GB HOMEPAGE

Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend

Posted By: Tracy

Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/24/07 06:09 PM

Hi guys. I just got this game in the mail yesterday and can't wait to play it. I thought I'd post and see if anyone else is playing it and what you think of it so far?

I'm playing several others first so it'll be a little while before I get to it and I'm just curious how it is! smile

Thanks guys!
Cat
Posted By: Becky

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/24/07 06:37 PM

Beautiful graphics, some fun historical locations, the game is set (as I recall) in the 1930s. Stylish ambiance. Variety of puzzles, some of which are quite difficult -- especially the timed slider. Good cast of characters, though it would be nice to get to know them in a bit more depth. We probably will, given the game's ending. laugh
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/24/07 07:28 PM

I thought the game had too many puzzle style puzzles if you know what I mean. lol
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/24/07 07:33 PM

I agree with JohnBoy..

There were just to many Puzzles..At every turn.
But all in All ..I did like the game...

Puzzles were hard...Especially that darn Slider Puzzle on the Ship wink

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/24/07 07:34 PM

JB -- did you like playing poker? (I'm terrible at card games, so I struggled.)

Darleen -- the slider was hard enough without having to dash away from it every few seconds to keep it from resetting. Maybe the developers assumed that all adventurers can do sliders in their sleep by now?
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/24/07 07:48 PM

smile I played and reviewed this game a while ago and loved it. I even liked the slider puzzle once I figured out what I was supposed to do. I'm still praying for a sequel.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/24/07 07:53 PM

Yes Becky....I Think that was about the most Challenging for me was that stupid slider.

Maybe cause I am good at sliders ....And it got me upset when that Bouncer kept bothering me
from finishing the puzzle rolleyes
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/24/07 07:58 PM

I thought it was a great game until the last puzzle I never did get it!So I never saw the ending frown the other puzzles we're just fine for me wave
Posted By: TLC

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/24/07 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cailyn:
I thought it was a great game until the last puzzle I never did get it!So I never saw the ending frown the other puzzles we're just fine for me wave
Cailyn,

Do you still have the game installed? I have a save with one final move for the last puzzle. wave

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/24/07 08:37 PM

I hated the poker game Becky and I hate sliders much less a timed one. I hated the bee puzzle and I got the last puzzle on the third try. Purely luck! lol

I also solved the docking the ship puzzle on my own but again not my kind of puzzle.

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/24/07 11:53 PM

Thanks for your opinions guys. I'm not a huge puzzle person, but I'm going to dive in anyway and see what happens. No doubt I'll be back here on the Hints section for help later on! LOL

smile

Cat
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/25/07 02:30 AM

I was really looking forward to this one, but a Timed Slider eek eek
Posted By: Benedict

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/25/07 04:29 AM

I still think the timed slider is a bad idea in game design. They should avoid the use of frustrating obstacles to lengthen gameplay.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/25/07 08:06 AM

I think you're right Benedict.

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/25/07 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Benedict:
I still think the timed slider is a bad idea in game design. They should avoid the use of frustrating obstacles to lengthen gameplay.
You are absolutely right. Without those ridiculous puzzles the game would have been a few hour long game. If that long. rolleyes
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/25/07 07:55 PM

Excuse me, but is this the same game as The Secrets of Atlantis: The Sacred Legacy? I found a review by inferno for Legacy, couldn't find anything for Legend, so is this yet another Atlantis game? My own favorite Atlantis game is Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis!

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/25/07 08:08 PM

Sierramindy - yes the game's title does end in Legacy instead of Legend -- but we all knew what catbelly meant!

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/26/07 11:37 AM

Whoops. LOL I always do that!! oops

Cat
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/27/07 10:59 AM

Can anyone tell me if Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Lagacy is available in stores?

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/27/07 01:32 PM

It hasn't been released in the U.S., Gerry. So far those of us in North America have been purchasing imports of the game from online stores.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Secrets of Atlantis the Sacred Legend - 03/28/07 10:42 AM

Thanks Becky I'll try and wait patiently. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community