow for an upcoming interview.

The nice thing is that I will actually be working on the Raven's Hollow engine sooner than originally planned since this other title will be using it. In a strange way, I am checking off some to-dos for both games at the same time. smile

I "think" the interview is planned for the end of November, so expect to see some new Raven's Hollow images then, followed by some screenshots for this new game sometime in mid-December (although I seem to be on a roll lately, so it might be sooner.)

Busy, busy, busy... thumbsup
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 11/17/06 04:13 PM

This sounds like a great game. Anything with "horror" somewhere in the description is guaranteed to pique my interest! Looking forward to this one already.

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 11/17/06 04:26 PM

Both games sound wonderful! Thanks for the extra details on the Other game. thumbsup thanks
Posted By: Gamer

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 11/18/06 12:28 AM

Looks great Ivinia, I cant wait! laugh
As you well know I love spooky and Ill be one of the first in line to pick this baby up. thumbsup
Posted By: GBC

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/25/07 07:13 PM

Love horror games! Being from Massachusetts myself this game is even more appealing to me.
Posted By: flutist

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/25/07 10:11 PM

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. What else can I say?

Bets

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/25/07 10:22 PM

This thread is from September of 2006, this is not a new announcement. wink
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/27/07 02:43 PM

Do I misunderstand her latest 'news' about RH? She says something about the "Other" game and the same name being used (the "Other" game also being called Ravens Hollow?). And she is doing some work on it as it is still in development and has an "interview" scheduled with regard to it - so is this a different RH new game from the one we played in 2006?
Love, Betty Lou

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/27/07 02:53 PM

BL, who is "she" that you are referring to? This is an OLD thread as I stated in the post above yours. Raven's Hollow is not released yet but it will be shortly. Hidden Sactum is working on some puzzle games as well which may be the "other" games you are referring to.

What Ravens Hollow did you play last year? It is not released yet.

It may be best to close this thread since the info is a year old and only leads to confusion.

Ana wave

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/27/07 05:25 PM

Betty Lou -- Ivinia is Eric McConnell of Hidden Sanctum. I believe that Ivinia is a place, not a woman's name. laugh

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/28/07 10:21 AM

LOL, yes Ivinia is a place going back to my Role-Playing Game days and yes, I am a 'he'.

The 'Other' game that seems to be causing some confusion here is Pieces of Eight. It's planned to come out before Raven's Hollow. Both games are running well beyond their expected release dates. It has more to do with some early expectations not being met which we are trying to recover from than anything else - well, and our desire to make things even better than originally planned. Long story...

The puzzle games the BrownEyedTiger is probably referring to are some casual games we are doing. We were supposed to release 2 of them last week, but had a slight hiccup along the way involving a Frenchman vacationing in Venice, LOL. No worries though. Nothing ever runs as smoothly as planned, but as long as we keep moving forward, we'll get to where we need to be - just not as quickly as we would have liked.

Things are going to be a bit hectic over here next week (I hope!). We've already done some design changes to our website that haven't gone live yet. We should have those 2 games ready to go out - unless our vacationing Frenchman decides to stay in Venice another week! Then we might have to get Gameboomers Ace news reporter Carla to go on a scavenger hunt. smile So while next week we hope to release 2 casual games and launch our new site design, it's going to even get a little crazier...

We were supposed to release another game two weeks after the two that are on hold at the moment. That game is actually in three parts - Version 1 with 1,500 puzzle in it, Version 2 with another 1,500 puzzles and the Deluxe version which contains all 3,000 puzzles from version 1 & 2 plus 7,000 more...10,000 puzzles in all that fans of GameBoomers Garden of Puzzling Delights might enjoy.

Our plan is to make all of these games easy on the wallets and purses. So if all goes well (fingers crossed) we will be releasing a new website design and 5 new titles next week. LOL, forgive me if I seem a little nutty next week...well, nuttier than usual!

Posted By: MaG

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/28/07 12:16 PM

Hi, Ivinia.

Thanks for the clarification and update.

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/28/07 12:19 PM

Find the Frenchman Lost in Venice? Yes, that could be entertaining. lol

Thanks for all the info, Ivinia!
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/28/07 07:58 PM

WAHHHHHHHH..

How did I miss this one.. eek
I must have it grin
Posted By: Carla

Re: Ravens Hollow -- A New Horror Adventure - 09/28/07 08:00 PM

Your lost Frenchman must be very wet, that's the reason he's not back yet! lol

We had lots of rain and the famous venetian "high tide" stroke back, tell me if you need a rescue party, I'll see what I can do! happydance

Happy to see you here with all these exciting news, Ivinia!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community